[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
R-Rated MCU Movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
Now that the MCU has its Punisher, would a live action adaption of a Black Widow / Punisher crossover movie work?

Would Marvel have the balls to make an R-rated Avengers type movie? I thought the Anime worked nicely and could be adapted well into the current movie-verse, especially if Crossbones and Zemo kill Captain American in Civil War.

So far I think Bernthal has done a great job. Him and Scarlett Johanson would make a pretty hot action movie. He's a manlet, and she's a whore. Maybe throw in a nerdy and jealous Bruce Banner Hulking out to get Punisher to sweat a bit. Why not? Marvel needs to throw us a curve ball and spice some shit up.

If they market the movie correctly they could get away with having an R rating. They just can't go off showing the other Avengers in the previews. Aim it strictly at adults and have the rest of the Avengers show up in spurts or just during the final fight. Worked for Deadpool.
>>
>>67220737
It's Disney we're talking about here. They don't even own Miramax anymore, so that's completely out of the question.
>>
File: disgusted sigh.jpg (30 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
disgusted sigh.jpg
30 KB, 500x359
>>67220737
>disney
>movies that are not family friendly pg13

pick one.
>>
>>67220789
Not really. It'd be under Marvel studio which hasn't done a R rated film but have done PG-13 films and some with a lot of stuff not considered appropriate so them doing an R rated film is possible. Will they do it? Probably not
>>
Why does a movie have to be R to be good? These days you can show extreme violence in pg-13 movies, just as long as there's no nudity.

And believe it or not, being R doesn't make something good.
>>
Iger flat out said there will not be any.

http://www.ibtimes.com/marvel-movies-rated-r-will-not-be-mcu-disney-chairman-says-deadpool-success-wont-2329847
>>
>>67221095
Well, they did do Pirates of the Caribbean, and while it had some "questionable" stuff were still pretty much family friendly.
>>
>>67221035
Pulp Fiction is a Disney movie. Early MiraMax was a Disney studio. TouchStone has R-rated movie, too, in its catalogue.

I think you do not realize just how big the Mouse is.
>>
>>67221208
>Pulp Fiction is a Disney movie. Early MiraMax was a Disney studio.
That was already mentioned, they don't own Miramax anymore. They dropped out of the "adult" market a long time ago.
>>
>>67220737
Fuck Punisher, I wanna see Thor smashing heads open with his hammer
>>
>>67221107
I like all the Marvel movies, so it's not about making them good. If you see the shit Frank does in Daredevil you kind of have no choice but to make it rated R. Black Window is the only Avenger, being an ex-assassin or whatever, that would mesh well with him. People have been calling for a stand alone Black Widow movie for years, but she's actually a pretty good bridge between the Captain America type and the Punisher for the MCU to explore. We've seen her play with Cap & Tony, now they should unleash her. Fury could also be in the movie, so there's the benefit of R-rated Sam Jackson material. They could try and do PG-13, but the Punisher just sort of deserves an R-rating. If Captain America actually dies I think it be the perfect tone for the movies to go after. Just have it be a one off side plot that wraps up and doesn't tie too heavily into the next movies, that way all the kids who can't see the movie won't feel like they are missing out.
>>
>>67220789
They still own Touchstone, which does produce R Rated stuff
>>
>>67221497
But then if you have her mowing down people with a machinegun and being an edgy cunt, you're going to have trouble bringing her back to the happy-go-lucky avengers and acting like she's not a violent murderer. I don't think these two pocket universes need to intertwine at all.
>>
>>67221730
Isn't that her whole backstory though? If she can change and become an Avenger, then she should be the one to try to reel in the Punisher, just like they had her do with Hulk.

Punisher will of course never change, but Scarlett Johansson's sweet ass will at least get him to pretend long enough to care about maybe becoming a good guy long enough to complete the mission, but just like Frank going good, Black Widow will never give up that ass.

It worked in the Avenger's Confidential anime movie. You should check it out.
>>
>>67221965
>Isn't that her whole backstory though?
The devil is in the detail. As long as you keep it off screen, you can get away with it.
>>
The only one that would need it is Punisher. And he is in the Netflix shows now. So it is unnecessary.
>>
>>67223134
Pssh, fine be that way, but you have no imagination, and Bernthal is an incredible actor.
>>
>>67223349

the Marvel films have no substance. Netflix is the way to go. Let him have his own show. Films would be the death of the character with how packed they are.
>>
>>67220737

Why does she have three arms?
>>
>>67223445
Why do you think she's named after a spider?
>>
>it's another capeshit thread
>>
>>67223623
Bitch, deal with it

>>67223416
Winter Solider had substance. So did Incredible Hulk. Why can't we finally have a character who crosses over? It's going to happen in Infinity War anyway, so get use to it.
>>
>>67223939
>The Incredible Hulk
>Good
>>
Miramax? I thought they only did classy pictures like The Piano and The Crying Game.
>>
File: affleck-in-phantoms.gif (473 KB, 296x195) Image search: [Google]
affleck-in-phantoms.gif
473 KB, 296x195
>>67224896
Just a reminder that BvS is getting an R-Rated extended edition. Marvel should take advantage of the great Netflix characters, otherwise what is the point of having a shared universe?
>>
File: Blade_movie.jpg (22 KB, 260x350) Image search: [Google]
Blade_movie.jpg
22 KB, 260x350
>>67221095
>>
>>67225302
>otherwise what is the point of having a shared universe?
Getting people to pay for shit like Black Panthe, Thor, Ant-Man, etc. On their own this shit wouldn't make half the cash they make.
>>
>>67225409
I meant under Disney plus they were under a different company
>>
>>67221107
Literally this. Unless they feel like throwing some boobies in there, pg13 is perfectly fine for capeshit.
>>
>>67221107
>These days you can show extreme violence in pg-13 movies
Prove it. Show me extreme violence against humans/zombies in a pg13 movie.
>>
File: edgemaster.jpg (798 KB, 826x719) Image search: [Google]
edgemaster.jpg
798 KB, 826x719
Dont worry bro, we'll rip apart heroes soon

xoxo -bob
>>
I'd love to see an R-rated Captain America film set during WW2, basically Saving Private Ryan or Fury with Cap. It's something I've wanted for years.
>>
>>67226303

Literally ripped apart the god of war. Did anyone actually like Sentry when he stopped being a silver age parody that Reed Richards made up to get his son to go to sleep?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.