[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rate season 2 of Daredevil 8/10 would be higher if they stuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 26
File: daredevil.jpg (67 KB, 426x597) Image search: [Google]
daredevil.jpg
67 KB, 426x597
Rate season 2 of Daredevil
8/10

would be higher if they stuck with the original story arc longer.
>>
>>67289470
Billyclub/10
>>
>>67289470
6/10

Stellar first half, very VERY weak latter half minus Kingpin.
>>
9/10 as I dont know original arc.
>>
>>67289496
This was all I wanted from this shit and it totally delivered. The sticks are the coolest thing about daredevil.
>>
>>67289470
I'm on episode 3 and I kinda hate it
>>
what did everyone think of Elektra? Even in later episodes I just found her too bitchy and spoiled to like. Is she just supposed to be that way?
>>
>>67289627
Disdain for plebs.
>>
>>67289647
Very unlikable at first, but I kind of warmed up to her in the later episodes. Super hot, let's not forget that.
>>
7/10
Weaker than season 1, but I thought that would be a given. The ending dragged on like I thought it would, but overall not bad and I'm already getting hyped for Defenders.
>>
>>67289470
>8.5/10

>10/10 if they had more scenes with Punisher and Daredevil calling each other out and participating in playful banter
>>
File: 1ZSm5528w2I.jpg (29 KB, 320x495) Image search: [Google]
1ZSm5528w2I.jpg
29 KB, 320x495
>>67289647
I liked her. I liked the relationship they depicted between her and Daredevil. They got that right. Also she's fucking gorgeous.
>>
>>67290655
>Weaker than season 1
Did we watch the same show?
>>
>>67291490
It's just my opinion man. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>67289470
8/10

Points removed because
-Page crying to the Punisher
>"I know you killed hundreds of people up till this point, and now the guy that just tried to kill me also, as it turns out, is the one that got your family killed. But don't kill this one guy that deserves it more than any other person you gunned down or you are dead to me! Even though I sorta kinda agree with you a bit and have been saying as much since episode 2"

>Random Zombie Ninjas.
Could have worked as it's own season, not shoehorned in at the end of the punisher story
>>
>>67289470
The episodes with a lot of Frank were 6/10. The episodes without a lot of Frank were 2/10. Still above average for cape shit garbage.
>>
Where was the priest?

7.5/10
>>
Who was the Blacksmith?
>>
8.5/10

Needed more Frank, but definitely better than season 1.
>>
>>67289470
8/10 too. I was genuinely surprised by how good this season was. Too bad last third wasn't as good as the two first third (but still decent).
>>
>>67293055
at the irishman's funeral, you dunce
>>
>>67289470
First half, like a lot of people are saying, was pretty good. I actually thought I was going to enjoy the second half more after The Punisher got arrested, but as it went on the ninja shit got out of control. It was a good idea but i think the second half should have focused more on the court case and the conspiracy with The Punisher's family. The ending with the Colonel made literally no sense though, unless someone wants to try to explain it better. It felt completely shoehorned in and honestly made no sense.

Also that end fight where I knew The Punisher was going to show up eventually but only did to kill 2 guys who barely posed a threat. He should have wiped out half the army at the beginning.

All in all 7/10, less magic more bad guy fighting
>>
1-3 sucked
10 -13 sucked

5.5/10
>>
>ending fight
>an army on ninjas
>literally only carrying swords and longbows
>fucking longbows
Where the fuck were the guns? Why even send an army of sword wielding ninjas? I know the The Hand plot made little sense, but come on.

Also one big part that bothered me was in one of the last episodes, where they were rescuing stick, daredevil was fighting some ninjas and offscreen you could hear someone unloading a full auto gun, then it pans over and he's literally 10 feet from daredevil and somehow missed every shot.
Suspension of disbelief, it still is needed even in capeshit.

The best fight scenes were daredevil vs the biker gang while saving The Punisher, and The Punisher fighting all the guys in jail. Series needs more of that, less badly equipped ninjas.
>>
I'm almost halfway into the second season. Punisher disappeared in the latest episode and got replaced with the boring woman. It's so lousy without him, the show needs him to be any good. When does he come back?
>>
>>67293796
He never really leaves, although he doesn't do too much later on. A few (great) fight scenes left for him.
>>
>>67293501
3 was good
10 was good

fuck off
>>
>>67293796
Keep watching you fucking faggot.
>>
It had too many characters and the plot was all over the place. The first 4 episodes with Punisher felt like a completely separate show than the later ones.
>>
The problem with these series are that the daredevil is boring as shit and predictable character who will never have proper development because he is bound by capeshit rules.
First season was saved by the villain and the second by the anti-hero.
The rest of the cast is just annoying and don't add anything to the overall plot whatsoever.
>>
I waited a year just to have 13 hours (not even) worth of barely passable streaming entertainment, wtf has my life become
>>
The big problem with this season is that they did two things at once. Had they even managed to mix together Elektra and The Punisher's storyline it kinda would've made it to have a point but as it stands it makes me think that a season full on Punisher or one season full on Elektra would've worked much better.

