[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is it that this flick produced ZERO memes of any note?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
How is it that this flick produced ZERO memes of any note?
>>
>>67216030
>Now that the dust has settled
>Tell that to kanjiclub
>Reylo
>Traitor
>>
Honestly I don't even remember what happened and it's only been like 3 months.
>>
>>67216089
>>Now that the dust has settled
Not from TFA
>>Tell that to kanjiclub
Incredibly weak, I see it posted maybe once every 3 days
>>Reylo
I don't even know what this is, that's how bad it is
>>Traitor
Facebook-tier
>>
>>67216089
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>67216030
Not released on home video yet.
>>
>>67216030
the prequels are good is the best meme to have come out for a long ass time
>>
>>67216030
memes require some kind of inspiration, even of the entirely misguided kind.
>>
>>67216089
Reylo isn't a meme, faggot.
>>
File: TR-8R.gif (2 MB, 500x205) Image search: [Google]
TR-8R.gif
2 MB, 500x205
>>67216030
This, and BB8 thumbs up, were the only good parts
>>
The mary sue thing was blown out of proportion.
>>
How did this forgettable shit earn so much revenue at the box office?
>>
Wait for the Mr Plinkett review and they will make more.
>>
>>67216089
kill yourself
>>
People tried so hard to create epic maymays that none of them stuck.
On the other hand, baneposting happened naturally and will never die.
>>
>>67216170
Don't know about that but Daisy gets a lot of hate here.

The Reyfags are just a minority.
>>
>>67216030
all the top memers are elite neets who wouldn't leave their homes and there was no leaked screener or anything so they're still waiting for the torrent.
>>
>>67216196
Stop retconning history you fucking cunt, I spent nights and nights forcing Bane on /tv/
>>
>>67216030
TRAITOR
>>
Because the movie does exactly what it set out to do.
It neither insults nor pleases, does that it does please would be pleased regardless just from the brand.
As such there is nothing there that is so bad it becomes fun, and nothing so good its worth remembering. Its just filler, like a piece of popcorn, you remember the bag but not the individual piece of popcorn you ate 3 months ago.
>>
>>67216179
I suspect the Plinkett review will be similar to the Avatar review, lacking major flaws but also without any major strengths.
>>
>>67216030

Because that's a story for another time.
>>
Because you low IQ tourists were too busy defending it
>>
File: image1.jpg (164 KB, 1044x823) Image search: [Google]
image1.jpg
164 KB, 1044x823
>>67216356
>It neither insults nor pleases, does that it does please would be pleased regardless just from the brand
>>
>>67216030

The answer is this:
>>67216356

But I'm a little less down on it than that poster; it's a pleasant watch with more heart than I was expecting that was done with a modicum more of love than the Star Trek reboot series, but ultimately didn't do anything noteworthy enough to be truly "good". There's nothing memetic about it, either good or bad.
>>
File: favoriteMelange.jpg (22 KB, 480x288) Image search: [Google]
favoriteMelange.jpg
22 KB, 480x288
>>67216030
>How is it that this flick produced ZERO memes of any note?
This film was awful and terribly contrived, there was not imagination in the story, it relied on the original plot and then sacrificed story continuity for multiculturalism.

This film survived scrutiny due to false flag racism fulfilled by the #BoycottStarWars tag which had all the leading people in the film responding through social media.

To have openly attacked Episode VII would have been an omission of being a racist who wants to kill all the jews, this is why the critics gave this film a positive review.
>>
>>67216130
>memes
>facebook-tier
I thought that was a given
>>
File: 1457847352189.jpg (203 KB, 971x657) Image search: [Google]
1457847352189.jpg
203 KB, 971x657
>>
we need it on video to get all those sweet reaction images
>>
Honestly, how many movies actually make memes?
>>
>>67216030
still no good leaks, so no image content to help with the meme production

it'll pick up next month when it releases
>>
>>67217170
that's a good point actually
i think we forget that most movies don't make lasting memes. anyone can shitpost a meme for a couple weeks but eventually, if it doesn't catch on, they'll stop. when i think about it the only two really prominent memes we have are sheeve posting and bane posting, everything else comes and goes
>>
>>67216089
Rey Mixer
>>
>judging a movie based on the number of memes it produces

This is why /tv/ is even more pleb than /r/movies.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.