[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Le big memer on capital hill What the fuck is the point
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
>Le big memer on capital hill

What the fuck is the point of this show?
>>
>>67267850
rid us of your shit tier taste and worthless life
>>
>>67268441
>>
>>67267850
to make kukoldry legit
>>
It started off as a cynical take on the democratic process by demonstrating how a driven, conniving, amoral sociopath is the most adept individual at navigating the way to the top of the pyramid, but the writers kind of blew it.
>>
Honestly, I wonder what the point of his thirst for power is. I've seen a quote about the show before- "Bad for the greater good."

But he doesn't really give a shit about the greater good- so what's the point? His revenge on Walker is pretty much done. If it's just an empty thirst for power, then it kind of makes the series feel a bit empty as a result.

Though it sure is fun watching him navigate through crises. Season 4 was pretty nice compared to Season 3.
>>
File: kevin-spacey-butt-01.jpg (345 KB, 893x1222) Image search: [Google]
kevin-spacey-butt-01.jpg
345 KB, 893x1222
So its pretty much agreed that 1 > 4 > 2 > 3, right?
>>
File: house-cards-season-4[1].jpg (14 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
house-cards-season-4[1].jpg
14 KB, 400x266
>Douglas, I needed this bull preped yesterday!
>>
>>67268775
hes gay?
>>
>Kevin Spacey doing tv

It was a mistake from the beginning
>>
File: HouseofCardsUK-poster.png (616 KB, 800x771) Image search: [Google]
HouseofCardsUK-poster.png
616 KB, 800x771
Just watch the original.
>>
>>67268775
1 >>> 4 = 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3

imo
>>
>>67268674
then you don't understand how the world and human motivation works. It's not about money, it's not about fame, it's all about power.
Power is the primal motivation of why we acomplished what we acomplished.
The whole point of the show (for better or worst) is showing what power means, what people do for power and how manipullate, destroy someone's life or even kill poeple, doesn't mean anything for the sole purpose of achieving power.
>>
>>67268775
First 2 episodes of S1 >> Rest of S1 >>>> S4 >>>>> S2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>S3
>>
>>67269151
thanks for the insight senpai
>>
>>67268892
There was an original!? FUCKING muricas rip off every British show!!
>>
>>67269434
>expecting me to learn the specifics of a political system that doesn't affect me to watch a show
lol
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.