Overall it feels like they're setting up things on their own for the future, with the Kingpin being on prison gaining his power, Elektra being resurected and all.

I feel like Fisk's storylline fits better for Season 3 and Elektra's would be better for The Defenders.
>>
>>67289470
worsethans1betterthanJJ/10
>>
>>67294153
>The problem with these series are that the daredevil is boring as shit and predictable character who will never have proper development because he is bound by capeshit rules.

Care to develop that? Or are you too busy being a contrarian?
>>
>>67289470
I still don't get why people would like season 1 better. Even if their respective storylines are somehow too big for one single season, Elektra and Frank made it really enjoyable from start to finish.
Better direction, more action, focus on better underused parts from season 1 (Nobu, tha hand). What's not to like? They even made chubby and karen watchable this time around.
>>
>>67293095
Did you watch the show?
>>
>>67293095
your mom
>>
Finished 4 episodes. There's at least one embarrassingly poor scene each episode that would otherwise cause me to drop, but I continue this season for Frank as I continued last season for Fisk.

>Foggy isn't funny or endearing and his strange acting would work better if his character were a secret sociopath
>Foggy scene where he talks some Hispanics out of fighting in a hospital is now funny in retrospect I guess
>Matt/Frank fighting out in the open, taking sniper fire, Frank gets hit once after 5 minutes of slow fist fighting
>Karen panting while Matt touches her arm makes me question whether I'm autistic or everyone who OK'd this scene is autistic
>realizing this show is about to torture me by sidelining Frank for at least a few episodes

frank/10
>>
>>67294660
>sidelining Frank
what's the name of the show again? Also, he won't be that sidelined.
>>
>>67294660
>>Karen panting while Matt touches her arm makes me question whether I'm autistic or everyone who OK'd this scene is autistic

You're autistic and virgin, that's all
>>
File: 1452966265792.jpg (30 KB, 758x287) Image search: [Google]
1452966265792.jpg
30 KB, 758x287
>>67294660
>makes me question whether I'm autistic

Oh there's no question, friendo
>>
>>67294660
The actress who plays Karen is awful. She over-acts every damn scene. She's always on the verge of crying, glaring at other women or creaming herself over the men. Seriously, she's so much worse than the guy that plays Faggy Foggy, but no one recognizes it cause she's hot.
>>
File: frank.jpg (441 KB, 664x1000) Image search: [Google]
frank.jpg
441 KB, 664x1000
I'm not too far in.

how FRANK is this show?
>>
>>67295052
To be frank, it could use more Frank.
>>
>>67295102
Frankly this
>>
>>67294611
Yeah but they didnt tell me who it was
>>
>>67289530

Agreed, still the best live-action superhero. Its competition is mostly absolute crap.
>>
>>67293682
Been a daredevil fan since the 80's and the hand's weaponry ties in with their mythos and honor. It would be beneath them to use modern weaponry.
>>
>this door won't hold, and there are too many ninjas on the roof to count!
>the door holds, and there's only like 10 guys on the roof

took me right out of the ending.
>>
>Dr. Page I'm Daredevil
Seriously?
>>
>>67289627
Unfortunately it doesn't get any better. Season 2 is a generous 5/10. Season 1 is probably a 7 or 8.
>>
>>67289470
6/10 obviously had their budget slashed
>>
>>67293796
when he goes to prison meets kingpin where he sets him free then he gets his revenge on blacksmith who wasent a skrull cause marvel is a copout bitch and helps double dick out in the final fight by shorting a bunch of ninjas on a rooftop but convenient doing it right after electra gets ded
>>
>>67296198
the general...
>>
watch the background ninjas in the rooftop fight in the final episode, its hilarious tdkr level shit
>>
on episode 12 and holy shit am i sick of seeing fucking ninja fights

goddamn
>>
>>67294660
>>>Karen panting while Matt touches her arm makes me question whether I'm autistic or everyone who OK'd this scene is autistic

You've just never touched a girl is all
>>
>>67294153
>Daredevil is willing to abandon his whole life and throws a dude of the fucking roof in the last episode.
Youre wrong.
>>
>>67299568
The ninjas would be fine if they weren't so useless.
"You remember the super tough ninja guy from season one? Well now theres a whole army of that guy! And they're the weakest enemies Daredevil has ever fought!"
I dont know how they turned an infinite supply of invisible zombie ninjas into a bunch of pathetic schlubs but they did it.
>>
>>67299701
Agreed. DD has more trouble with random gangsters than the elite ninjas. They shouldve lowered the numbers so he's never fighting more than 2. Then bust out like 12 for the final fight scene
>>
File: A Frank in Time.jpg (89 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
A Frank in Time.jpg
89 KB, 500x381
>>67289470
Stupid Ninja Shit/Frank

In any Daredevil story you always need to focus on the most important character: The Punisher. Whenever Frank isn't on the screen, every character should be asking "Where's Frank?"
I thought the season lost its stride when it decided to shift focus to an ancient ninja clan instead of staying true to the comic canon and giving Frank access to a time machine.
>>
>>67289470
>8/10
Way too high.
>>
File: 1458532968586.png (300 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1458532968586.png
300 KB, 500x500
>>67289470
7/10
First season was way better.

