[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7
File: Clockwork_orangeA.jpg (20 KB, 300x452) Image search: [Google]
Clockwork_orangeA.jpg
20 KB, 300x452
What are your thoughts on it?
>>
>>67184418
the best thing about the film is the production design

otherwise, good film but probably Kubrick's most overrated film
>>
an edgelord must-see
>>
>>67184418
It's the only Kubrick film (apart from 2001) that I like. It was just as self-indulgent as all the others, but at least the production design was amazing and Alex was a decent character.

I honestly don't understand the hype over Kubrick. The Shining was among the worst horror movies I've ever seen, and Full Metal Jacket was run-of-the-mill 'Nam shit. The others I couldn't even sit through. There are far more talented directors alive and working today.
>>
Can be enjoyed on a production design level.
>>
>>67184418
Overrated edgefest
>>
>>67184565
>There are far more talented directors alive and working today
Like? Humor me.
>>
>>67184565
>run-of-the-mill 'Nam shit
stick to capeshit kiddo
>>
>>67184418
GOAT-tier soundtrack, on top of the fantastic production design.
>>
>>67184418
edgy
>>
>>67184418
I like it a lot, nobody will say it's his best film though. I think it belongs somewhere near 4th if you wanted to rank it.
>>
My favourite Kubrick, along with Barry Lyndon. It's a pity that people only see it as an edgy gorefest and don't admire its artistic and aesthetic value.
>>
>>67184757
Ok, educate me.

What about FMJ makes it any better than literally any other popular war movie?
>>
>>67185245
Are you serious?
>>
>>67184519
>>67184814
>am I cool yet /tv/?

Fucking try hards.
>>
>>67185271
Absolutely. Go ahead or I'll just assume you can't do it.
>>
>>67184418
It's a great example of how you can be edgy in a good way
>>
>>67184565
spotted the redditor
>>
>>67185323
Well I'm not that first guy but it's really better than any other war movie because fuck you that's why
>>
The film was never properly finished.
It's bad enough that they left out key elements of the original novel, even changing around the fight scene between Alex's band of Droogs, and Billy Boy's, but to not include the final chapter was a very serious oversight in my opinion.
>>
>>67184418
over fucking rated

People watch it so they can go around and claim they watched it hoping that makes them sound cool
>>
>>67186367
You have down syndrome.
>>
>>67184418
Mediocre movie made excellent by Malcolm McDowell
>>
>>67185718
The first half of the movie is good. The second they leave basic and go to Nam the movie turned generic as shit.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs0Kq3M4idA
Does anyone else love this song
>>
File: angry-kid3-1024x682.jpg (79 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
angry-kid3-1024x682.jpg
79 KB, 1024x682
>>67186415
>>
>>67184418

pretty funny family
>>
>>67186489
Post your selfies on /soc/
>>
>>67186343

>m-muh source material
>>
>>67186433
It's the nam movie that made "nam shit" nam shit. Thats why its good. If you had critical thinking skills you'd understand that seeing it back when it came out was a lot different than looking back on it in 2016
>>
>>67184418
Really like it, however I can't stop imagining what the film would be like without the inner monologue, instead of Alex explaining things at full length you just watch the film by the visuals, and already is pretty interesting

>camera zooms out on the Korova Milk Bar to just show what it looks like
>drunkard gets beaten the shit out of for no real reason
>girl is nearly raped, the gang beats the fucking crap out of Johnny Boy
>>
I can't find the opening theme on Youtube, it's either some gay remix or the actual ''Funeral of Queen Mary'' piece, I have no fucking idea why
>>
>>67184565
>not liking barry lyndon and the killing

Shining is shit though I'll give you that.
>>
>>67186536
>It's the nam movie that made "nam shit" nam shit.
What the fuck am I reading. Apocalypse Now came ten years before and even Platoon is older than it.
>>
>>67186536
>If you were as DEEP and Thoughtful as I am when looking into the super deeper meanings within the film then you would enjoy it as much as me!!
>I guess you will never ever be as super DEEP as I am and see all the glorious hidden meanings within the hidden meanings so go back to your Jim Carey movies...

...and talking about a Kubric movie no less. This is the same argument people have been using to defend his shit since 2001.
>>
>>67185185
>>67185223
>nobody will say it's his best film though
>My favourite Kubrick
Literally the next post. Small kek
>>
>>67186778
>Literally rallying against a movie because you're too dumb to put the pieces together

Wew lid
>>
>>67186536
The movie that came out in 1987? Is the one that "made" Nam movies in your world?

