[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did this shit win 7 oscars with the following films also
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: ShakespeareinLoveLE1.jpg (184 KB, 800x1067) Image search: [Google]
ShakespeareinLoveLE1.jpg
184 KB, 800x1067
How did this shit win 7 oscars with the following films also nominated

The Thin Red Line
The Truman Show
Saving Private Ryan
American History X
>>
Because Shakespeare is in the title and people love to appear more well-read than they are, thinking well-read = intelligent
>>
>>67183447
Although it didn't deserve all those awards, I rather like the film.
>>
>>67183447
How did this shit win Best Republican when there were like 16 candidates?
>>
because we gave women the vote
>>
>>67183447
Films about how awesome and magical the process of acting/film-making/putting on a show tend to do well among voters in that industry.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJVK2BlT71o
op
>>
>>67183447
>too Malick
>too Comedian
>too Already Got Your Oscars
>too Nazi
>>
>>67183447
Because period clothing
>>
>>67183447
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_Weinstein
>>
>/tv/ plebs hate the Academy's bias toward period pieces
>/tv/ plebs hold the same fucking bias toward War/Sci-fi/Crime

Plebs gonna pleb. The Academy and /tv/ alike. Get shit on.
>>
This was the only one which had tits in it
>>
Look into 'anonymous'... Shakespeare is kind of a goofball actor in it
>>
File: Harvey.jpg (93 KB, 634x699) Image search: [Google]
Harvey.jpg
93 KB, 634x699
How indeed?
>>
>>67183447

The dialogues are all very good. They are witty and poetic, and the entire movie (inspired by Shakespeare’s own comedies) is a very high and classy form of comedy.

Think for a second in all the other romantic comedies you have seen in the last 10 years: is there anything that comes close in inventive and fertile dialogue to this movie?

Then there is good acting, great soundtrack, a very well made Elizabethan era scenario.

I do not see why this work should be deemed inferior to the other ones. It is not an epic or a big-theme movie, but is a very refined and intelligent comedy: peoples voices and speeches bubble like champagne.

Also: it is harder to make a really good comedy than to make epic and drama films (few people know this, but when you try your hand at writing in all the genres you find this out)
>>
>>67183447
It's a good movie but I think most people today agree that it shouldn't have won instead of Saving Private Ryan
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.