I have questions for /co/cks, how were the Punisher and Elektra portrayed in the show vs the comics?
Was the Punisher always a psychopath or it just a show thing? Does Elektra really dies? The fuck is Black Sky? Does Karen also becomes a journalist?Did the Punisher started the Civil War?

Also Trinity showing up made my day.
>>
>>67294660
i thought she was shivering desu
>>
>>67289470
9/10
Everything I wanted and more.
Punisher and Elektra were great, fleshed out, kept apart well.
Every "b" character was on point. Foggy verbally tearing motherfuckers up with legal talk was satisfying as fuck. Karen was mostly great, didn't just feel like another damsel in distress.
The fights were all spectacular, specifically the ones with Frank vs Matt.
I liked the handling of the ninja stuff too, right amount of mysticism vs skepticism for me.
Only thing that knocked a point off for me was Stick. He was ok in parts but overall he just kinda annoys me.
Easily the best comic book adaption ever made.
>>
Was this all "Muh Catholic Guilt"? It's one of the reasons why I stopped reading the comics.
>>
>>67301452
its very very minimal. A few church scenes in the first season, I'm only halfway through the second season and only one church scene. Though honestly there's one priest in this show and he's pretty cool.
>>
>>67301201
Punisher was on point to the comics pretty much, easily best version of him live action.
Elektra they took a few liberties with but overall was a great adaption. Elektra in the comics is brought back from the dead, it's probably her most defining ark in the comics, and the hand/nobu in the show were shown to come back from death, so it's safe to say the giant jar/pot/coffin that they drained the kids blood into is what brings her back to life. She's not gonna be dead for long.
>>
>>67301452
>Was this all "Muh Catholic Guilt"?

Oh boy, you're in for a ride in this season.
>>
>>67294660

Kinda this.

>take out Frank
>push in Elektra

Trash it.jpg

Also I miss the original outfit, it was based as fuck.
>>
>>67301412

well said, Anon. I concur. However, I gave Season 1 a 9/10 and I like this season more. I'll give it a 9.5/10
>>
>>67294660

The first 4 episodes are the best of the season. Honorable mention to episode 8/9, whichever the one with Punisher's hallway fight.

Basically, the season is at its best when Punisher is onscreen. If he's not onscreen, it's okay. If any Hand shit is going on, it's shit.
>>
File: 1456018904642.jpg (16 KB, 221x246) Image search: [Google]
1456018904642.jpg
16 KB, 221x246
>>67301561
I see, thanks anon.
>>
>>67290090
The other way around for me.

I liked her as Matt's psycho ex-gf, but later when she went TOO psycho (It's fine being an adrenaline junkie who is trying to bring the Yakuza down, but when she slits that Ninja's throat and goes "This is who I am, Matty! Do you still want me?" that's too far on the crazy territory). The stuff with the Black Sky was also meh, and it felt like forced drama to me.
>>
YOU WANT TO HELP ME!? YOU WANT TO SEND ME TO REDDIT!?
I DON'T NEED YOUR HELP! I ENJOYED MEMEING AND I WOULD MEME ALL OVER AGAIN!
YOU WANTED THE MEMESTER!? I AM THE MEMESTER AND I AM GOING TO MEME EVERYONE OF YOU!
>>
>>67289530
Totally agree. The first half was fucking amazing. Slowly started declining but the last two episodes it was like they got tired and wanted to be done already.
>>
>>67289470

6.5/10 overall.

They completely wasted the amazing build up with too much MUH NINJA CULT bullshit.

No answers about what that hole is, no real explanation about The Hand beyond the fact that they're assholes who want Elektra because then they'll be unstoppable, too much Karen and Foggy (especially Karen) and Elektra's death was lame.

Punisher was fucking terrific. That Fisk reveal in the prison got me hyped as hell, but overall too much was left undeveloped, just to be cliffhangers for next season. Nothing Stick did made sense either.