The one that came late after Apocalypse Now, Missing in Action, Boys in Company C, Uncommon Valor, First Blood, Deer Hunter, and Coming Home? All of those don't count? What the fuck world are you living in?
>>
>>67186884
>Still after 6 decades does not yet realize the movies were intentionally left vague so that complete fucking morons would think they were smart and put "pieces" together

way to be a part of the idiot system
>>
>>67184418
pretentious nothing overrated thanks to shock value
>>
File: 1453254898240.png (138 KB, 375x288) Image search: [Google]
1453254898240.png
138 KB, 375x288
>>67184418
Pretentious self-gratifying bullshit:the movie #7 of too goddamn many to bother counting
>>
>>67186699
>excluding kubricks movie as a genre defining piece just because two other good movies came out earlier

>>67186778
Nice memeing there friend but yoy still have not provided an arument against what inwas saying. 2001 and FMJ are still genre defining movies faggot
>>
>>67186897
When did i say all those movies weren't good or didnt create nam cliches?

I was simply defending kubricks movie as being just as good.

Your reading comprehension is shit
>>
>>67186939
>Being so embarassingly devoid of any talent, imagination and passion that you literally cannot fathom that amount of effort being put into a two hour movie that took months to shoot
>The director didn't intend for this or that because I say what is what

I never say this but you need to grow up. Your contrarianism and cynicism is not only vacuuming any amount of enjoyability out of your life, it's also making you objectively and verifiably wrong.
>>
>>67187105
>>67186536
>It's the nam movie that made "nam shit" nam shit.

Yea...you can't really backpeddle when your post is still right fucking there dumbass. You called it the one that made Nam movies, it was possibly the last of the Nam movies by a decade.

Little too late to go back and say
>Nuh Uh....I REALLY meant this.......stupid..."
>>
>>67184418
only kubrick movie I hate
>>
File: 1446061553084.jpg (43 KB, 423x544) Image search: [Google]
1446061553084.jpg
43 KB, 423x544
>>67187158
Nope, it's just all bullshit from a master bullshit artist. You been fooled anon.
>>
>>67186939
>I have no fucking concept of depth and subtlety and I need to have a movie just flat out tell me what I feel and how things are happening
>I am incapable of understanding film in any way shape or form
>If I am too goddamn retarded to understand anything then I assume it was never meant to be understood
>Evolution is a lie too faggots

Fucking fuck you are the reason Adam Sandler still makes money.
>>
>>67187216
>Nope, it's just all bullshit from a master bullshit artist

You can't comprehend putting effort into anything so you outright deny it's existence. That's psychotic bro.
>>
>>67184418
>>67184418
>>67184418
just my humble opionion, no trolling:

i've read the book first and was blatantly disappointed by the movie.

what destroyed it for me was the whole style. the book is grimdark dystopian coming of age stuff and the movie was, ehm some call it "theatrical", i call it clownish... thats it....
>>
>>67187470
>Theatrical
>I call it clownish.

You know it can be both right?
>>
File: 1371868662917.jpg (5 KB, 263x192) Image search: [Google]
1371868662917.jpg
5 KB, 263x192
>>67187470
How was it clownish?
The entire story is through the lens of Alex, who is a young man with absolutely no remorse for any of his wrongdoings until he undergoes ludovico and even then its only because he's programmed to feel the pain.
He's the average citizen of the underworld the dystopia is fostering. A carefree ne'er-do-well that sees the world around him as nothing to get involved in and as such does as he pleases.
You as a member of the audience are supposed to be horrified or at least concerned with the happenings of the book/film and how Alex is detached from the supposed inhumanity of his actions and in turn the inhumanity of the actions taken upon him.
I think it was a great adaptation.
>>
>>67187682
also, the "clownishness" or "theatricality" serves as a counterpoint to drive the absurdity of the whole thing home, and I think it does this well, if you have the right eye for it.
>>
it really isn't that pretentious itself tbqh
I went expecting reddit but got /co/mblr wich is close to /tv/
>>
>>67187682
>How was it clownish

I think it was, and it's my favorite movie of all time. The way he is fluidly whimsical, pompous, singing and dancing while doing evil shit, it's all very over the top but believable that a young man would be this much of a violent playful ham. I mean Heath Ledger based the Joker very heavily on Alex, it's not too farfetched an idea.
>>
>>67187682
How was it clownish?

example:
cat lady robbery : what the fuck was it with all the penis shit and fast forward stuff...

the end is different from the book..... (will not spoil), but in the book alex somewhat grows up in the end and truly realizes that it's time to change....

again: i do not intend to provoke someone but the movie felt to me like it was done by the monty pythons when they had a bad day....
>>
>>67187682
Alex's flamboyance was the best part
The movie would be completely obscure if it weren't for McDowell
>>
File: pepe_loves_this.jpg (120 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
pepe_loves_this.jpg
120 KB, 500x500
>>67184418
>>
>>67185277
nice dubs friendo
:^)
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.