[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it me or is the writing EVEN MORE network trash tier this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 56c5255d77814[1].jpg (108 KB, 940x529) Image search: [Google]
56c5255d77814[1].jpg
108 KB, 940x529
Is it me or is the writing EVEN MORE network trash tier this season?

>article like it was written by 5y old
> muh evil irish mobster sudden burst of violence
>nyc stuck in the 80s

its like they dont even bother matching the production values with the writing. Hey netflix, were going for the cable aesthetic, should we hire good writers? No senpai its good, plebs dont care if it sounds worse than csi
>>
>>67283731
You sound like a mad cuck. Did you watch it with your wife's son?
>>
>DCucks in rage mode after BvS bombed

stay jelly because Marvel has total domination over cinema & TV
>>
>>67283731
It was created by ABC studios, what did you expect?
>>
>>67283826
I expect cable level writing when I watch cable, not network crap. But I guess we live in the age of pretend where you can just put on the mask of prestige tv without actually having the writing to match
>>
>>67283731
>>nyc stuck in the 80s
What do you mean?
>>
>>67284103
hells kitchen isnt some working class neighborhood with turn of the century irish gangs
>>
It's not like the source material has any better writing. It's a capeshit show FFS.

If you wanna see real cringe, watch arrow, agents of shield, or super girl.

Can't go an ep more in these shows without wanting to kill myself.
>>
>>67284226
They explained it last season. The alien invasion fucked all the buildings up, Fisk made a power grab, and since then crime has become rampant
>>
>>67284304
At least those shows match their network feel
>>
>>67283731
nah, it was just as bad in the first season.
>>
>>67284226
Yeah, TV shows always portray crime as being more rampant in New York than it really is
>>
>>67284304
>It's capeshit so it doesn't need good writing.
>>
>>67284226
>this a different universe.
>a bunch of superheroes destroyed buildings here.
>>
Some of the writing this season really did have me laughing out loud. There's so little faith in the audience-absolutely nothing is implied. We're told EXACTLY what characters are feeling at any given moment. "Why am I still alive, you killed everyone else" just fucking say "why am I still alive" we know what the fucking punisher did.

And then there's things like "he used military precision" when we just saw that he lit the place up like a fireworks show-there was nothing precise about it. What's strange is that, if the show runners are sooo convinced that their audience isn't paying attention to this shit, making the action align more closely with the script is only going to be better for the people who do care.

I also think that the fight scenes are starting to mirror the dialogue in that, so many of them are just filler. They communicate almost nothing about the character but they pass as interesting so they just heap them on. Why does he have to hit every thug ten times in the face? It's exhausting, less is more.
>>
>>67285644
Its convinient writing.
Like when they knockout some baddy he stays knocked out forever.
If they put these guys in a coma they probably have killed a couple already and if they are not most of them should wake up after a minute or two.
They knock some guys out in the first floor, spend another 15 minutes going through the building and those guys are still knocked out.
Its just shitty writing, nothing is ever surprising, nothing is taken to the next level in terms of complications.
They under complicate shit instead of pilling up complications and having the characters get out of them in interesting and surprising ways.
There is no tension.
>>
Yeah some of the dialogue is pretty clunky and phrases are reused alot. These things are pretty noticeable when people binge 13 hours straight. You'd think they would actively avoid repetition and take advantage of the lack of time constraints to be more visual with the plot.

The two lines that triggered my autism is when Matt awkwardly calls Karen a goddess and that skinny blood kid says "I'm ready". Also the japanese was not so great.
>>
>>67285801
Yeah. I understand suspension of disbelief blah blah, but I don't understand this suicidal tendency amongst writers. The show has suffered for it, at least critically. I guess unfortunately, as with so many things, if they can make their buck it doesn't matter.
>>
>>67285680
These Netflix shows need to either be 8 episodes or start writing enough story for 13 episodes.

Too much fighting, too much filler.
>>
>>67285531
Not that it doesn't need good writing, but there's no reason to expect something amazing.
Its like horror movies, you have to rate them with lower standards because there are only a few GREAT movies of the genre and the rest are varying levels of eh. Capeshit is the same, and Daredevil is the (current) best of its kind
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.