[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone recommend me a film like Surfs Up? It's one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: onesheet.jpg (121 KB, 387x580) Image search: [Google]
onesheet.jpg
121 KB, 387x580
Can anyone recommend me a film like Surfs Up?

It's one of my top 3 favourite movies, alongside The Nightmare Before Christmas and Uwe Bolls Rampage.

I love surfer culture, I love the music, I love the documentary/amaturish style, I love the stoner chicken, I love the tropical beaches, I love the humour, it's a fucking great movie and penguins are awesome.
>>
>>67206590
Happy feet gets "good"
if you like penguins and sub par humor its for you
also any seth rogan films if you like the chicken and the humor
>>
>>67206633
I did like happy feet, but honestly, the only real connection it had was the penguins, and some slight documentary themes.

I'll check out seth rogan though. I'm not much of a movie buff or anything, so I appreciate the suggestion.
>>
>thread about loving Surf's Up

>"alongside The Nightmare Before Christmas and Uwe Bolls Rampage."

>Uwe Bolls Rampage

>Surf's Up

Holy shit OP, you simply do not give a fuck. I like you.
>>
>>67206907
I seriously don't. You're right.

If you think that's fucked, get this. I've cried at two films in my entire life.

What were those two films, you ask?

The Never Ending Story, with the scene in the swamps of sadness...

...and Terminator 2.

I'm not fucking joking.

Granted, I was a kid at both times, but it's still fucking hilarious thinking about it.
>>
>>67206590
Hyped?
>>
I'm not trying to insult you, OP, but how long have you been on this board?

Again, serious question. I mean no harm.
>>
>>67206976
Fuck, I would be so happy if we got a Surfs Up 2, or at least some childrens TV series.

Even fucking Rampage got a sequel.

Then again, maybe it's a good thing it never got a sequel. At least it's unique and hasn't spawned a bunch of shit.
>>
>>67207045
This is pretty much my first time ever.

I don't watch movies much, but I sure did love surfs up.

Why do you ask?
>>
>>67206976
WAIT A FUCKING SECOND

YOU ARE NOT JOKING

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU SERIOUS

I JUST CHECKED WIKIPEDIA AND ITS ON THERE

ANNOUNCED MARCH 1ST!

FUCK OH MY GOD IM SO HAPPY

I THOUGHT YOU WERE JUST FUCKING AROUND
>>
>>67206958

I can vibe with you on T2. Was a kid when it came out, the ending was definitely a tearjerker for me. I think a lot of kids cried at that one.
>>
>>67206976

Holy fuck it's real

and it's a..wrestling movie?

distributed by WWE?

my sides
>>
>>67207246
Yeah, that thumbs up really got to me for some reason.

I guess it was just because I loved him so much in that movie. The selfless sacrifice hit me hard. The fact that we was almost happy to do it, and gave the aura of "it'll be alright" was probably the first I ever saw.

He was just too cool to live.
>>
>>67207308

>the thumbs up got me

right on the money

preach
>>
>>67206976
I really want to know the process of how this got made. I don't watch WWE and although I did see surfs up I didn't remember until this thread. So like are these two things really popular among some community? Are they both trying to expand their audience? Whats going on? Fans expalin
>>
>>67207432
I have no fucking idea.

But I'm still extremely happy either way.
>>
And they said that penguins were a fad.
>>
>>67206976
holy shit this is great.
>>
>>67206976
>>
>>67206590
Bless your heart
>>
>>67207432
WWE has been making cartoon movie crossovers for a little while now. I know they did one with scooby-doo and the flintstones.
>>
>>67208424
at least penguins are cute, I'd rather see penguins than fucking minions.
>>
Is Surf's Up kino?
>>
This is the nicest thread I've been in in a while.
Nice and comfy in here.

>>67211634
Yes
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 706x706) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 706x706
>you will never love a movie as much as OP loves surfs up
>>
this thread is wonderful
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.