[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pictured: the absolute worst supporting character in any capeshit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
File: karen.jpg (105 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
karen.jpg
105 KB, 1280x720
pictured: the absolute worst supporting character in any capeshit to ever come out
>>
>>67229337
>>67229337
How I wish that were the case. Have you seen any of the DC shows?

There are female characters so deeply insufferable and deleterious to the main characters' interests that they might as well be villains
>>
...I actually like her character.
>>
Why is she blonde now?
>>
File: Felicity_Smoak.png (939 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Felicity_Smoak.png
939 KB, 1280x720
>>67229337
>>67229416
>>
>Wahhhh Wahhhh can you stop being Daredevil MATT?
>MATT WHAT IF YOU DIE!
>MATT STOP BEING DAREDEVIL!
>MATT! I MEAN IT!
>MATT YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE DAREDEVIL!
>FINE I'M NOT YOUR FRIEND ANYMORE.
>OKAY NOW I'M YOUR FRIEND AGAIN!

The antagonists are much better desu. I fucking hate how so many episodes center around this shit.
>>
>>67229337
She was fine. They gave her purpose, and she was very fleshed out.

Matt, however, was a fucking shit this season. He's lucky to even touch based Foggy's boots after his faggotry.
>>
>>67229416
Such as? None that I recall, except for that one girl on Arrow.
>>
>>67229467

Let's compare

Foggy
>Handles the trial of the century by himself even when left hanging, and even kept shit together when he had no idea what to do next
>Ran out to, not one, but TWO potential Punisher zones for Matt
>Went to a biker bar and almost died to get Matt information
>Didn't bitch out when Karen hooked up with Matt, and took it like a man
>Went up against the DA multiple times without Matt, and even managed to fuck her shit up
>Told the ADA to go fuck himself and potentially saved them from malpractice
>Was man enough to go in a room with the Punisher and stand his ground when told to leave (until Karen said she'd be fine)
>While vocally pissed, has helped Matt regardless of the shitstorms
>Finally calls out Matt for being a selfish dickhead

Matt
>Doesn't tell Foggy shit when he has absolutely no reason to lie or hide things
>Said shit compromises the entire Frank case
>Leaves Foggy hanging multiple times
>Lets his ego get in the way to the point where he flat out fucks up the case
>Knows Foggy likes Karen but still goes for Karen
>Keeps pissing off people, then acting surprised when there's consequences that effect his friends
>Goes into a pity party when Foggy finally tells him off
>Wanted to take the Frank case in the first place, yet he doesn't even show up and even screws it up

Matt was a cunt, and Foggy stepped up like a man.
>>
>>67229500

Matt is definitely the weakest part of the show. But it's still annoying nonetheless.
>>
>>67229467
Foggy is awful, i even hate looking at his character. let alone sitting through his shit acting and the awful lines they write for him.

the person who casted this guy should be shot in the street by jon bernthal
>>
>>67229500
So he behaved like Matt Murdock, then?
>>
>>67229512
They did a good job with Matt, but he's definitely a bigger dick than in the comics (at least Miller's run) this season. I loved Foggy this time around, because you really saw him step up when everything was against him.
>>
>>67229473
>waltzes into essentially being a lawyer
>goes toe-to-toe with the DA and Assistant DA
>is a close confident with a Sargent/Lead Detective on an ongoing case
>becomes a lead writer for a major newspaper and is granted her own office
>spends her free-time riding around new york with the punisher because.... reasons (and he just really really trusts her)
>>
>>67229544
At least in Miller's run he would only leave Foggy hanging when he had no possible way of keeping his DD stuff postponed.
>>
>>67229500
Foggy bear is a beta who fucks Ms. Piggy, all he does is nag Matt. He gave Foggy all of season 1 to get Karen, and has to talk Foggy into taking the Fisk and Frank cases that gives him the reputation of being a great lawyer.
>>
File: 1458163481219.jpg (46 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1458163481219.jpg
46 KB, 480x480
"Alright Daredevil I'll tell you where the [plot] is! But it's a fortress! You'll never break in!"