>Elektra is a human weapon The Hand can't have
>So lemme just save her because Matt may sperg out otherwise
>Oh wait no fuck she's uncontrollable
>Okay you two redshirts go ahead with the plan
>Fuck, they're dead - why are my disciples such shit besides Elektra and Daredevil
>Hold off Elektra with ease, get taken by ninjas in the blink of an eye
>Chop off Nobu's head in an anticlimax
>Kind of backpedal about wanting her dead at her grave because Matt might sperg out if he doesn't

They didn't think enough through before filming.
>>
Can't wait for season 3.
>>
>>67301762
I agree, everything with Stick and Elektra made litte sense.

I still think this season is better than Jessica Jones.
>>
>>67289470
It's pretty good. I'd probably give it an 8/10 too.

I didn't like how Nobu was the main villain.

It kind of felt like it was filler. Like they introduced the Irish gang so they could give us Bullseye next season and they started Karen's romance so they could kill her off next season.

But still really good. Any scene with Kingpin was intense and even the bad fight scenes are still interesting. Elektra was portrayed perfectly and the billy club was so cool.
>>
Only wish they had someone older than 12 writing the dialogue
>>
I honestly didn't like the whole court/lawyer stuff which was the majority of the season. It was just boring compared to the Daredevil side. The whole relationship thing with Karen was pointless.

I just wanted to see Elektra and Daredevil do cute things and have fun. There was a decent amount of it.

7/10.
>>
File: racism.png (91 KB, 883x654) Image search: [Google]
racism.png
91 KB, 883x654
0/10 it's racist
>>
Last few episodes were bad. Some of the themes of the show are getting worn out. Punisher had some sweet moments thought.
>>
File: Absolutely problematic.jpg (40 KB, 228x284) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely problematic.jpg
40 KB, 228x284
>>67302204
>>
>>67290655
Hardly. Fisk is the worst enemy. He is better in season 2 but was unbearable in season 1. Horribly written.
>>
Just finished the show

Was it ever explained what the giant hole was for[/spolier]? I don't think it was but I might have missed it
>>
>punisher/ fisk scenes 9/10
>lawyering/ detective work scenes 7/10
>electra/ ninja scenes 6/10
>>
>>67303706
You didn't miss it bby; it was never explained.
>>
File: 1434410076286.jpg (43 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
1434410076286.jpg
43 KB, 630x630
>nobody warned me about the bamboo stick fingernail torture scene
>>
>>67303706
Shortcut to Japan
>>
>>67303706
Yeah, it was a cliffhanger for The Defenders
>>
Punisher arc: 10/10
The Hand arc: 6/10

Seriously, who decided that a bunch of mystical comic book shit was more important than an interesting and thought provoking story about what it means to be a hero and the lines each person draws for what is right, wrong, and necessary.
>>
>>67303939
just what i thought
>>
File: costanza.jpg (8 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
costanza.jpg
8 KB, 251x251
>>67304166
>thought provoking
>>
>>67303837
oh god ;__; i remember it now
>>
File: 1450841993283.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1450841993283.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>67293108

>Needed more Frank

My only real gripe about the show. Not enough Frank. They needed to have an episode dedicated to Punisher clearing shit out, with at least a scene having an awesome one-take camera shot like they did with that biker fight but in operator mode.
>>
I don't get it. The action in this show is so fucking terrible yet it's so highly praised. The character is so one dimensional and boring. Costume is abysmal. Acting is average at best.

What's the catch? It being capeshit?

I'm sure you retards come from reddit actually
>>
>>67307589
>lowercase letters in a comic

Marvel's done it for years and it's never stopped bugging me.
>>
>>67307589
The spinoff series will be entirely this.
I can wait.
>>
>>67304857
>capeshit thread
>retards in it

nothing surprising anon
>>
>>67297926
That's fucking stupid
>>
>A lot of time is devoted to building up the two newbies, to arranging a series of interlocking mob rivalries for Punisher and Elektra to intrude upon, and to setting up a rivalry between Matt's law firm and a local prosecutor with a vendetta against costumed heroes. The new episodes (I've seen the first seven) can go long stretches without Matt appearing in either his civilian or costumed identities, and even when he's on screen — particularly in the early, Punisher-focused installments — he often feels like a supporting character on his own show.

>But there's just too much flab — too many characters and subplots, and too many scenes that run on and on for no particular reason — on top of the unmistakable blandness of the guy in the red(ish) costume, for Daredevil to feel as satisfying so far this season. Every now and then, there will be a great moment, like the aforementioned Punisher monologue, or Henson's Foggy calming down a violent situation, but on the whole it's too unfocused to entirely work, and has to lean even more than before on the inherent charisma of its actors. (There's a subplot about Woll's Karen investigating Punisher's backstory that doesn't make a lot of sense, but gets by as a delivery system for one of the show's best performances.)
>>
>>67289470
First half was brilliant. Second half was ok. Not a big fan of the "lets fight 50 fukin ninjas" thing. It got tiring after a while.
>>
>>67303738

