[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did he kidnap Michelle to replace his daughter? Was he going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28
File: 10-Cloverfield-Lane-JJ-Abrams.jpg (57 KB, 770x442) Image search: [Google]
10-Cloverfield-Lane-JJ-Abrams.jpg
57 KB, 770x442
Did he kidnap Michelle to replace his daughter? Was he going to rape her once he killed Emmet?

Would you go to Houston or Baton Rouge?
>>
Wait, did nobody see this movie?
>>
come on I just wanna talk about this movie with my friends, why isn't anyone replying?
>>
someone please discuss this movie with me
>>
If you want to discuss something then watch some actual cinema instead of flavor of the month reddit bait. If you were authentic /tv/ then you would NEVER watch anything that had the JJ Abrams influence anywhere near it.
>>
>>67248153

1. Yes

2. Neither. Would have chilled with Goodman
>>
>>67248892

Lost is one of /tv/s favorite tv shows so you can fuck right off. People just don't want to talk about this movie because there aren't any "hot" memes made about it yet. How are people's posts supposed to go viral if there aren't saying a hilarious meme? Maybe I would get some replies if I made a meme about the movie instead. Why did I expect actual discussion from this board.
>>
I would go to Houston
James Harden can score the fuck outta that ball
>>
I mean, that girl wasn't his daughter. That was established in the film. So your first question doesn't really make sense. Do you mean did he kidnap Britney to replace his daughter? Maybe.

Also you reply to blatant troll bait with posts like >>67248975 so this thread is going to be super shit.
>>
>>67248976
>Doorstop pee pee taco bell man doing anything but choking

I genuinely wonder if Goodman would've been violent at all if he wasn't intentionally antagonized at every point by those two retards.
>>
>>67248975
>Lost is one of /tv/s favorite tv shows so you can fuck right off.
That's like saying that /tv/ liked Breaking Bad. Get fucked. Degenerate crossposters came here to discuss lost. The hard art elite never gave a single shit about that piece of shit show.
>>
File: 1403737393534.jpg (16 KB, 195x200) Image search: [Google]
1403737393534.jpg
16 KB, 195x200
>>67248892
>People on /tv/ don't talk about JJ Abrams
>10CL was discussed ti death right before release
>>
>>67249029
Yes he would have. He was antagonized but it was not always intentional. Think about how the movie opens: he runs her off the road (accidentally or intentionally) then chains her up in his basement shelter. He was not and would not have been a reasonable guy.

He explicitly kidnapped and killed a schoolgirl prior to the events of the film.
>>
>>67249089
Yeah but maybe that schoolgirl was as antagonizing as MEW was.

Maybe John Goodman just wanted to eat spaghetti with his fake daughter forever.
>>
>>67249018

He kidnapped Britney to replace his daughter definitely. He kidnapped Michelle for the same reason. He saw her at the gas station in the very beginning and decided to run her off the road. That's why he gave her the same shirt that Britney was wearing. That's why he referred to her as "little princess" when they were playing the guessing game.
>>
>>67249056
Reminder that being on /tv/ does not make you /tv/. Now run off back to /v/ with your Abrams capeshit trash.
>>
The real question is did he build the bunker for doomsday, or did he build it as a prison for Britney? That would explain why it was decorated so nicely.
>>
>>67249166
Or maybe he raped and killed his actual daughter, raped and killed Britney and intended to rape and kill Michelle.
>>
>>67249232
He seemed to know more than he let on about the whole alien situation though.

I think they crammed too much into his character and it would've been better without the Cloverfield bullshit.
>>
I like how in the trivia scene Howard couldn't see Michelle as a woman. It's kind of clever.
>>
File: 1458346981075.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
1458346981075.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
>>67248361
>/tv/
>going outside
>>
>>67249204
Look what's going on, people are discussing his capeshit trash. Instead of trying to push your false view of the board onto the thread, why don't you scurry off back to /v/?
>>
>Redundant spectacle blockbuster final 10 minutes completely out of place with rest of the movie leaving a sour boring ending for anybody who anybody who was invested in the movie up until that point
>anybody who came to see the movie for spectacle monster shit would have been so bored by everything up until that point that they would already be completely checked out of the movie anyway.

I get that wide audiences wouldn't have given a shit about this movie if they didn't attach it to a franchise but I would have liked it so much more if she had just got out of the bunker at the end of the movie, drove away and then the film ended without the alien shit.
>>
>>67249270
I think the fact that it was actually aliens was just irony.
>>
>>67249056
The bootlegs not even out yet and they're talking about it when the majority of /tv/ hasn't even seen it
>>
>>67249452
Because I devote my entire life to the destruction of video games and "entertainment" culture at large. Now fuck off with your capeshit. This board is television and FILM.
>>
>>67249502
It wouldve been fine if they cut out MEW personally blowing up a spaceship and just jumped to her driving to houston with the sillhoute of the massive spaceship and the blinking lights in the sky.
>>
>>67249517
Well they keep bringing up his 'satellite' work and he has a crazy 'theory on asteroid space worms'
>>
His daughter existed. Remember how the guy told Michelle that the pic of the girl wasn't Megan? He knew what the real Megan looked like.