>Cut to two bad guys huddling by a single 5 watt bulb with their guns pointed up their own asses.
>>
>>67229656
The good things out of that stuff was entirely accidental to Matt's dumb ass and selfish decisions.
>>
>>67229462
Ding ding ding ding
>>
I agree. She is a dumb slut.

Foggy might be worse though. Heat an obnoxious beta cuck.
>>
>>67229695
Sounds like you just don't like Daredevil.
>>
File: 1371000137847.jpg (8 KB, 250x192) Image search: [Google]
1371000137847.jpg
8 KB, 250x192
>>67229337
Dear God, I agree. I can't watch it because of her.
>>
>>67229416

nice try marvelfag
>>
>>67229337
Dude I hate women lol

Like I really hate women lol
Like women on tv shows too I hate them lol because theyre women
Perfectly functional generic character but I hate more because vagina
>>
>>67229742
If only it was that convenient for you.
>>
File: 1439072115696.jpg (397 KB, 800x2251) Image search: [Google]
1439072115696.jpg
397 KB, 800x2251
>>67229742

calm down mam
>>
>>67229742
Get this hysterical woman out of here
>>
>>67229337
>tough hardworking smart female that has a rough past that she ran from

every time.
>>
>>67229719
He was a fag this season.
>>
This show has the fucking worst Ninjas.
>>
>>67229770
Why is Lord Farquaad watching a 90s Netflix movie?
>>
File: grrrr.jpg (9 KB, 236x196) Image search: [Google]
grrrr.jpg
9 KB, 236x196
>>67229770

Every time I see that comic I want to kill someone.
>>
>>67229695
Foggy wouldn't be shit without Matt's super hearing and all the information he picks up as Daredevil. Karen does a better job of digging out information than Foggy for Christ's sake
>>
can someone explain why MM/Daredevil is so adamant on stopping frank from killing, but then goes to pair up with stick/electra in a fight where they kill people?

when frank had the sniper rifle on the rooftop, MM didn't even seem to care
>>
>>67229770
I like that I can immediately recognize that this person is watching Ace Ventura.
>>
So in the comics, Karen is flakey and sluttish and then eventually becomes an actual whore and sells out her heart, body and soul

Foggy is an eternally optimistic heart-of-gold guy with a snippy front, who continually gets beaten down by life and yet despite all his hope and expectations being regularly crushed (usually as a result of his choice in best friend) never fully gives up

Matt is a walking, leaping, swinging bag of wired-tight guilt and repression in a constant battle between his selfish need to be a vigilante and his obligation to his father to be a normal good man with a normal good man life. This ultimately leads him to having a slow nervous breakdown that ruins his life and the lives of his best friends.
(about three times, because post-Miller that was the only story anyone could seemingly write for DD)

So I guess the show is on the right track basically. Maybe the casting was off.
>>
File: 1439351600186.jpg (856 KB, 800x2251) Image search: [Google]
1439351600186.jpg
856 KB, 800x2251
>>67229770
fixed
>>
>>67229890
Matt doesn't kill people, and he used to try and stop Stick, Elecktra, and Frank from killing until he realized that sometimes its acceptable to kill. There's was a scene wherr DD tells Frank they need to do it his way now and Frank tells him he can't because once you start you won't stop
>>
>>67229337

Capeshit, how so? I didn't see a single cape.
>>
She's not a fantastic character by any means but I don't really understand people's problem with her, she actually managed to get shit done this season and wasn't insufferable or annoying about it.
>>
>>67229462

FUCKING OLICITY!!
>>
>>67229467
Is that shopped?
Did someone make his face smaller than his head?
>>
>>67229337
>hating literal 10/10

DELETE THIS
>>
So what other plotlines were just dropped?

>yamamoto collecting and draining the blood of 4 kids to make a hospital scene and killing them in a shitty scene later
>10km hole in downtown NY used only as a cliffhanger to nothing and never mentioned again
>purpose of the coffin they kept showing every 3 episodes for 3 seconds
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.