This
>>
The scene when he bought the police reciever was pretty good, classic Frank.
>>
>>67302204
tbf he's right about every asian guy being a mystical ninja with no backstory.
>>
>>67297926
Except the parts where they actually did use guns. Like when they rescued stick.
>>
punisher - 9/10
murdock & foggy lawyering - 7/10
karen page - 3/10
daredevil fighting 1st half - 8/10
daredevil fighting 2nd half - 5/10
elektra - 6/10 at first 3/10 then
zombie ninja bullshit stick whatever the """"main"""" story arc in the second half of the season was - 2/10
>>
>>67308031
Basically this.
>>
>>67308031
>Karen
>3

Her going to Frank's house and then helping him remember what he couldn't bear to remember alone made her at least a 5.
Her habit of wearing formfitting dresses bumped that up to a 6 or 7.

With you on Elektra, but it's the twist that ruined her. The actress did great despite being skinny as a rail.
>>
>>67303738
Yep.

I honestly expected Foggy to be horrible again, but I feel he's coming to his own. The scene where he knew Matt wasn't coming to court and just said "fuck it, I'll open this fucking thing myself" was pretty damned good. I preferred it to Matts later argument when he finally did arrive.
>>
>>67307947
That scene pissed me off. It's ok to sell illegal stolen police weapons but not ok to sell porn
>>
If Frank didn't Kill the District attorney

Who did?
>>
>>67308969
>100 dollars for to watch a chick who wasn't even fully developed get railed

The guy was a fucking ripoff artist. He deserved punishment.
>>
>>67308969
Child porn you fucking freak
>>
>>67308994
I just finished that scene.

Was it not Frank? Seriously?
>>
>>67309021
That's the joke. You're supposed to come up with another reason for the guy to deserve death while ignoring the obvious reason Frank Franked him.
>>
>>67299159
That reveal was so lackluster
>>
Still the best capeshit anything. Netflix still has the best tv outside premium cable networks
>>
>>67289470
Elektra ruins everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBbD5SCND3M
>>
File: 5241.jpg (70 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
5241.jpg
70 KB, 400x388
>>67309178
>Elektra ruins everything

Then she'll come and ruin my dick, right guys?
>>
>>67309233
right anon. You just need to use the power of The Hand and all your problems will be solved.
>>
>>67308031
You forgot the 10/10 Kingpin scenes.
>>
>>67309178
>literally WAKE ME UP INSIDE

Is this where the meme came from?
>>
>>67309248
Siphoning strangers' blood can't be too hard.
I'll bet I could even do it while masturbating.
>>
>Punisher only kills 4 people in the season final

I was expecting him to wipe the floor with the hand after finding all that sick gear

Doesn't help that the advertising shows him holding a fucking Minigun
>>
>>67309285
That song was wildly popular when it came out. There wasn't a rock station that didn't play the fucking thing at least twelve times an hour.
>>
Punisher parts 8/10
All that ninja shit 4/10
>>
File: 5241.jpg (26 KB, 400x170) Image search: [Google]
5241.jpg
26 KB, 400x170
Prison fight Frank/10.

The rest was passable. The female leads were both cute as fuck in their own ways. They were essentially the chicks from Uncharted.
>>
>>67289470
6.5/10. Pretty average show, too much comic book, not a single grounded character like Ben Urich last season, the story is a mess, no really memorable moments, Kingpin is boring, death scenes have no gravity to them because it's hard to care about the people dying. Coloring is monotone and fails to convey the atmosphere of any scene, the lighting is quite good in the first half but then goes to shit in the second half, music adds nothing to the visuals.

Right now, the show is just above Agents of Shield, whereas the previous season was a stellar 9.5/10. I predict the show won't recover from this.
>>
>>67296198
You could put two and two together. They don't spoon feed you.
>>
>>67309501
>just above Agents of SHIT
>above average

You say 6.5/10 but your review says 4.5 tops.
>>
>>67296198
Actually I don't think that one guy is actually the blacksmith, I think he was working for him and Punisher will meet the actual Blacksmith next season
>>
>>67309597
>next season
>not Punisher season 1
>>
File: 123.png (180 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
123.png
180 KB, 400x400
anyone got the punisher gif noding at the end with the gun
>>
What the fuck was that massive fucking hole for?

Why did the show just forget about the Punisher conspiracy until the last episode?

Why is Matt so whipped?

Why is Elektra somehow equally boring AND annoying?

Where did the "army" of ninjas go? Did the Punisher shoot them offscreen with his minigun?

This season had problems, it started out better than the first but my god it's like they ran out of time while writing it and just threw everything they had at it even if it sucked or didn't make sense. And that fucking Blacksmith asspull, it could have been great but god what a mess
>>
>>67309604
Punisher is better off having cameos in other shows. I doubt this will be the only one he shows up in.
>>
>>67289470
6/10
>>
>>67309631
HAHA
6 EPISODES WHERE PUNISHER WAS IN
I GET IT
>>
>>67309627
>Punisher is better off having cameos in other shows.