I don't think he wanted to have sex with the girls. He wanted to replace the daughter his wife took away.

And he was being a protective "father" by not wanting that guy touching Michelle.
>>
>>67249653
>He knew what the real Megan looked like.
No, he recognized the girl who had been kidnapeed.
>>
>>67249684
This. Jesus Christ, >>67249653 how did you not understand that?
>>
I saw this and The Witch in the same night. The Witch was way better.
>>
>>67249636
I never thought of the satellites but it think the idea of all of Howard's seemingly crackpot theories were to make seem more crazy and paronoid so the fact that he was entirely right about the aliens was ironic.
>>
File: Fucking crackas.png (172 KB, 500x388) Image search: [Google]
Fucking crackas.png
172 KB, 500x388
>When it dawns on you that the small bunker doesn't have enough supplies to last 2 years so he was planning on using and then killing her when he got bored all along
>>
Does anyone have the PDF of the script? It got deleted.
>>
>>67249872
he worked at Bold Futura and was a telemetry analyst that worked with satellites. According to the ARG the employee who was hired after Howard left backed up his claims that it was alien activity.
>>
>>67249502

The last little bit totally changed how I felt about the movie. I would have even been fine if the only alien interaction was with that little sentry that was searching for her and ended sort of how >>67249563 says
>>
>>67248361
>>67249447
>they actually watch movies
>>
>>67249502
>cloverfield
franchise
>>
>>67250260

9/10 if the ending is fixed, 8/10 as is
>>
>>67250129
Where did it say all that? I only remember him saying he worked with satellites. Not challenging you or anything by the way.
>>
>>67250428
funandprettythings.com/chat

kid of a long read but the jist is he worked with the company Bold Futura, a subsidiary of Tagruato from the first Cloverfield ARG. He discovered anomalies and alien signals that the government suppressed, so he started prepping for some kind of event.

This is a sat comm he intercepted of one of the "events" (turn your speaker down): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HOVHoxZE0I
>>
>>67250428
There is a very short shot of opened mail from Bold Futura when Michelle climbs into the air filtration area for the first time.
>>
>>67250260
I really don't get everyone's problem with the ending. It's not even that people don't like the alien thing. I agree it went on too long and the whole exploding ship wasn't needed but it didn't bug so much that I thought it made the movie worse.
>>
>>67250683

It just seemed unnecessary. I thought the Houston/Baton Rouge thing was really cool, and I'd never seen something like that done in a movie before. But blowing up the big alien didn't need to happen at all. It was unrealistic and reminded me I was watching a movie.
>>
Was the air ever poisonous to begin with?
>>
>>67250884

Only poisonous if you were trapped in one of the clouds the big aliens let off at the end
>>
We pretty much exhausted all conversation topics on 10CL last thread
>>
Will slapping the name Cloverfield onto it get more people than it will lose when people find out it has nothing to do with it through word of mouth and resent it for it?
>>
>>67248153

I just got back from watching it.
Loved it, 9/10!

Did anyone else find it weird how he couldn't say Woman ?
>>
>>67252070
he'd been so focused on replacing his daughter with Michelle that that was all he could think of
>>
>>67250857
What was never done before?
>>
>>67252047
What do you mean "that it will lose"? If it wasn't for the Cloverfield name it would probably be just another limited release low budget thriller that no one would have seen until it came to netflix.

I am surprised that anybody still cared about the Cloverfield brand name in the first place. Seemed like a total flavor of the month movie to me that no one cared about once the marketing had ended. I remember enjoying it but most regular people seemed to think it was shit from my recollection.
>>
>>67248153
>>67248361
I read the plot summary and I was glad that I did not watch the film. What happened was what I expected and I hate this kind of film.
>>
>>67251283
headcanon: it takes place before the seven hour war
>>
The better question is did anybody actually see anything at the end? The last 20 minutes might as well have been pitch fucking black.
>>
>>67252355
You're missing out. The movie is actually really good, Aside from the last 10 or so minutes.
>>
>>67252724
Did you watch the camrip? Because I saw it in theaters and everything was clear as day.
>>
>>67252812
>WORKS FOR ME

Literal slit your wrists shill.
>>
>>67248153
I don't know if rape was the plan but I'm sure it would have happened eventually. Also baton rogue for sure, I wouldn't be able to do a damn thing in Houston
>>
>>67252812
I literally just got home from seeing it. It was pitch black, you could barely see the Alien dog they dropped.
>>
>>67252842
Don't know what else to tell you, you dumb fuck.
My theater was fine. Maybe yours was shit, I don't know.
>>
>>67252878
It's not that dark. you projection was probably shit. it looks like a headless armadillo.
>>
>>67248153

The real question is: how did Emmet not know about the girl that John Goodman may/may not have killed?

