[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he actually an unsung genius?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: ApRuHKH.jpg (95 KB, 455x750) Image search: [Google]
ApRuHKH.jpg
95 KB, 455x750
Is he actually an unsung genius?
>>
>>67171698

Financially maybe.
>>
>>67171698
His best movie. Was deeds, gilmore, waterboy, and maybe click

Everything else is jew hoarding paychecks, can't say I blame him though
>>
>>67171698
Yes.
Also, I'm wearing that same shirt rn
>>
Didn't he get a job at netflix?
>>
>>67171740

Wedding Singer is a legit good movie, it's not trashy or over the top
>>
It's weird, because unliked comedy actors will do a parody of themselves (Sandler in Funny people, Jack Black in Tropic Thunder, Eddie Murphy in Bowfinger) but go back to their old ways.
>>
>>67171698
I like his comedy albums and his SNL work. His movies don't really age well with repeated viewings.
>>
>>67171698
no.
>>
no he isn't
>>
>>67171803
Me too
>>
im sure he often wonders why people keep giving him money.
>>
>Diamonds and Doggies
Sandler confirmed for Metal Gear Solid adaptation?
>>
>>67171698
Pixel was a great film for the sheer butthurt it caused in nostalgiafags alone.
>>
>>67171698
Nope.
>>
Armond says he is, and Armond is always right.
>>
I don't really get the hate Sandler gets.

His movies are meant to be played in the background while people drink beer and have fun.

Same with Transformers.
>>
File: sandler mad.jpg (81 KB, 634x540) Image search: [Google]
sandler mad.jpg
81 KB, 634x540
>>67171740
>No wedding singer
>no drunk punch love
>no anger management
>no longest yard
>no big daddy
i know he's a lazy bastard that does mostly shit but come on
>>
>>67171817
Kind of. He makes movies for them. Using his own fucking filmstudio and starring in the movies himself. He makes all the cashmonies.
>>
Sandler clearly wanted to make more drama oriented films but those never got the mainstream appeal. So he went back to his comedy schtick

What do you expect from him? He tries something new and they do poorly. Hollywood is a business.
>>
>>67171698
Yes, he was amazing in Punch Drunk Love, if he'd applied himself he could have been an acclaimed dramatic actor like Robin Williams only hopefully with less suicide
>>
Punch drunk love was... Weird for me. I didn't like it but damn was I into his character.
>>
>>67171698
I think his filmography is most comparable to Kubrick's, it's pretty clear that Pixels was an homage to Sandler's favortie Kubrick: 2001 Space Oddysey, it's also worth mentioning that Grown Ups 2 has an uncanny resemblance with both A Clockwork Orange and Barry Lyndon and has been called a modern masterpiece by many Kubrick enthusiats.
>>
File: Roger-Ebert_612x451[1].jpg (87 KB, 612x451) Image search: [Google]
Roger-Ebert_612x451[1].jpg
87 KB, 612x451
>>67175221
>When you ask a friend if Hellboy is any good, you're not asking if it's any good compared to Mystic River, you're asking if it's any good compared to The Punisher. And my answer would be, on a scale of one to four, if Superman is four, then Hellboy is three and The Punisher is two. In the same way, if American Beauty gets four stars, then The United States of Leland clocks in at about two
This is why Roger Ebert was by far the best film critic in history, he actually understood that the quality of a movie is essential a relative concept
>>
Financially, yes. Otherwise, no. The guy is much better than /tv/ gives him credit for but genius is too much. When he had more dramatic stuff he made good, solid movies that should have been more successful than they were but they ran into the problem of not appealing to a broad enough audience and people wanting just another Sandler comedy.

tl;dr better than he is given credit for but not a genius
>>
>>67171698
He's basically a wanna-be Woody Allen where the unfunny ugly Jew always scores with the hottest woman in the movie.