Regardless, you know it's gonna happen anyway.
>>
>>67309178
>WAKE ME UP

That movie was so bad
>>
>>67309627

Hope he meets up with Jessica Jones and Luke Cage and bitches about DD's no killing policy
>>
>>67309555
I focused on the negative, true. I liked Frank Castle and his chemistry with Karen, it's hinted upon several times in the show the she sees him as an absolution for her kill last season, she's looking for the spark of goodness in him because that would mean you can kill a baddie and still be a good person, which is a struggle she's facing silently. I really enjoyed that and the Karen/Frank chemistry is the highlight of the season.

I enjoyed the idea of Matt finally realizing he is more Daredevil than he is Murdoch so Foggy giving him shit is nothing but holding him back. I enjoyed the scenes where he put Foggy back in his seat when he tried to act all indignant about Matt's night escapades. That was really nice.

Basically, the show was 50% comic book 50% drama last season, now it's 10% drama and 90% comic book shit. The drama is good when it's there but the comic book shit is too overindulgent to keep my interest for long enough to wait for the next character development.

That awards you 6.5/10 in my books
>>
File: 1379694941604.jpg (9 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1379694941604.jpg
9 KB, 200x200
punisher in the reddit show flash
>Punisher "if you so fast go fuck yourself faster"
>flash: ye-yes sure *starts to sucking muslim dick*
>>
>>67309285

Yup
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 550x835) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 550x835
>tfw no Fury Max TV show or film
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 384x384
Didn't Cuck Whedon say that he hates The Punisher and called him a fascist?
>>
>>67289470
gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8
>>
>>67309759
Alright I see where you're coming from.
>>
>>67309866
>>67309555
And I appreciate your trips followed by dubs. I'm glad we've had this conversation.
>>
>>67309759
i hate melodrama
>>
>>67309908
It wasn't melodramatic. But to give a damn about a nigga getting squeezed to death, I need to know something about him first, like his woes, his ambitions, his fears. I won't care about a chick getting stabbed if the only thing I know about her is that she fucked the protagonist and is some weird plot device.
>>
>>67309847
there's literally nothing wrong with fascism
>>
>>67309953
im glad people take marvel so seriously now.
>>
>>67310048
Well, the first season set the bar really high. It wasn't just good for a Marvel show, it was very good for a TV show, period. Which is why I'm disappointed in this season, it makes me rate the show compared to other Marvel shows again.
>>
>>67307989
No, being a mystical ninjas is their back story.
Plus, theyre basically one entity; the Hand. The Hand will have a backstory.
>>
>>67302204
>I hate stereotypes but this show is what all white males like.
>>
>>67289470
7/10 - First half is phenomenal, just as good as the first season. Then it just kind of flopped at the end. The only good sequences afterwards were Frank's.
>>
>>67289647
I didn't mind her, but I hated the ninja bullshit B story.
>>
>>67289470
>would be higher if they stuck with the original story arc longer.

then you faggots would complain about muh filler
>>
>>67309320
Yea, that teaser made me think we were going to see a final fight with the 3 of them
>>
>First few episodes with The Punisher
Wow this is great
>Latter episodes with mystical zombie ninjas and 10 year old Cambodian girls beating the shit out of 3 men at the same time
Nah I ain't gonna do it
>>
File: luke-cage-jessica-jones-netflix.jpg (266 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
luke-cage-jessica-jones-netflix.jpg
266 KB, 640x360
>>67302204
I wonder what's this guy opinion about Jessica Jones.
>>
>>67289530

The Punisher arc was really good, but for god knows why they shoehorned in Electra, and put Punisher to the wayside.

I really like how Matt totally cucked Foggy in terms of friendship and business partnership.

Lots of wasted potential.

Every fightscene is also so ungodly dark to I can only assume mask the horrible choreography, and there are so many of them.
>>
Punisher was badass. That prison scene where he went full auto was awesome. Daredevil on the other hand is weak as piss.
>>
>>67313841
Theres nothing to complain about. Luke Cage is canonically married to Jessica Jones in the comics.

I would argue more about Jessica Jones just being poorly written in the second half (noticing a trend here?).

Luke Cage is going to be garbage, and the inevitable Punisher and Iron Fist spin offs will also be garbage because we literally wrapped up Frank's major motivations and revenge plot in Daredevil, so it's just going to be gratuitous violence and a paper thin plot.
>>
>>67313841
Jessica Jones is fucking dumb. Kristen Ritter is so fucking obnoxious like a 14 year old girl experiencing her first pms.

