[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was rogue nation the best action movie of 2015? >interesting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (396 KB, 1200x1873) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
396 KB, 1200x1873
Was rogue nation the best action movie of 2015?

>interesting locations and settings
>great stunts
>engaging, fluent editing
>perfect balance of dark and comedic elements
>classic orchestral score
>unpretentious but not dumb
>decent acting
>>
File: W.C..jpg (443 KB, 1185x1600) Image search: [Google]
W.C..jpg
443 KB, 1185x1600
I could watch Christopher McQuarrie filming Rosie O'Donnell taking a shit, and still be enthralled. He's just THAT good.
>>
it was pretty good, but let's face it, Fury Road is MOTY 2016
>>
>>67221057

fuck I'm retarded
>>
>>67220794
intro was really great. solid spy film after i thought the franchise was going to die after that last shit MI film
>>
I fapped to the topless scene
>>
>>67220964
Meme opinion
>>
literally no one watched this
>>
File: Berbera.jpg (48 KB, 500x572) Image search: [Google]
Berbera.jpg
48 KB, 500x572
>>67221180
Pleb who's never seen The Way of the Gun (and who was probably born after it was made), confirmed
>>
>>67220794
Mad Max Fury Road is GOAT action.
>>
>>67221057
I agree that fury road >>>> rogue nation
But fury road is so unconventional and unique that I wouldn't consider it an action movie in the common sense.

Both are great in their own right:
Rogue showed that a simple, straightforward action movie can still be fresh and entertaining in the 2010s.
Fury showed that it's possible to push filmmaking to its limits even when confined to a genre that is usually considered to be inferior.
>>
>>67221189
>700 million worldwide gross

You may not consider foreigners people, but accountans do.
>>
>>67223037
Die Hard did what Fury Road did before Fury Road was a thing.
I'm waiting for a non-Wright director to the same with modern comedies.
>>
>>67223772
God, commedies are such low-effort pieces of crap nowadays, the replaced actual jokes with flat sitcom gags and shokvalue moments.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a feature length movie with laugh track come out some time soon.
>>
>>67223772
>Die Hard did what Fury Road did before Fury Road was a thing.
Kind of confused why you're making this claim. What filmmaking techniques in Die Hard did you see in Fury Road?
>>
>>67224061
I meant the ''push filmmaking to its limits even when confined to a genre that is usually considered to be inferior.'' part. Not ''Let's build 120 cars and then let's destroy them all'' part
>>
>>67220794
MadMax was better imo. However I'm willing to say this was the best Mission Impossible since the First one. Not for the story but for the action scenes. The story is always the same ghost BS against some BS government agency anyway. But the action was cool, well made, even slightly suspenseful. Definitely a good action packed MI.
>>
>>67224380
That guy didn't make the post, I did. And I completely agree with you.

Die Hard also changed the action genre substantially and I hope Fury Road will have a similar impact. I'd love to see a return of more craft-oriented action movies.
>>
>>67224551
This.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.