He was working on the shelter for YEARS. He was also very familiar with the layout.

He would have known if there was a captured woman in there.
>>
>>67252947
>>67252923
Why are you so emotionally invested in handwaving any criticism for this shoehorned bait and switch jew turd of a movie? Oh that's right because viral.

VIRAL VOIRAZLVIRAL VIRAL CIRAL VIRAL VIRAL VIRLA RIUFCSLA VIRTLA VIURLA VIER;A MEMEME4ME,MDMEMEMEMEM KEKKEKUCKCUKCXUCK
>>
>>67252955
>tape up her mouth
>shove her in a different room
>cuff her to a radiator
problem solved.

but yeah Howard showing her a photo that's obviously false was a bad idea if he planned to live with both of them for years. At some point he would've found out.
>>
So what exactly did the ayys want?
>>
>>67253018
everything ok at home, anon?

also this is why no one can take you crazy right wing anti-semites seriously
>>
File: asdfghjk.jpg (31 KB, 993x134) Image search: [Google]
asdfghjk.jpg
31 KB, 993x134
>>67253018
ok
>>
>>67253090
If you don't hate jews, blacks, females and gays then you are an enemy of cinema, cuck.
>>
>>67253122
sure, Goebbels. sure.
>>
If he killed his original daughter, thus sparking off the quest to constantly replace her, then what was with all of the secret messages to try and convince his daughter to leave the mother and go to his bunker?

Don't say the ARG was irrelevant because someone found the missing jigsaw pieces from the film buried at coordinates found in one of the trailers.
>>
>>67253162
There was literally nothing wrong about exterminating the jews. Without them we wouldn't have self hating white cucks like you.
>>
>>67253191
He didn't kill his original daughter. His daughter was still with her mother.
People are quick to overlook that, like Cloverfield, the ARG for this movie is 100% canon.
>>
>>67249232
An anon pointed out in a thread yesterday that he was only acting like an /x/ poster as cover. If he starts building a cell for raping that would raise lots of questions as it would involve lots of people in the construction, but if he goes full /x/ talking about government mind control in dental fillings and space worms that he could just say it was a bunker for the 2012 end of the world and get away with people just thinking "oh that wacky Howard and his space aliens, what a character".
>>
>>67249270
He was a satellite operator for the navy, that's where his military knowledge and knowledge of the ayys came from as he was the one that spotted them.
>>
>>67253191
he didn't kill his original daughter. she was driven away by his craziness and never returned his calls. that's all we know.
>>
>>67253324
>like Cloverfield, the ARG for this movie is 100% canon.
>Kill all discussion and theorizing about movie with "but le autistic internet marketing tool says otherwise."
Bad robot is so anti-cinema
>>
Houston.
Baton Rouge is the AIDS capital of the United States.
>>
>>67253460
I agree, it sucks. But that's the way it is.
>>
>>67253460
you don't REALLY need to know the ARG to get the film. in the film it's ambiguous as to whether he killed (or even abused) his original daughter or not which makes it much more sinister imho.
>>
>>67249391
Why?
>>
File: Eddie Murphy.jpg (64 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
Eddie Murphy.jpg
64 KB, 700x525
Are there any other films like this?

Someone suggested Hidden and Divide so I will check them out.
>>
>>67253632
if you like batshit insane horrors: Possession
if you like slow, contemplative kino: Letters From A Dead Man
>>
>>67253632
>>67253837
oh and Take Shelter.
>>
Man this movie was so good except for the retardation of an aspiring fashion designer blowing up an alien spaceship with just the contents of her car's glove compartment.

After the shot where she stands on the car and spots the alien ship, it should have turned and come towards her spraying out the green gas, and the film should have ended right then.
>>
>>67253632
Faults
>>
>>67253927
>>67253873
>>67253837
>>67253632
>>67253326
>>67253324
>>67252923
>>67252367
>>67251283
>>67249517
>>67249502
>>67249056
>>67248361
>>67248153
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ey-oqKUW2Q

I would watch a different movie
>>
File: 1458452601011.png (260 KB, 500x491) Image search: [Google]
1458452601011.png
260 KB, 500x491
>You will never hang out in the comfy shelter
>You will never try Howard's spaghetti or vodka
>You will never play monopoly with Emmet and have stupid conversations with him
Those 20 minutes of bliss before MEW decides to make more trouble were the highlight by far
>>
This was like Mad Max where there's the male "villian" who does nothing wrong that you're supposed to dislike for no real reason and the strong independent womyn that the film makers want you to be rooting for is a completely obnoxious cunt.
>>
So does this actually have anything to do with Cloverfield? The ARG implies it does but the events of the two pieces do not.

Has the director clarified?
>>
>>67254212
alternate timeline
>>
So how was Goodman supposed to get to the air purifier? He first tries to get access from that blocked vent panel, which MEW eventually passes before the part she spins around and climbs up.

There is no way in high hell Goodman would have been able to fit through that.