How fucking weak can you get...The first time she captured purple she should have cut his tongue out.
>>
>>67314331
The Punisher is the only series worth keeping.
>>
>>67314354
>The first time she captured purple she should have cut his tongue out.
It was a virus or some shit.
>>
>>67314412
Yeah but he wouldn't be able to give commands...
>>
>>67314412
So? If he can't talk, he can't command anyone. Unless you give him paper and pen or some shit.
>>
>>67293501
>1-3 sucked
Those were the best ones, you retard.
>>
>>67314412
>>67314354
>>67314331

Yeah.

The real problem that these Marvel series is going to have is that it's abundantly clear that it's going to always be better to just murder the guy, which is exactly what happened in Jessica Jones, and Daredevil S2.

So you're not even being edgy or interesting. It's just going to happen. Daredevil going "Well, maybe murder is ok just this one time" is fucking laughable.

You can make it dark and gritty, but if you're still doing this whole moral-highground hero thing it's not going to work unless you tone it back a lot.
>>
6/10 the last part was dumb
>>
What was the deal with the kids?
>>
>>67295149
frankly I don't give a frank
>>
>>67314473
Well considering that I am paying $15 a month for Netflix, I want more than two carbon copy marvel series. The Punisher episodes of DD were the only entertaining parts.
>>
9.5/10. It was pretty much all I wanted, the only complaint I have are the fucking ninjas.

The feels at the end were bad. Helps I was pretty drunk by the end of my binge but holy fuck that shit hurt.
>>
>>67302204
>Asians
>Not mystical ninjas with no backstory

they all rook same
>>
Seriously the best part was the punisher arc with Fisk at the end Fisk is such a god tier villain, I couldn't give less of a fuck about the mystic ninjas or elektra "dying"
>>
>>67314756
Too bad, we get more of the Hand in S3.
>>
>>67303837
>>67305688
I didn't mind that so much, it was the people connected to blood tubes that made me cringe
>>
File: 1441410430580.gif (995 KB, 257x194) Image search: [Google]
1441410430580.gif
995 KB, 257x194
>>67314756
Vincent is a god tier actor, I'm going to watch FMJ now just to get my jollies.
>>
>>67314788
>>67314756

>Matt Murdock is a boring character
>Foggy and the Bitch are boring characters
>Wilson Fisk is imo portrayed by a bad actor with stupid mannerisms, but is the most interesting character, because he -actually does stuff-

"Wesley.... was... my friend..."

>Punisher actually does stuff in Season 2 which makes him interesting

Daredevil is fucking boring. He doesn't do anything besides conveniently rescue the actually interesting characters. It's also going full retard with "prophecies" and blowing the scale way out of proportion. The Avengers can have world domination as a plot, because it makes sense. It makes a lot more sense for more personal stakes in a Television series.
>>
>>67314934
Daredevil is still the best cape TV show at the moment.
>>
Probably can't add too much that hasn't already been said...Punisher was great, I even liked the Elektra arc and the destruction of the friendship of Foggy and Matt but...the Black Sky storyline seemed completely unfinished and in that I was unsatisfied. There was really no endgame with the season. It feels like they brought something in and then let it flounder into Elektra dying.

Personally I like a bit more resolution to a season than what we got. It is fine to set things up and take your time even if they will pay off in another season but there was really nothing but a character death and Castle's escape to solidify the ending of an entire season. It just didn't have enough of a conclusion to anything and that is my biggest problem. That and the shoehorning of Castle's CO being the Blacksmith.

8/10
>>
>>67314934
>Wilson Fisk is imo portrayed by a bad actor with stupid mannerisms
He is way out of his league in season 1 so he proceeds meekly, knowing any single of the gang leaders could off him without a problem.
>>
>>67314951
I agree, but don't act like that is something hard to do.

I watched one episode of The Flash which involved Professor Zoom, and Parallel Worlds, I can accept that because Time Travel and other dimensions are stuff that happens in the comics but the acting was so fucking stupid and bad.

I've watched Season 1 of Arrow and that was pretty good, but they basically just made it Batman.

Jessica Jones was a cruel joke. Horrible flat acting, and the only one who did a good job was David Tennant because he's an actually talented actor.

