[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The only good HBO show of the decade so far How the mighty have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8
The only good HBO show of the decade so far

How the mighty have fallen
>>
>>67205896
Boardwalk was pretty good.
>>
>>67205896

3/3 Lindelof, you can do it, I believe in you, god knows no one else does or should
>>
silicon valley, show me a hero, the jinx, boardwalk empire, and treme are all objectively better than leftovers.

GoT, Girls, the newsroom, are all better at doing what they set out to do than leftovers, even if what they set out do do is bait plebs.

Seriously the characterization of a drama about "muh characters" being outshown by a quirky comedy is pretty damn embarrassing. But mike judge with a lobotomy is a better writer and better judge of human behavior than lindelof could ever be.
>>
>>67206098
>GoT, Girls, the newsroom, are all better at doing what they set out to do than leftovers

Even you don't believe that
>>
I like The Leftovers but Boardwalk Empire is undeniably far better
>>
>>67205926
Im still fucking mad about it. I loved the show but because tits and dragons had more viewers HBO rushed season 5.
>>
>>67206098
Absolutely this. If anything brings down HBO as a whole, it's giving that hack Lindelof airtime. The fanbase he brings alone is pure shit. Just look at op's post.
>>
>>67206123
I do and I can even quantify it a bit.

The goal if the leftovers is to show a society in a state of existential crisis. The problem is lindeloff and Perrotta didn't know how to spark that without some massive mysterious event. So leftovers became more about the event than the characters, because even if they didn't keep farming the fallout of said event for free throwaway plot devices, they would never be able to completely get away from the event, as their imagined reactions to the event aren't based in any real understanding of human behavior or even the media.

Girls has a shitty/easy goal, but it hits it's mark better. GoT occasionally manages to go past it's goal. The Newsroom just wanted to get jeff bridges on camera giving sorkin diatribes/speeches about muh 'merica.

So, yea. The leftovers is a pretentious mess created by incompotent hacks that only impresses the young adults that are just a little too smart for the Divergent series.
>>
>>67205896
I'm gonna regret this by saying this here, on /tv/, the home of the contrarian, but

>what is true detective, season 1
>>
>>67207232
the worst show of the decade. just fucking reddit bullshit you fucking faggot. fuck you
>>
Forgetting someone? California's a big state.
>>
>>67205896
It's a terrible show
>>
>>67206098
>>67206148
BE is good in parts but overall a mess. Every technical aspect is amazing but the writing and characterization were all over the place and never seemed to be building to anything.
>>
File: index.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
>Hooomeward bound
>wish I was
>>
silicon valley
>>
>>67206098

>waiting for the name drop
>waiting
>waiting

And there it is. Funny how every time some retard is spewing shit opinions he can't help but show everyone he has some weird neckbeard agenda to shit on some writer.
>>
I watched s1 thinking it was going to be /tv/ being disgustingly contrarian for the sake of it, saying it's good to seem cool, but it was actually really enjoyable.

Thanks /tv/
>>
>Not liking Girls

Are your balls so gigantic that they obstruct your vision?
>>
TD season 1 is one of the greatest seasons of television ever.
>>
File: 4689j.jpg (37 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
4689j.jpg
37 KB, 400x386
>where is my mind starts playing
>>
>>67205896
im not watching this because its just a ripoff of those left behind books my grandma always gave me and even though I never read them and I'm not even christian (hail satan) she was a very nice lady and out of respect for her I can't watch the kikes in cable tv shamelessly ripoff good wholesome christian writing
>>
>>67205896
That show is fucking ass, I dropped it 7 episodes in. 7 worthless hours
>>
>>67207852
>Wayyy out in the water

I used to like that song but good god that show's driven it into the ground
>>
File: theleftovers.jpg (103 KB, 611x915) Image search: [Google]
theleftovers.jpg
103 KB, 611x915
>>67205896
>>
>>67205896
>the leftovers
>good
>>
It's a fantastic show and anyone who says otherwise is a massive pleb.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, season 1 is better than season 2.
>>
I was surprised at how well written this was
>>
it was decent filler. the idea that there was no explanation for what was happening felt like a cop out but i guess that kept it from becoming Lost v2.0. really, tho, that didn't even bother me so much as the fact that it ended after two seasons.

also: changing the intro to that shit-gargling country pop shit was a terrible idea. it made me feel like i was getting ready to watch Weeds or some garbage.
>>
>>67209700
There's still a third season coming out. Also, the season 2 intro was perfect for the show. I hope they keep it.
>>
>>67209700
It's getting a third season then it's going to end.

I hated the new intro too. Didn't fit the show at all and made it seem like a comedy. I guess they wanted to lighten the mood or something.
>>
>>67206098

100% correct
>>
>>67207852
>>67208411
Kek, I think I heard that piano version in a videogame commercial the other day.
>>
>>67207232
>>what is true detective, season 2

ftfy we don't want plebes here
>>
>>67207232
Only true contrarians would think True Detective S1 wasn't the best HBO show since Sopranos, Wire, and Deadwood.
>>
>>67209985
The second season makes me completely forget how good the first was.

And I wasn't even waiting for cthulhu to pop out of Glenn Fleshler's cock in the last episode.
>>
>>67207508
Yes lindelof, you aren't shit, people are just biased against you because of how you dropped every ball you've ever been near.
>>
>>67209985
Only half of it could be considered great
>>
>>67207508
>this autismus
>>
>>67207451
Boardwalk empire's problem is it never really set out to go anywhere. It's like it was trying to be The Wire of prohibition (the telegraph?) but it didn't have as firm a handle on the period as it needed in order to accomplish that, mostly due to there being no one living who was a part of that period.

So what the show was left with is an attempt to unromanticize an otherwise lost period without any sort of baseline, through a series of characters that, by definition, couldn't go anywhere. But it did do well to never be outright insulting or stupid.
>>
Friendly reminder you are posting in a thread full of plebs who don't comprehend the opening of season 2
>>
>>67209700
>changing the intro to that shit-gargling country pop shit was a terrible idea. it made me feel like i was getting ready to watch Weeds or some garbage

That and moving to a new town just screamed Weeds to me. Maybe next season we'll get a bluegrass version of Where is My Mind to open the show.
>>
>>67210586
>Boardwalk empire's problem is it never really set out to go anywhere

Well that's the trademark of Terrence Winter, the biggest hack of HBO
>>
File: 50cent.png (39 KB, 621x571) Image search: [Google]
50cent.png
39 KB, 621x571
>>67210720
... wow, look at that career.
>>
File: 1355610830959.jpg (83 KB, 1000x564) Image search: [Google]
1355610830959.jpg
83 KB, 1000x564
>>67210673
>don't comprehend the opening of season 2

Get a load of this guy! He thinks it means something!
>>
>>67210690
If they could get 16 horsepower back together for that, I'd take back everything bad I've ever said about damon lindelof.
>>
>>67207459
>tfw it was supposed to be like a prayer but that stupid cunt madonna said no
>>
>>67210879
that song is about a blowjob so there's literally no way this is true
>>
>>67206291
Underrated post.
>>
>>67210957
Lindelof.

There's an equal chance he doesn't know its about a blowjob or he wants to imply kevin is gay.
>>
Are the Guilty Remnant just supposed to be a bunch of edgy trolls? Fucking shits.
>>
>>67211110
Yes.

The basic idea is they are angry. Angry about denial!
>>
Boardwalk Empire is better than Mad Men.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.