The only other access is through the second hatch. Did Goodman have a suit to leave and enter again through the second hatch?
>>
>>67254402
In the original script he has a hazmat suit.
>>
>alien farts on you and then you die

I'm glad I fell asleep during this "movie".
>>
>>67250884
Yes, remember the melted face woman begging to get in?
>>
If they are going for a Twilight Zone anthology angle, are there any other plans in the works?
>>
>>67254440
Its probably behind that big door he keeps his clothes in front of
>>
This film had a gorgeous soundtrack, the music really was great.
>>
>>67252866
Yeah that raises the question of just what in the fuck she was even planning on doing. The radio presenter put out a call for anyone with medical or combat training to help them. She has no combat training and the stitches scene shows that she has no medical training either.
>>
File: 1424375713038s.jpg (8 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
1424375713038s.jpg
8 KB, 205x246
>Love Kaiju, first Cloverfield was pretty good
>See there's a new cloverfield movie
>talking talking talking talking
>entire movie looks like it was shot for 20 dollars in one fucking room.
There were literally tears of anger streaming down my face. Couldn't take any more after an hour.
>>
>>67249039
"the hard art elite"? sounds like the gayest shit ever.

then again, /tv/ is gay shit anyways
>>
>Howard kills Emmit
>Shows up next scene with his face freshly shaven

It was that little touch that made it pretty damn good.
>>
>>67252955
Nah, the real question is if he tried this charade before with the girl he killed, he obviously lived down there and couldn't leave, so why didn't anyone wonder where he vanished off to for weeks/months.
>>
>>67254650
/tv/ is the last line of defense for the white male intellectual.
>>
>>67253090
Marketer confirmed. Nobody on 4chan speaks like this.
>>
>>67254402
someone asked this last thread. the original kidnap/murder takes place before the event after which he gets MEW and Emmett, so he could freely roam around outside at that time.
>>
File: 10-cloverfield-lane.png (776 KB, 1199x600) Image search: [Google]
10-cloverfield-lane.png
776 KB, 1199x600
I just saw it too OP. I'm glad it kept things a mystery.

Also lmao at tv having fucking ariana grande as a waifu but not picrelated
>>
>>67254724
>wahhhhhhh wahhhhhhh stop talking about movies I don't like wahhhhhhh
grow up, right wing babby.
>>
I'd go to Baton Rouge since that's my home.

There is a huge plot hole in this movie, though. There's no way he could stop that basement from flooding in Southern Louisiana. The water table is too high and he'd need a huge sump pump that would take a lot of energy
>>
>>67254669
>is this how you show your thanks?
>no THIS IS
>>
>>67254763
>>67254763
Being left wing is the ultimate sign of ignorance and immaturity.
>>
>>67254791
then how come the Nazis failed? the whole world is against your fascist crusade. Maybe it's time for you to leave your mom's basement and interact with real people with real problems.
>>
>>67252743
>WATCH MOOBEE PLS
No thanks, shill.
>>
The thing I don't get is why she wanted to leave yet again after finally accepting that the world had gone to shit and saw the melt face woman.

It seemed so retarded when she knew it would kill her at that point and only seemed to serve as a way to make her find the earring.
>>
>>67254669
There's some uncanny Valley bullshit or something else going on with fresh-faced Goodman.
He was legitimately more horrifying there then anything to do with those shitty aliens.
>>
>>67254402
what kind of sense does it make anyway if she has to crawl through the fucked up airduct to restart the airduct? where does the air that has to come from outside go when the purifier is messed up?
>>
>>67254928
She wasn't trying to leave, she just wanted to look outside.
>>
>>67254839
>then how come the Nazis failed?
Because leftist cucks like you were too brainwashed to see that they were right.
>le basement meme
]nice ,memme ;lmoao
>>
>>67254763
Your marketer tactics didn't work for the Star Wars marketers and they certainly won't work for you, faggot.
>>
>>67255012
>wahhhhhhhhhhhhh wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
fix'd
>>
>>67254969
But she started pushing the hatch and playing around with the padlock. She was trying to leave.
>>
>>67254839
>might makes right
>>
>>67249653
Also, he didn't recognize MEW as a woman. During that game, he could only think "girl", "child", and "a little princess". He wanted a daughter and a perfect little life underground with only her.
>>
Why was the girl barefoot the whole time? Didn't she have socks or shoes?
>>
Satellite fuel can't melt John Goodman
>>
>>67254454
She probably just got gassed.
>>
>>67254627
faggot :^)
>>
>falls on his face in acid
>only the side of his head gets burned
Sure, why not.
>>
To the anti-shills ITT: you're doing God's work, lads, and you're not alone.
This cashgrab has been shilled here non-fucking-stop for weeks, being constantly bumped with shills posing as curious anons asking the same fucking questions all day and praising this turd.
They're gonna' start pushing Ghostbusters soon, but it should be more of a laugh than anything, to see the mental gymnastics they use to try and get anons to watch it.