I seriously can't believe Luke Cage is getting his own spin off, when he was so fucking boring and uninteresting in Jessica Jones. But I guess it's better than Jessica Jones getting a Season 2.
>>
Wtf happened to all those kids? Why were getting drained to fed the empty box,when elektra was only put into it at the the end? Also, when they recaptured the kids and slit their wrists, what was that for?
>>
>>67315082
Does it even matter? It makes no difference to the outcome and has no bearing on further episodes.
>>
>>67315136
Because it's gay
>>
>>67315082
>>67315136
>>67315144
Probably in the Defender or S3.
>>
Why do people not like the Ninjas?
Are they familiar with the source material at all?
I know most of you are hard for the Punisher and Fisk, but the former needs his own show to be fleshed out and the later works best at "oh shit" type moments.
>>
File: hood.jpg (213 KB, 853x960) Image search: [Google]
hood.jpg
213 KB, 853x960
Here's what bugs me. Matt obviously wears a hood/balaclava/ski mask sort of thing under his helmet, that's really easy to see. But whenever he's about to either take off or put on his helmet, they cut the shot with him already having the hood off and you see him taking off/putting on the helmet directly over his head, with his ears and neck exposed. Then they cut again and he magically has the hood on under the helmet. That's fucking annoying, right? But fine, I guess they don't wanna show him with just the hood on because it's looks stupid, and at least they're consistent to do it every time, so I'll deal with it. Except in the final episode, when Matt and Elektra are talking just before getting to the roof, they actually show him putting the helmet on over the hood, even though they did the stupid magic hood trick when he took it off just a minute before. Like, what the fuck?

Sorry, I had to get my autism off. I agree that Frank stuff was great, ninja bullshit was ninja bullshit. Fisk scenes were godlike, though I feel like they had so much impact because we only got a little of him this time.
>>
>>67315032
the only reason i continued watching JJ was because of Ritter's ass and Tenant's acting. when he hams it up, it's glorious. i hope they get an equally talented and ostentatious performance from the villain for the next season.
>>
>>67315013
Are we talking about the same guy who opened a Russians head with a car door and threw Leland down a garbage chute?

Madam Gao was the only one that Fisk was actually intimidated by
>>
>Less ninjas
>More Punisher out of court
7.5/10
>>
>>67315181
Did you know Batman in Nolan movies has black eyeliner when wearing mask but when he take it off in movie...no eyeliner? wtf is this movie magic ??
>>
Shitty things about Daredevil:

>Stick being overly cryptic for no fucking reason
>Stick saving Elektra when he actually wants her dead
>Elektra being in this season at all
>Bringing back Nobu
>Horrible Karen centric plots that end laughably
>Karen getting way too much screentime
>Foggy getting cucked by Matt no less than 5 times, and finally mans up and tells him to go fuck himself
>Not enough Kingpin
>Punisher arc was great but should have been left more open ended to continue in Season 3 or spin off series

It was just really boring. Started kind of weak, then got strong, then started dragging its heels and I was basically falling asleep and having to rewatch episodes because of it. It's pacing is fucking terrible. Probably doesn't help that episodes are an inconsistent length, ranging from 40-60 minutes.
>>
>>67315288
Stick likes Elektra like he likes Matt. But if she is going to be lost to the Hand, he would rather kill her then.
>>
>>67289647
>>67289772
>>67290847
>>67313205
I thought she did a good job. Better than I expected from looking at the promo pics before watching.
>>
File: 1428237581145.jpg (33 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1428237581145.jpg
33 KB, 400x388
Still a better lawyer series than Better Call Saul
>>
>gritty dark show about how our justice system doesn't work as intended
>suddenly magic ninjas

bruh
>>
>>67315181
Maybe he took the helmet off, took the hood off, put the helmet back on then took it off again every time? Maybe you're not the autist one here anon, maybe Matt is?
>>
File: 60388520[1].jpg (95 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
60388520[1].jpg
95 KB, 400x400
>>67302204

>YFW there's a subreddit called asianmasculinity
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 188x268) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 188x268
>>67289470
>FUCKING NORMIES I DON´T WANT TO KILL
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Summary of season 2
>>
DUDE NINJAS LMAO
>>
>All this bitching about ninjas
Blame the comics?
>>
File: ripped Scott Glenn.png (808 KB, 1194x902) Image search: [Google]
ripped Scott Glenn.png
808 KB, 1194x902
>75 years old

Scott Glenn is fucking RIPPED
>>
Both the Hand and the Chaste could have been better. Too many nameless irrelevant mooks and not enough actual characters. Also too many hooks for future series so hardly anything even happened in the last few episodes.
>>
I miss Leeland Owsley ;_;
>>
File: 2-9.jpg~original.jpg (554 KB, 1835x1223) Image search: [Google]
2-9.jpg~original.jpg
554 KB, 1835x1223
>>67317747
>tfw you're still in your 20s and this utter geezer is in infinitely better shape than you
Has a better head of hair, too.

Funny how this dude was nearing or in middle age during his "prime". Seems like you used to see that in Hollywood a lot more often until sometime during the 90s...with both genders. Now you're over the hill before your 29th birthday.
>>
>>67317747
and does better blind person shtick, than charlie cox.
>>
>>67299439
ikr, the first episodes were god-tier, not only story wise but they were visaully better. the latter episodes were still kinda good, but felt like they were filmed and edited by amateurs, especially the episode when elektra gets slashed and the one with the ninjas climbing the hospital
Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.