[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
4K Ultra HD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (277 KB, 740x926) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
277 KB, 740x926
Saw a thread on this yesterday. Looking for more advice.

I have a new 55" 4K LG in my bedroom and I sit about 4' from it when watching movies. Is it worth it to invest in a Samsung 4k Blu Ray player? I'm excited for The Revenant, but I wonder if they'll ever get around to some other favorites like Drive and Suspiria.

What's /tv/'s opinion on 4K?
>>
>>67178999
>What's /tv/'s opinion on 4K?
I wish every theater with 2k projectors was tossed into the firery pit of hell along with everyone responsible for the installation.

For home stuff? The screen aren't big enough to justify it. You need like 80 inches for a start.
>>
>>67179039

This. Beside, there are only a limited 4K BR. And you can forget TV. Unless you Japanese.
>>
>>67179039
Damn. I was going to check out Best Buy today and see if they had one plugged in for a discernible quality difference.
>>
File: screams externally.jpg (25 KB, 368x278) Image search: [Google]
screams externally.jpg
25 KB, 368x278
>>67178999
>that review on the box
>>
>>67178999
This movie was shit
>>
File: resolution_chart[1].jpg (111 KB, 907x619) Image search: [Google]
resolution_chart[1].jpg
111 KB, 907x619
>>
>>67179142

Yeah not very rewatchable.
Interstellar > Gravity > The Plebian
>>
There is zero native 4k content right now (outside of korea). Everything that claims to be 4k is upscales of 2k.

Congratulations on your purchase.
>>
>>67179232
Sports look better so I can't complain
>>
>>67179166
I cannot fucking wait for 135" TVs to be ~$500
>>
>>67178999
yeah it's worth it if you have the money and since you already bought the 4k TV you might as well get some content for it.
maybe you can hook up your pc/laptop to test it yourself?
download some samples and check if you see a difference.
>>
All 4k content is upscaled 2k like anon said but fuck my patents 65 inch looks like sex if sex were virtual

As for your bluray situation. I'd say wait for gen 2 4kbluray so they can work out the kinks
>>
>>67179232
>>67179496
not sure about the blue rays but daredevil s2 and all other new netflix releases come in native 4k.
>>
>>67178999
I won't bother with 4K until I have at least 10 movies released on 4K that I want to own
>>
>>67179496
There are hundreds if not thousands of 35mm film scans on hard drives in vaults that were scanned to 4k.
In some cases (like TGTBATU) they've gone a step farther and created digital masters at 4k using those scans.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.