Can anyone make a shill image that we can post in threads?
Like the JIDF one with the Jew flag in the background and it says 'IGNORE JIDF POSTS' it'd be really useful.
Also, obligatory
SHILLTHREAD
H
I
L
L
>>
>>67255411
>nazi poster has obsessive delusional paranoia
boy I didn't see that one coming...
>>
>>67255397
lol that was my first reaction too. "Oh shit he's going to have some fucked up fa- awwww what a ripoff."

still a solid 7/10 flick
>>
>>67248153
Just saw it.
It was rad.
>>
>>67255411
The easiest way to detect a shill is the way they get triggered.

Take the Star Wars shills, the second you made fun of Boyega they got triggered and called you a Nazi that should go back to pol, who the fuck does that on 4 chan of all places?

They also only appeard before release and then nobody got triggered after VII actually finished its run. Clear as day shills.

Ghostbusters has been making fun of WHO YA SUMMA FINNA for months and if we get closer to release and suddenly people act like that's not allowed then you have found yourself a shill.

Take this thread, I don't know what in the fuck happened but some faggot started getting trigger by Hitler or something stupid, which is a clear shill.
>>
>>67255627
It depends how fast the acid acts. It could burn through flesh but that doesn't mean it would be instant.
>>
thank god this shit thread got derailed

i love you /tv/
>>
>>67255894
No seriously. I got in blindy following my friends, I just saw the ads and the synopsis, and it was a very good surprise. The movie is very stressful/anxiogen and surprising.
>>
>>67255603
Just because I've seen the pic doesn't make me a Nazi, you fucking idiot.
Also, paid shills are a thing and if you're claiming otherwise you're quite obviously a shill yourself.
>>
>>67255967
NO ONE SEE THIS SHAM OF A "FILM"

PAID REVIEWS

VIRAL SHILLS SPREADING POSITIVE WORD OF MOUTH ON THE INTERNET

LOW BUDGET CASH GRAB CON.
>>
I wonder what happened to melted face womans corpse. If she died there by the entrance to the bunker, where was her body when MEW finally left?

Does this add another aspect to the ayys and they collect the bodies for some reason/
>>
>>67256010
This is like my first time posting/lurking on this board.
I don't know about your memes. Is this one ?
>>
>>67255894
>>67255952
Hyperbole to discredit those calling you out is another text book shill tactic.
>>
>>67256025
That the corpse in the farm, at the end, where she loot the key for the car.
>>
File: doggy.jpg (103 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
doggy.jpg
103 KB, 960x1280
>>67256105
Usually I just go on /an/

Pic related, that's my doggy.
>>
>>67256074
Oh ok neat, for some reason I kept thinking it was John Goodman's
>>
File: 1441318657211.png (16 KB, 809x808) Image search: [Google]
1441318657211.png
16 KB, 809x808
>you will never wait out the apocalypse in a cozy bunker with John Goodman.

JDIMSA
>>
>>67255128
Because it's -hot-
>>
>>67256289
She has cute feet.
>>
File: goodloop.webm (341 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
goodloop.webm
341 KB, 1280x720
The alcohol she brought with her: Glenlivet
Inspection/Registration Sticker: July 2015
Clovers roar was not in it, whatsoever.
Howard never called Michelle, "Megan".
Also, I can confirm there IS a person standing in the back when the neighbor is at the window. I've seen the body every time I've seen the film.
Slusho neon sign inside Kelvin gas station.

If there were any more questions, I'm sure I can answer them.
>>
>>67256025
>>67256074
>>67256209
I seriously don't even understand how some of you can even function.
>>
>>67257101
>lights on howard's truck turn on
>doesn't have the keys
Okay.
>>
File: good man.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
good man.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>67257101
Better than you, clearly.
>>
File: 1863029-geeman.jpg (362 KB, 865x1170) Image search: [Google]
1863029-geeman.jpg
362 KB, 865x1170
What went wrong?
>>
>>67257219
With some cars you don't need a key in the ignition to operate the electrics
>>
This is the third time I have seen the movie.
>>
>>67257771
I just realised how much bigger he was in the movie than he is in recent pictures
We're all of his scenes recorded before he lost weight, or did he put some on for the role?
>>
File: 201603100642.jpg (15 KB, 320x256) Image search: [Google]
201603100642.jpg
15 KB, 320x256
"Space space wanna go to space yes please space. Space space. Go to space."
>>
>>67259106
fat suit
>>
>>67253961
>Shilling this hard for your shitty channel
I've seen you post this in other threads too, you stupid fuck.
>>
I want to say he built the shelter to hold her hostage while the world went to shit but sometimes I don't know.

Why let Emmet stay? Why not kill him before she could see him? Makes no sense.

Also any good rips of the movie yet? I want to see it again but don't want to buy another ticket. I liked it a lot.
>>
>>67259437
Emmet fought his way in, plus Emmet helped building the bunker. So why not?
>>
>>67259437
He says something like "now it's the way it was meant to be" after he kills Emmett.

