[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is something like LoGH possible in modern television or is it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
Is something like LoGH possible in modern television or is it considered too politically incorrect and heavy-handed?
>>
File: 1439264075478.png (128 KB, 604x493) Image search: [Google]
1439264075478.png
128 KB, 604x493
>babby's first """""""deep""""""" anime
>>
>>67197298
post more deep cartoons then pls
>>
>>67197272
It was never on television. It came out on video.

I don't think any of the content is too controversial to be on TV today, no.

>>67197298
Nice redditfrog.
>>
MODS
>>
File: history 101.jpg (420 KB, 400x5000) Image search: [Google]
history 101.jpg
420 KB, 400x5000
>>67197272
Is this a rhetoric question?
>>
>>67197358
>This is the world we live in now

I love when sci-fi accurately predicts the future.
>>
>>67197358
>and conservatism took the place of progressiveness
>then shows footage of what happens in liberal dystopia
What?
>>
>>67197384
It's not a prediction though. After WW1 there were tons of drugs, prostitutes and brothels in Germany, and the Nazi moment began right in the worst areas.
>>
>>67197384
>this
>sci-fi
It's based on very outdated historical theories regarding the fall of Roman Empire.
>>
>>67197528
Reinhard is loosely based on Alexander The Great and Napoleon if anything.
>>
>>67197498
>After WW1 there were tons of drugs, prostitutes and brothels in Germany, and the Nazi moment began right in the worst areas
This is wrong, though. The Nazis were not popular until the 30s.
>>
Did you know that anime comes from Japan?
It's true.
>>
>>67197549
This part is not about Reinhard.
>>
>>67197409
It's like progression means to progress and not the things in your social media screenshots on /v/, huh.
>>
>>67197272
Too theatrical (which describes Japanese drama in general). They'd have to make it "grittier" and GoT-like for Americans to swallow it.
>>
>>67197498
>>67197528
History repeats itself and sci-fi serves as the warning for people who think that it won't.
>>
>>67197660
History never repeats itself. It's a myth.

By the way, people in late 19th century also thought they live in degenerate times. It's hardly a new concept.
>>
>>67197358
>literally freshman level writing that wants to be recognized as playing with complex themes but is incapable of introducing anything novel or interesting that actually makes such use of themes noteworthy in the first place

>only like 4-5 anime competently play this game so people with no familiarity with successful narrative discussion of such issues mistake just talking with the same beats as saying something worthwhile
>>
File: genocyber,_H0--01_thumb[4].jpg (81 KB, 613x393) Image search: [Google]
genocyber,_H0--01_thumb[4].jpg
81 KB, 613x393
>>67197272
>too politically incorrect
My least favourite meme. Nobody gives a fuck what blue-haired freaks PMS about on twitter. Also >>67197298 is on point too.

Go watch Genocyber. That is some shit that will never happen again.
>>
>>67197703
>History never repeats itself. It's a myth.

You've basically spouted the same shit without even a shadow of an argument.
Either you add more meat to your posts or you go back to plebbit. Carl.
>>
>>67197776
Because it's true. The world is constantly changing. Modern world is nothing like 19th century. Even if they will be a big war the reasons will be different than in the 1939.
>>
>>67197867
I don't think you even really understand what the phrase "history repeats itself" even means. You're BTFOing yourself.
>>
>>67197703
>people in late 19th century also thought they live in degenerate times.
And they did. Prostitution was legal in Russian Empire for example.
>>
>>67198055
So basically every time period was degenerate. prostitution was always a thing.
>>
>>67197703
Every single generation believes that the next generation, and society as a whole, is steadily declining in terms of morals. As in this cycle of conflict repeats itself ad infinitum.

Furthermore, there are always class struggles happening, there's always some kind of war going on for either land or resources, there are always groups of people oppressing other groups of people.

While history doesn't repeat itself in a super literal sense in that the Roman empire only happened once, and the Cambodian genocide only happened once, human psychology is fairly predictable on a certain level, and people do look to the past, either consciously or unconsciously to figure out how to move forward, meaning that echoes of the same events occur over and over again. I mean, it's pretty easy to see parallels between the Roman empire and, say, British imperialism up to WWII.
>>
File: LOGHfags will defend this.jpg (312 KB, 1264x951) Image search: [Google]
LOGHfags will defend this.jpg
312 KB, 1264x951
>over reliance on expository dialogues for both plot and themes (telling rather than showing, the worst sin in audiovisual storytelling)
>predictable plot conveniences and melodramatic bullshit (examples from the beginning: Jean Robert being sent on a fleet that you know is doomed to be destroyed, the fleet commander getting hurt right after the protagonist wishes he could take command in his place, etc.)
>lazy immersion-breaking details like sound in space
>2-dimensional battle tactics obviously inspired by naval warfare despite being set in space, how are you supposed to take the characters seriously as master tacticians when they don't understand their battlefield's rules?
>subjective but I found the animation to be really dated and ugly, and jarring when it shifts style from one ep to the next
I never watch anime because let's face it most of it is garbage, but was recommended to watch this because it was supposed to be good and different, not unlike epic literature or quality TV such as The Wire. Turns out it's still trash. Trash with interesting ambitions and potential, but doomed by incompetence typical of a worthless medium for emotionally stunted and intellectually challenged teenagers. Congratulations to all the tasteless masochists who have watched 110 episodes of this tripe while you could have instead gotten a girlfriend or watched something worthwhile like filmographies of respected arthouse filmmakers.
>>
>>67199283
>Congratulations to all the tasteless masochists who have watched 110 episodes of this tripe

I watched all the episodes because I hoped it would get better

It did not.
>>
File: 1396261752981.jpg (10 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
1396261752981.jpg
10 KB, 228x221
>>67197298
>chinese cartoons
>deep

you weebs are so funny
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.