I don't get his appeal at all. Not one single movie of his made me laugh. He's boring as shit and outright juvenile.
>>
>>67175317
>>67175278
>Adam Sandler will never be Jim Carrey
Good. He's undertalented anyway.
>>
>>67171698
I swear to god there's so much pain in his eyes, it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up an heroing one day
>>
One of Sandler's fans gave him that shirt. He'd probably wear a shirt that you gave him tbqh. It seems like he just likes free shirts.
>>
Don't Mess With The Zohan is legitimately one of the funniest movies I've ever seen
>>
>>67175580

Zohan: Rise of the Phantom when?
>>
>>67175533
>Truman Show
>Man on the Moon
>Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
>I Love You Phillip Morris
Why do the Academy Awards fucking hate Jim Carrey so much?
>>
>>67175580
Zohan was the most pirated movie in the world for over a year, if everyone who downloaded it had actually seen it at the cinema or bought a copy on DVD it would have been almost the highest grossing comedy in history
>>
CAN WE ALL AGREE THAT GROWN UPS 2 IS THE BEST NEO-PSY THRILLER OF ALL TIMES??
>>
>>67175580
>Muslims commit terrorism everywhere
>Muslims literally kill huindreds or more daily
>Zohan makes escape to start over after fighting Muslim terrorists
>turns out Muslims are misunderstood good guys
>SUDDENLY OUT OF NOWHERE WHITES WHO LIKE MEL GIBSON ARE THE REAL VILLIANS
>whites taken out
>everyone happy and in peace
>written and directed by a Jew

It's pure manipulation and villification.
>>
>>67175380
>>67175729
Only good responses in the entire thread, sometimes I feel /tv/ is filled with fans of capeshit and michael bay
>>
>>67175734
Not saying I agree with it but the idea that powerful whites intentionally provoke violence in the Levant between Israelis and Palestinians is actually quite a commonly held view among Jews.

While white conspiracy theorists on /pol/ think that the world is secretly controlled by Israel and the Jews ironically enough in Israel there are actually lots of Jewish conspiracy theorists that think that Saudi Arabian, Norwegian and American oil billionaires secretly control the world
>>
>>67171698

He actually sucks, also jesus christ that god damn shirt...

>>67175453

Ebert is an idiot-
http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/blue-velvet-1986

Sometimes he gets it right but sometimes his reviews are so offensively terrible.
>>
>>67175580
The script was written in 1999 but was shelved because of 9/11 and the Iraq war, I wonder how it would have been received if it had been released before all that shit happened
>>
>>67176010
I am pretty sure it's men like George Soros and the Rothschilds who control the world.

Zuckerberg even recently ordered the Supreme court to legalize illegals because he wants cheap labor, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>67176270
Oligarchs like Soros, Zuckerburg and the Rothchilds are not really much different to historical kings and dynasties like the Medici or Bourbons, they're more secretive about their power and control however none of them truly rule the world for the same reason that no royal house like Windsor or Orleans has ever ruled the world, that reason is that all the modern dynasties like the Rothschilds and the Rockerfellers hate each other too much to work together except when it's allying to destroy another dynasty. Human nature prevents anyone from truly ruling the world
>>
>>67176270
>>67176832
I don't even know if I should send you guys to pol or x
anyway have fun >>>/x/ >>>/pol/
>>
>>67171740
I never expected Click to make me cry, but it did.
>>
>>67176894
If you cry because of Click then you have daddy issues, I know I do
>>
File: 1432326318127.jpg (10 KB, 250x232) Image search: [Google]
1432326318127.jpg
10 KB, 250x232
>>67175453
>got btfo and called out for being a hack by Armond White every time
>>
I think he apexed, realised he apexed and decided he was just going to fuck with movie critics for the rest of his life.
>>
>>67178972
HOLY SHIT ANON, STOP THE PRESSES

ADAM SANDLER IS JEWISH? HOW COULD I HAVE KNOWN?
>>
File: 1455101926972.jpg (2 MB, 1995x4839) Image search: [Google]
1455101926972.jpg
2 MB, 1995x4839
>>67171698
Yes he is. His films made it onto the patrician list.
>>
>>67171698
>gets paid a fortune to go on holiday with his friends
Yes, he is a genius.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.