[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
House of Cards season rankings: 1 > 2 > 3 > 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
House of Cards season rankings:

1 > 2 > 3 > 4
>>
>>67173865
they were all shit and i seriously no one supported this hack show that pales to the original uk series
>>
>>67173865
Watching Season 4 right now, but so fair it's 2 > 4 > 1 > 3 for me
>>
Kevin Spacey overacts, doesn't do the souther drawl very well, and his exaggerated head motions make him look like a bobblehead

It also takes me out of the show whenever he puts on that ingratiating fake act and characters who know what he's really like buys it.
>>
>>67174397
Maybe for Claire or people like Remy, but not everyone is clued in. We're watching behind the 4th wall and getting his internal monologue to boot. We know more than the characters, hell we know more than Frank.

Also, 1 > 2 > 4 > 3
>>
>>67174459
Catherine Durant has seen him pull this off before and he still believed he was sincere in the conversation about Claire running for VP

Same thing with Donald Blythe at Meechum's funeral when Underwood pulls that whole "I'm disappointed you're not running with me" scene. This is a guy that already accused him multiple times before (eg taking advantage of his wife's illness) and says he knows his tricks, and now he falls for the most obvious ploy again?
>>
>>67174459
Also the internal monologue is one thing. It blatantly breaks fourth wall so there is suspension of disbelief. You automatically assume what you're seeing is not what's happening.

But when Frank Underwood's obvious fake acting comes on and nobody notices that messes with my head, because you suspect that again what you're seeing is not what's happening and in-universe he actually comes off as more subtle.
>>
1 >> 2 >> 3 >> 4

House of Cards probably has the worst side characters and worst side plots of any major television show in the last twenty years. I hate the fucking gray, drab, washed-out aesthetic they overuse too. Its main character is a cuck that has gotten less charming and less interesting with every season and its other main character is some dumb Mary Sue Hillary Clinton stand-in that gets way too much time because the actress is an executive producer.

But what sets me off the most about this show is how it seems to take itself so seriously like it's the pinnacle of high drama on television but it's fucked up top to bottom.
>>
>>67173865

1 > 4 > 2 > 3

Season 4 started slow with the Claire-Frank relationship shit but went very strong towards the end.
>>
>>67174459
objectively true
>>
>>67174726
cuck detect
>>
>>67174529

>she still believed he was sincere in the conversation about Claire running for VP

Except she clearly didn't which is why she backstabbed him by calling Conway.
>>
When frank puts on his act he's like a cartoonish caricature of a slicktalking salesman straight out of Better Call Saul.

Except everybody else in the show is normal and pretends he's not doing anything out of the ordinary.
>>
>>67174789
That happened after the fact. The show has never once depicted someone as secretly seeing through Frank's act but playing along with it. And if they were doing that they would've made it obvious in the writing. I mean every single other scene is spoonfed to the audience.
>>
>>67173865
You just reminded me that Lubio dropped out after Super Tuesday II: Electric Boogaloo.

Thanks.
>>
>>67174836
That cuck writer character they brought on gets his dick sucked by the Underwoods because somehow he's the only one able to see them for what they really are like this is some great feat of wisdom or clarity when really any idiot can tell the Underwoods are lying because they're Democrats and their lips are moving
>>
>>67174836

Dude, Cathy flat out tells him "YOU HAD THE GALL TO LIE TO MY FACE", she saw through his bullshit, at least that one time.
>>
>>67174908
Yes she realized it off screen later. Or are you implying she had a time machine.

Look at the show's writing. If they wanted to do a "cathy tricks frank" scene, do you think they wouldn't show it explicitly with, say, a phone call from Durant to NY pretty boy governor and alluding to that conversation?
>>
>>67174459
That ranking is perfect

Season 3 was shit through and through, season 4 only began to flatter the second half
>>
>>67174993
Yea I'm kind of a biased fanboy because I love the series, but season 3 was a big let down. The only cool things were Stamper being alive and Tom Yates. The rest was mediocre.

Season 4 got good after episode 4, though. Joel Kinnaman is legit.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.