[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is Homeland like an anthology series now? None of the plo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: homeland-season-5.jpg (757 KB, 883x1200) Image search: [Google]
homeland-season-5.jpg
757 KB, 883x1200
So is Homeland like an anthology series now? None of the plots carry over.

>S4 in Pakistan
>S5 in Berlin
>S6 in New York City

http://screenrant.com/homeland-season-6-plot-casting-characters/
>>
>>67217270
You should have seen this coming in season 4 when they completely floundered after Brodie. Terrible show, season 5 was somehow the worst.
>>
>>67217321
I don't mind how it's become a "slightly more realistic 24 with a female lead" now.

1 > 5 > 4 > 2 > 3
>>
>>67217392
>5 is second best
Christ you have shit taste. JE SUIS GABECHOUD
>>
>>67217321
Atleast season 5 was the most topical the show had been since season 1 - 2. For a TV series that basically exists to be topical; that was a big deal.
>>
S1: Pretty good spy drama.
S2-3: Pretty shitty spy drama.
S4-5: Pretty good spy thriller.

I like it better now.
>>
>>67217422
>>67217321

you have complete fucking shit taste

this is whats going on in your mind

>THINGS CHANGED! WHERE IS BRODIE?!?! I HATE CHANGE SO IT MUST BE BAD

the show was shit in season 2
season 3 was fucking vomit inducing garbage with half the season about fucking dana

season 1 as the best but 2-3 were fucking garbage and brodie should have died at the end of season 1
>>
>>67217457
The writers on this show are amazingly good at staying on top of things. S4 was also pretty topical. I think they might be psychic.
>>
>>67217422
5 is the most critically acclaimed season since the first.
>>
File: dana.jpg (55 KB, 466x350) Image search: [Google]
dana.jpg
55 KB, 466x350
Was the showrunner trolling with this

>“You know, I don’t think about Dana, but I think about Morgan Saylor a lot. I wonder what she’s up to because she’s a great actress. I’m still interested in the Brody family, though. I know they caused grimaces across the Internet….. What if she became a CIA officer, right? That would be so interesting.”
>>
>>67217270

New York ?

God damnit, i was enjoying the european vibe, it was something new.
>>
>>67217624
Unless the showrunnners are seeing something I'm not quite seeing, the show should stay in Europe. Moving the plot away from the places where the spy shit is actually going down seems like major mistake unless New York houses terrorists cells in its sewers.
>>
>>67217564
when is that movie where she plays a slutty junky come out?
>>
>>67217270
Let's predict how season 6 plays out:

Episodes 1-3: A bunch of shitty new characters are introduced that nobody cares about. Some big fucking HAPPENING goes down that has Carrie and Saul scrambling for answers. Saul pursues numerous dead ends while Carrie uses her crazy woman's intuition to see something that dozens of analysts missed and puts them on the right track.

Episodes 4-6: The garbage characters are given way too much screentime in an attempt to develop them as likable but it ultimately backfires. The villain of the season is revealed somewhere in here. Carrie behaves like a slut in order to extract information somehow. Saul does bureaucratic bullshit that's supposed to be interesting but it's the same shit we've seen many times.

Episodes 7-9: A big plan is put into motion but it almost always is a failure due to a person with high authority making some nebulous miscalculation that only Carrie sees coming. Half of the new characters are killed at this point to the chagrin of no one. Carrie usually has some kind of personal conflict here that no one cares about and usually ends with THIS IS WHO I AM or some such. The villain starts to get a little cocky.

Episodes 10-12: All of the mediocre threads developed in the earlier episodes come to a head here. The villain or one of his subordinates makes a crucial error and it leads to some kind of standoff. Some other lesser characters are killed or even a main character if the writers are feeling ballsy enough. The villain either dies in an anticlimactic manner or makes a deal with Saul and the other feds in an even more anticlimactic manner. Carrie becomes disillusioned with this whole job until the next season premier.

Cancel this shit please.
>>
>>67217527
I didn't say 2 and 3 were any good einstein. 4 and 5 were just worse because they were boring and clearly the writers had no idea what to do.
>>
quinn was the best part of the show and theyve made him a vegetable
>>
>>67217788
You know the show well for hating it so much. See you when S6 airs.
>>
File: CO6xg5RW8AEKK0m.jpg large.jpg (82 KB, 577x1024) Image search: [Google]
CO6xg5RW8AEKK0m.jpg large.jpg
82 KB, 577x1024
is Chris Brody back on?
>>
>>67217889
Lol I fucking rekt your show and you know it. I will see you at the premier and I will be shitting on it with gusto.
>>
>>67217564
She has such nice hair. I hope we see her again.
>>
>>67217920
>being in the main credits for 3 seasons when all he did was say like 2 lines the entire time
>>
>>67218012
He had lines? I only remember his face.
>>
>>67218042
his lines were like "dad im so glad youre home" and shit like that, but he was credited as a main character
>>
>>67217920
wew he turned out so hot
>>
File: 2012-10-11-homelandvbrokedown.jpg (93 KB, 600x200) Image search: [Google]
2012-10-11-homelandvbrokedown.jpg
93 KB, 600x200
What happened?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.