Not sure why he doesn't kill him sooner. Guess it has something to do with how he had to fight to get in.
>>
Did no one else see a human like figure standing a bit behind the woman that wanted into the bunker for a split second or was I imagining things? Certain I saw it.
>>
Howard did nothing wrong
>>
>>67259432
so what your saying is it's been a resounding success
>>
>>67260068
Sure... Anon keep dreaming...
>>
>>67258358
I haven't ever played the Half Life games but think I will now. I know it's supposed to be a piece of art with some sort of super deep plot and character development that everyone creams themselves over, but I simply never tried it.

I know that 2 is supposed to end on a cliffhanger and that the third game keeps on getting delayed to Duke Nukem forever degrees of silly.
>>
>>67260110
>Murder
>Kidnapping
>Harassment

Howard did nothing right.
>>
>>67260068
I just came back from watching the movie not even 30 minutes ago, I can confirm that when the lady was at the window yelling to let her in, in the background there was a person , you can tell because the person moves.
>>
>>67259708
He says he respects someone with fight in them when mew wakes up.
>>
>>67260323
>selflessly saved two strangers from death
>gave them food, clothing, and shelter
>>
>>67260284
>I know it's supposed to be a piece of art with some sort of super deep plot and character development that everyone creams themselves over

It's really not. It represents the pinnacle of game design for its time, and was a tremendous push towards games with more story centric, world building philosophies, but in the end it's just a video game.

I definitely recommend it, but the plot aint deep and the character development is shallow.
>>
>>67259437
The bunker would have been built over a long time many years before.

See:
>>67253326
>>
>>67260284
No sorry man. Half-Life 1 was great at the moment of release just like HL2.

If you want to play Half_life for the first time I recommend you to start with Black Mesa a HD mod of the original Half Life.
>>
>>67260284
It's episode two of the 2nd game
It goes Half Life 1, Half Life 2, Half Life 2: Episode 1 and Half Life 2: Episode 2
They apparently aimed to release a new episode like every 6 or 8 months or something
>>
>>67259106
Feels Goodman that he TSUJ his shit.
>>
>>67260068
Yes, there was a second person with her when she was trying to get in.

Both would have been dead by the time she gets out, possibly eaten by the alien worm dog.
>>
>>67260110
He is the latest addition to the did nothing wrong chart.
>>
>>67260549
>>67260068
Maybe it was Megan and Howard's ex-wife :'(
>>
>>67260376
"Lucky them"
>>
>>67254600
The way it's shown is so unsubtle that people actually miss that it's her confront things or run away when it gets hard moment. She had a whole emotional speech about it with Emmit earlier. And like it or not she did just take on Howard plus an Alien dog thingy plus and Alien flying ship monster thingy on her own.
>>
>>67260376
This, point out something he allegedly did wrong and you can easily justify his actions like how old broken arm got shot after he admitted to secretly building a weapon to disarm Goodman and take his surrogate daughter for himself. Shooting that cunt after he said that was the only logical choice to end the threat. It's not like he could call the police.
>>
>>67260068
Did s/he have a crowbar? Otherwise I don’t give a shit!
>>
Why did nothingcome through on the radio?
>>
>>67260609
That would have been some delicious irony if that were the case. It would have strengthened his attachment to mew as a surrogate daughter too.
>>
>>67260751
S/he appeared to be wearing a red hazmat suit.
>>
>>67260785
He was on the wrong channel. 9 is used for emergencies, he was on 19.
>>
>>67250129
>Bold Futura
>company named after a font you find in screenwriting software
wow how clever
>>
>>67254600
Pumped full of adrenaline
She will drive for 20 minutes and then go to Baton Rouge
>>
>>67260691
I know that's what it came down to as a narative reason, but as a purely logical decision, she would probably just get in the way and take up resources that could be better used by someone who actually has the qualities the resistance needed.
>>
>>67260866
I thought it was on 16?
>>
Bradley Cooper voiced the protagonists former boyfriend on the phone. Quite interesting.
>>
>>67260785
Easily explained. Either it was due to them being in a bunker and all of the concrete and soil was blobking the signal, case in point MEWs mobile having no signal. That or Goodman purposely disconnected the radio from the antenna to demonstrate that the radio was on but no signal was coming through therefore everyone else really is dead so stay with me.
>>
>>67248153
Yes. Yes. Baton Rogue; not a pussy but my construction background would be better served there.
>>
>>67259672
Well we see how Howard is, I just don't understand how he let him live. He should have killed him and dumped him in acidway before Michelle found out about him.

>>67259708
Exactly, makes no sense. Howard could have had his way with her way earlier if it wasn't for him being around.

