[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was utter trash.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 11434453_ori.jpg (181 KB, 758x1200) Image search: [Google]
11434453_ori.jpg
181 KB, 758x1200
This was utter trash.
>>
>>67211733
it isn't very good.
>>
It was amazing. The coens can do no wrong
>>
>>67212662
Although not as amazing as some of their other films, it was amazingly well crafted and was comfy as fuck.
>>
Coen Brothers in general are trash.

Jew critics wank off to them because they're Jews.
They make nothing of substance.
>>
There is a truth beyond this world, a truth that anons could only see if OP had but...if OP had but...
>>
>>67212857
Faith!
>>
>>67212855
Coens are probably the most famous self-loathing Jews in Hollywood
>>
Actually, Hail Caesar is the Coens' most incisive, philosophical, and angriest movie ever. Definitely since A Serious Man. The movie essentially reveals that organized religion has been replaced by the entertainment industry as "opium for the masses". The scene where all the religious leaders are squabbling only to briefly put aside their differences when they hear dignified A-lister Brad Whitlock will star in the religious movie and in unison agree that it will be a great performance at least. The subplot with Scarlett Johannson putting her bastard child up for adoption and re-adoption; Mannix works his ass off to arrange this because the public would not be able to handle the truth, so he creates a fiction that they will swallow like one of the many narratives they churn out. There are many other scenes that allude to this, as well as the incredible political undertones: In the most action-packed scene of the movie, self-starter "Teddy Roosevelt capitalist" Mannix slaps the Christ out of the naive idiot Brad Whitlock, who spent one night with the scheming intellectual Communists, and suddenly thinks he's an expert on class struggle. The movie's performances were mostly perfect (though I question Frances McDormand's appearance as necessary). The two musical sequences were wonderful. The photography was brilliant in that we will never see shots like that again. It's a Coen Brothers movie that many won't appreciate and even fewer will understand.
>>
>>67212904
This is poorly written and I wish you would stop posting this in every Hail Caesar thread
>>
>>67212935
And I simplistic people would stop trashing Hail Caesar. I guess both of us will never get what we want.
>>
>>67212903
All Jews put on the self deprecation shtick. See Woody Allen, Jerry Seinfeld. They do it to make the goyim think they're humble. Don't believe a word of it.

If they truly hated being Jewish, they'd change their name to the Smith Brothers.
>>
File: Benicio del Toro.jpg (57 KB, 450x372) Image search: [Google]
Benicio del Toro.jpg
57 KB, 450x372
>>67212904
>Brad Whitlock
>>
>>67212994
>All Jews put on the self deprecation shtick.
I'm not talking about self-deprecation. Their films rarely have Jewish themes or characters, and the one film they made that was overtly Jewish shows Jews as disgusting, weak and stupid.

>If they truly hated being Jewish, they'd change their name to the Smith Brothers.
And if they had Anglicized their names, you'd complain about how their so sneaky trying to hide their Jewishness to better brainwash the goyim.
>>
>>67212994
>If they truly hated being Jewish, they'd change their name to the Smith Brothers.

I think you /pol/ite citizens hated when the Schlomos Rosenblacks of the world changed their names to John Smith or some shit, I think I saw a memecomic by that nazi cartoonist you like so much making fun of it.

How could the jews win with you guys besides the ovening?
>>
>>67211733
it was okay that's about it the guy who plays the dumb cowboy stole the movie
>>
I loved it and look forward to watching it a second time at home, with zero distractions. No joke, me and my friend went to see it and there was some cunt constantly talking, taking selfies (with the flash on), and fucking shuffling loose change during the whole fucking movie. This bitch deserves to die and I would have no objections to a Holocaust 2.0 where only the punks that ruin movies are exterminated.
>>
>>67213335
Not a /pol/ faggot, they would win me over if they didn't have an agenda and didn't exploit minorities to do their bidding.
>>
>>67213520
>they would win me over if they didn't have an agenda
What agenda are the Coen brothers promoting?
>didn't exploit minorities to do their bidding
When have the Coen brothers ever exploited minorities?
>>
>>67212855
>Jew critics wank off to them because they're Jews.
Fuck off, tons of non-Jews have praised them.
>>
>>67211733
Oh hey, I saw you in an old Coen brothers thread. The thread got archived before I could respond. I'm glad you made this thread, now I can call you a tasteless pleb.
>>
>>67213665
I wasn't talking about them. You said "the jews". I thought you meant jewish people in general.
>>
>>67212904
>never see shots like that again

what did you mean by this? what shots are you even referring to?
>>
>>67212904
Did you really get the impression that the Coens were that angry and against the old movie industry?
It was playful satire, very nostalgic about a way to make and intend movies that doesn't exist anymore.
Just compare the main characters of this and Serious Man and their struggles and you'll see the difference.
Also "slaps the Christ out of the naive idiot" how?
>>
>>67213911
not LITERALLY slapping the Christ. It's an expression. basically "slapped him really hard".
>>
It really was. Not funny or compelling in really any way. I say with no shame that I walked out once the man who took the briefcase was revealed. Only time I've done that

The worst part is the Coens' film are usually some of the only that I enjoy watching again and again. I general hate to rewatch movies but their rarely get old. This was just bad
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.