[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some "classics" that aren't very good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: tenco.jpg (726 KB, 1597x2365) Image search: [Google]
tenco.jpg
726 KB, 1597x2365
What are some "classics" that aren't very good?
>>
A lot of films with Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn seem to get overrated just for their star

Unrelated to the above, but Some Like it Hot is fantastic for the first 20 minutes until Marilyn arrives, then its a really dull "man dressed as woman/double life" romantic comedy. It hasn't aged well at all. Tootsie is another boring as hell corssdressing comedy, maybe its just that aspect
>>
>>67265451
Oh fuck no. Some Like it Hot is the most consistently written comedies ever. The way it sets up and delivers its jokes is flawless.
>>
File: movie map.jpg (717 KB, 2000x1416) Image search: [Google]
movie map.jpg
717 KB, 2000x1416
>>67265019

you've seen 25 movies so you think you have a base of determining what is good or bad ?

watch more movies
>>
>>67266160
I don't know. It could just be my sense of humor, but One Two Three is another Wilder comedy I thought was hilarious for the first half then derivative and drawn out in the second.
>>
File: casablanca.jpg (985 KB, 936x1216) Image search: [Google]
casablanca.jpg
985 KB, 936x1216
>>
A few years ago I watched Soylent Green and was pretty unimpressed by something that is so frequently referenced.
>>
>>67266234
Gadzooks the autism!
>>
>>67266387
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>67266377
Here's your (You)
>>
>>67266387
Planet of the Apes as well. I think Charlton Heston is just really good at meme delivery
>>
>>67266387
I'm pretty sure its only known for the twist and how memorable the title is. Its probably one of the best film titles ever, rolls off the tongue and sticks with you immediately
>>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065207/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Where Eagles Dare looked like it'd be fucking awesome. It was for its time I guess, but it's overly long, while also being extremely predictable and convoluted at the same time.

Very disappointing.
>>
>>67266234
I like the layout of this, any version without the pleb flicks?
>>
>>67266581
How do you feel about Inglorious Basterds?
>>
Lawrence of Arabia is some boring shit
>>
>>67265019
anything with shirley maclane when she was young.
>>
>>67266725
Worst opinion in the thread desu senpai.
>>
>>67266756
Its a fact tho
>>
>>67266515
I like Charlton Heston's other movies, but I think the real issue is that the premise is outdated now that we have the population as decribed in the movie. Usually when movies become outdated by something I can at least imagine what people might have been thinking when the movie was made, but it was hard with Soylent Green.

>>67266548
That's probably true, but I figured that it was like Planet of the Apes which is a really good as a movie on top of having a memorable twist and pop culture influence. Soylent Green wasn't really bad, but it was just really meh to me. I should probably watch it again sometime though.
>>
>>67266730
The Apartment is good, but other than that, you're right
>>
>>67266784
Underage b&
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.