>>67260428
I worded it pretty badly. What I meant to say was that the reason he brought her to the bunker was to have her as his slave or some shit from the beginning but then I don't know if he did have good intentions for her after all since he let Emmet live for so long.
>>
Anyone surprised how someone can slip on the ground, fall into fucking sattelite fuel, go through a fire set by the previously mentioned sattelite fuel have a 200lb rack of food thrown on them and then get up and start stabbing an air duct?
>>
File: oh no.gif (296 KB, 201x228) Image search: [Google]
oh no.gif
296 KB, 201x228
>when goodman comes out clean shaven
way to uncomfortable
>>
>>67251283
I'm pretty sure The Cellar had aliens in it, but obviously not like 10CL had. It would have been an interesting twist for her to see them coming, say "oh fuck", and then the credits roll.
>>
>>67248153
1. Yes. I don't think so. He just wanted to keep her safe.

2. BR
>>
>>67253579
Not the same person, but to me it indicated perhaps that he doesn't see her sexually. He only sees her as a little girl, a daughter figure rather than a sexually mature adult.
>>
>>67253579
Shows his overwhelming fatherly instinct, which went into overdrive after his daughter moved away with the ex wife
>>
Did his ex-wife and daughter even exist?
>>
>>67261270
BITCH LET ME IN!!!! YOU YOU!!!!

Really why?
>>
>>67255228
I took it to mean that the creatures infect by touch. Cause she says "it only touched me a little" or something. But she could also have meant the gas when she said "it."
>>
>>67261328
I'm pretty sure she said, "it only hurts a little."
>>
>>67261107
Adrenaline.
>>
File: radioman-chat-6.jpg (134 KB, 1060x445) Image search: [Google]
radioman-chat-6.jpg
134 KB, 1060x445
>>67261270
This is a reply from Howard's ex-wife. So yes.
>>
>1 toilet for three people
>The 1 toilet is located in one the bedrooms

Let's hope nobody cooks chilli for dinner one day and they all wake up with a terrible need to use said single toilet.
>>
>>67248153
In the question of Houston vs Baton Rouge. The m as majority of Texas dirt/soil has this clay quality to it which makes it difficult to dig which is why most homes in Texas don't have basements so it would be expensive to build a bomb shelter at least more so than Baton Rouge.
>>
>>67261245
t-that wasn't his daughter
>>
>>67261055
Like I said in a previous post, Howard commented to mew that he respects someone who has fight in them. It is then explained that Emmet fought with Howard to get in the bunker to the degree that he lost an arm in the fight.

That is why he let him in the bunker.
>>
>>67261107
His body would have been riddled with adrenaline at that point. Every organ would be in "gonna die, crank everything up to 11" mode.

Plus it was John Goodman, lots of defensive layers for protection. He can not be killed by puny acid.
>>
>>67261108
I don't get the people saying him shaving was proof that he was a child fucker.

I took it to mean him washing his hands as it were and starting fresh.
>>
>>67248153
10 Cloverfield Lane? Did I miss the other 9?
>>
>>67261742
>starting fresh
>child fucker

Seems like the same to me.
>>
>>67261270
She existed in the ARG and she did poison the daughters mind into hating him. His character got JUST'd in divorce.
>>
>>67261433
Wow, what a cunt.
>>
what is the implication that Baton Rouge would have been any safer. If anything it's most reasonable to assume both cities probably are crawling with butthole monsters . I'd want to go wherever there's other humans probably with weapons naturally
>>
>>67261502
Also because it floods a lot here in Texas. I've never even seen or been in a basement from a house. I've only seen them in old buildings like police stations or something.

But I'm pretty sure they still could still make a nice bunker I doubt Baton Rouge would have many since they have worse flooding problems than us. Who knows though.
>>
File: 1437681138480.jpg (10 KB, 249x250) Image search: [Google]
1437681138480.jpg
10 KB, 249x250
>people still think that Megan was smiling in the photo

>tfw you find out that Megan was just a toy for Howard
>>
>>67255065
That's literally a cornerstone of right-wing thought. If you disagree, you aren't as right-wing as you believe to be.
>>
>>67261541
Megan, not Brittany
>>
>>67248153
I think he did kidnap her to have a weird, fucked up father/daughter pretend romance because that bunker was actually built to be a sex dungeon to trap people in.

In regards to Houston v. Baton Rouge, I actually would have killed Howard in a way that wouldn't have made the bunker a fucking bomb so I could live in it alone and wait for shit to blow over (since supplies would last 3 people 1-2 years by Howard's summary they should last one person 3-6 years) but I guess hindsight is 20/20. If I stayed in the bunker I'd also probably read all his survival shit and try to find blueprints so I'd know how to fix shit that breaks in the bunker.
>>
Saw it today, I liked it. It was a unique story. I would've liked to see a clearer picture of the alien thing though. The camera was too shaky and it moved to fast to really see it well.
>>
>tfw this movie makes you actually want to build a survival bunker

