[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I'd like to give the world a bottle of high-calorie,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
>I'd like to give the world a bottle of high-calorie, caffeinated, sugary, brown fizzy water
Thanks Mad Men!
>>
What's your point here? Trying to meme? Want a Mad Men discussion? Implying they're shilling Coke (actually you're kinda right, as I bought one for the first time in like a year following that episode, haven't had one since). GOAT finale.
>>
>>67242524
It was a good finale but it would have been perfect if Betty had died between the previous episode and the finale. The scene with her and Don was unnecessary and not at all what Mad Men was about. If Don had learned from Sally that Betty had died, and that her funeral had already happened, and that the rest of the family didn't want to bother him, it would have pushed Don over the edge. As it was, I didn't buy his breakdown as much as I would have if Betty had already been dead.
>>
>>67242524
oh, and all of the scenes involving Joan in the finale were shit. I think we can agree there.
>>
>>67242564
I have to disagree my man. Their farewell was one of many heart-breaking moments. She had to confront Don with the truth that the kids were better without him, which sent him into a tailspin. Plus it's better to leave the door open on Betty's death. Could be as soon as that final scene concludes or months later, that's where we leave her. Would have been way too neat and contrived to have her die just because it's the finale.
>>
YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND!
>>
>>67242618
The magic of Mad Men was that the penultimate episode and the finale would have been months apart, which would allow Betty to deteriorate and die. In the penultimate episode, it is implied that the cancer has progressed rapidly and her time is up. Hell, her last scene in that episode is her walking upstairs (to heaven). How was I not supposed to think she was a dead woman walking? It's my one major problem with the finale from a subjective point of view, I understand why people like the Don and Betty phonecall scene. I personally did not think it was needed.
>>
i remember some anon years ago predicting mad men ending with don making that ad. kinda cheap from wiener stealing from /tv/ tbhonesto
>>
>>67242477
I didn't like the finale at all, wasn't believable in the slightest. Don going to a retreat with a bunch of hippies is the finale? Really? The last 5 minutes were great but the entire episode as a whole was shit. I felt like they just wrapped up everyones stories in the last two episodes, it felt really rushed.

But then again its really hard to end great shows like Mad Men, and me like many others were just salty for the simple reason that it was ending.

10/10 would watch the series again.
>>
File: betty-draper-co-ca-co-la.jpg (102 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
betty-draper-co-ca-co-la.jpg
102 KB, 1200x675
>>67242764
It's been a long time coming
>>
>>67242779
Don finally embracing his Don identity after running from it for so long and creating one of the most famous, influential, and lasting ads of the 20th century was the finale.
>>
File: MadMenGinsberg.jpg (92 KB, 771x768) Image search: [Google]
MadMenGinsberg.jpg
92 KB, 771x768
what the fuck happened to this guy?
>>
>>67242477
>he doesnt like coke
when will this bad joke end?
>>
>>67242906
Did you miss an episode or?
>>
>>67242951
nah its just his character became so shit, i had real hopes for this guy
>>
File: Ginsberg.jpg (150 KB, 787x1024) Image search: [Google]
Ginsberg.jpg
150 KB, 787x1024
>>67242906

He went full Ginsberg.
>>
>>67242906
Dunno. I don't think about him at all.
>>
File: Ommmm.jpg (71 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
Ommmm.jpg
71 KB, 620x372
>>67243027
>>
>>67243027
>>67243144

Just so we're clear, the scene itself and the meme that it spawned are opposed. Don *did* think about Ginsberg, he was a hypocrite.
>>
>>67243309
Yeah, no.
>>
>>67243471

He's right you know. It's obvious when he leaves Ginsberg's ads in the taxi. You don't sabotage someone you don't think about.
>>
>>67243682
Exactly. Don knew he was getting a bit soft, or detached and coveted Ginsberg's youthful vigor and creativity.
>>
>>67243730

I think that's a fair interpretation. Although exactly what it was that Don feared in Ginsberg is to a certain degree ambiguous. I'd argue that on top of his recent poor performances, Don never had the self-esteem to to be around people of similar creativity. Ginsberg wasn't only Don's competition, he was one of the few people who might be able to expose his fraudulence. Not literally, of course, but in Don's own paranoid and ego-inflated world.
>>
>>67242477
It's the real thing!
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.