[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know I'm late to the party, but can anyone explain the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (130 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
130 KB, 1280x720
I know I'm late to the party, but can anyone explain the hype?
It's basically a pretty good action flick with imaginative design and above-average cinematography. It's still basically a 'splosionfest. Sure it's better than Marvel and virtually all the cape films of recent years, but I don't see how it's the masterpiece of the generation and all those superlatives.
>>
>>67235840

nice pasta, now run along back to your pestposting, cuntrag.
>>
>>67235861
It's not pasta you troglodyte
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 1000x668) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 1000x668
>>67235840
> nostalgia
> cool post-apocalypse world building
It was a straight ahead chase movie with cool elements, but it won't have the cult status of the others. The characters were somewhat interesting, but they can't fuck with Master Blaster or Lord Humungous
>>
ripoff of tank girl
>>
>>67235840
Its not that its an objectively great movie.
It was still one of the best movies of 2015
>>
>>67235972
Tank Girl ripped off Solarbabies
>>
It's the best action film in a decade with AMAZING cinematography and a story that is told through the visual medium. Plebs who want all story to be read to them in dialogue like a book generally don't understand it. It's pure kino.
>>
It was a pretty shit film imo, the plot and characters were just terrible, about half the cinema walked out with me when they turned back around to do an ebin car chase all the way back again
>>
>>67235840
Not even mediocre.
>>
>>67235840
Its basically the first Fast and Furious, with a lot cooler cars, a lot less cliche and better action.
This is one of those few movies were you actually want to be the bad guys. Being a warboy looks awesome. Also Tom Hardy worked the role great, he fits as modern Max. Imorten Joe was great. The fact that they all hyped themselves up by believing they'd go to Valhalla if they died was awesome. Little use of CGI, mostly practical effects. They didnt need any "oh lets stop here so our characters can explain the plot and fill inhole". They didnt need a new "origin" story of Max, no explaination to what he had done before thay, no explaination to why he still had his car, they didnt need to explain who all those voices in his heads was.
One of my favorite movies, cant wait for Wasteland.
>>
>>67235941
This
>>
>>67235840
Just remember some think part 2 is better. Fury Road is perfect.
>>
>>67236963
Part 2 is better, senpai.
>>
>>67236979
Dumb ghettoposter
>>
>>67235941
Implying that the other Mad Max films have aged well
>>
1>2>3>power gap>fury road.,
>>
>>67237107
2>4>1>power gap>3
Fuck 3, fuck the kids and fuck the soundtrack
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.