Seems comfy as fuck desu. I know it probably wouldn't even be needed but if shit did go down it would be nice to have and if nothing ever happens it would be a GOAT guest house.
>>
File: Houndeye.jpg (19 KB, 270x356) Image search: [Google]
Houndeye.jpg
19 KB, 270x356
>>67262333
Here you go :^)
>>
>>67248153
Did anyone see what that envelop says right after she gets inside the air shaft? Something about a better life
>>
File: Gunshipbelly.jpg (128 KB, 850x681) Image search: [Google]
Gunshipbelly.jpg
128 KB, 850x681
>>67262333
Headcanon wink* wink*
>>
>>67248153
So is this not a cloverfield sequel ?
>>
>>67248892
>if you want to discuss something on a public anonymous userbase television and film based internet imageboard then talk about something *I* like or BACK THE FUCK OFF?!?!
>>
>>67262537
You could say that his is a great Twilight Zone movie.
>>
>>67262537
Not really. There are nods and little bits here and there, but it's not a direct sequel. It almost certainly takes place in the same universe, but there are no direct connections, nor does it build upon a greater arc in any sense.

Honestly I think it's a great idea and the most interesting twist on the shared cinematic universe angle I've seen. I'd be pretty happy if Cloverfield came to define a set of tangentially-related movies that each has a unique genre bend and narrative gimmick.
>>
File: Good morning Homu.png (202 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Good morning Homu.png
202 KB, 600x600
>>67254669
yeah was really unsettling
>>
>>67262737

>It almost certainly takes place in the same universe

...but... does it? She has a modern iphone, people in the first cloverfield were using flip phones... so all this stuff takes place in a world where the cloverfield attack has happened? New York is destroyed?
>>
>>67262809
2 words

Resonance Cascade
>>
>>67262537
its similar in a sense that it follows a few people while an alien invasion is going on in the background. If you want you can just say the Alien from the original Cloverfield was just a bioweapon sent down to test our defenses before the main attack in this movie.
>>
>>67248153
I think its obvious Howard was going to have his way with michelle eventually. The only reason he didnt kill Emmett imediately is because michelle liked Emmett and it was acting as an incentive to keep her in Howards rape basement. Howard wanted Emmett out of the picture but needed a good reason to kill him, as soon as he thought he found pne he shot him. Howard was a psychopath. Michelle killing the alien ship with the molotov was just fucking stupid and unnecessary... it would have been a better ending if there were no aliens. The farm should have been part of some sick cult that kidnaps and rapes people.
>>
>>67262860
Fuck off.
>>
>>67262809
Well I guess "almost certainly" was premature. Slusho appears in both movies and the ARG I think has some other clues.

We're given such a limited glimpse into the world that it's possible NYC is destroyed. Cloverfield takes place in 2008 but 10CL takes place 8 years later. It could make sense.
>>
so what was this movie?

coverfield?

Aliens?

what made it special?

spoilers, idgaf, just a general basis of the story.
>>
>>67263060
I think that there's intelligent aliens who use lesser species to do their bidding, Clover and the beast in this movie are two examples. They sent Clover to test our military capabilities and once we were unable to abate his destruction easily they decided we were weak punks ripe for invasion.
>>
>>67262999
I liked the fact that the twist was that the crazy guy was right all along. Any other ending would've been generic.
>>
>>67263023
I saw somebody once point out that if both movies are in the same universe and they are set in different time periods (roughly equivalent to when they were released), then Michelle shouldn't have been so hesitant about the possibility of an alien invasion or any of Howard's other explanations when it's known a giant sea creature capable of flattening a major metropolitan area exists. Granted, one does not necessitate the other, but when you go your whole life believing neither exists, and then one is shown to exist, then it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to start believing in the other.
>>
>>67262334
Just don't fall for the meme of burying a shipping crate. They aren't designed to support weight on top of them, only the support struts are.
>>
>>67263081
It's a movie about a woman who gets in a car accident and wakes up in a /pol/ /k/ dude's bomb shelter also with the dude from fleet foxes and she's gotta get out but it's unclear wether something bad actually happened outside. Great performances make it very suspenseful.

at the end she gets out and there's a fifteen minute sequence where she gets attacked by aliums and she wins by throwing a molotov cocktail at the ship.
>>
>>67263145
Please stop describing the plot behind Half-Life 2...

Don't you want people to enjoy something "new"?
>>
I want to bury my face between mary elizabeth winstead's thighs
>>
>>67263081
The combine's invasion of earth
>>
>>67263214

that sounds interesting-ish.

Thankfully my memory is shit, so by the time a decent rip comes out, I'll forget that.
>>
>>67263081
Seven Hour War
>>
>>67263177
If I recall correctly the events of Cloverfield were covered-up by the government. Also, the movie was made and complete before becoming part of the Cloverfield family so this was't considered during writing for filming.
>>
>>67263214
He's more /x/ than anything else.
>>
>>67263177
Well the point of the found footage aspect of the first movie was that the government covered it up. What we were seeing was an example of some of the footage they had collected. Since most people in New York died and or was evacuated without knowing what was going on its plausible no one knew about the alien.
>>
>>67263329
>>67263314
I hope all the HL bullshit is just a smokescreen for a X-Files Movie Universe.
>>
>>67263404
Nah he probably just added it because he likes half-life, look at his credits.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.