[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oops! Fumbled the ending.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: sktitle.jpg (30 KB, 360x235) Image search: [Google]
sktitle.jpg
30 KB, 360x235
Oops! Fumbled the ending.
>>
It's ok the rest was great :3
>>
>>67168233
>literally the hand of god
>literally deus ex machina
but I did it on purpose, so it's OK, right?
>>
Remember that time he wrote himself into his own 5000 page story as God?
>>
>>67168974
I agree with that. I think he is a fantastic storyteller but sadly his endings are usually a fairly weak link within his narratives.
>>
>>67168233

Literally The Long Walk

>Protagonist notices this other kid looks kind of weird early on, doesn't say much
>Spends the whole book establishing that this other kid has crazy endurance, outlasts pretty much everyone else
>Even reveals that this kid is the son of the guy running everything and that he was placed in the race as a ringer to beat everyone else
>Wait, nevermind
>He has a heart attack 10 feet away from the end and the protagonist wins instead
>Or does he?
>Does The Long Walk ever really end?

Fuck off with that
>>
>>67168233
DUDE WRITING LMAO
>>
Oops! Affirmative action hire.
>>
File: Babby.jpg (43 KB, 600x394) Image search: [Google]
Babby.jpg
43 KB, 600x394
>>67169356
>He has a heart attack 10 feet away from the end

You missed the part where the Walk doesn't finish until there's one person remaining, you semi-literate fuckwad. Stebbins died of a fucking heart attack due to shock at seeing another competitor was still alive, having retreated into his semi-catatonia long ago.

Fuck me, why don't you just kill yourself? You're not much good for anything else.
>>
>>67170098
>Fuck me, why don't you just kill yourself? You're not much good for anything else.
Calm your tits.
>>
>>67170098

>Stebbins died of a fucking heart attack due to shock at seeing another competitor was still alive, having retreated into his semi-catatonia long ago.

Yeah, okay

Good excuse for King writing himself into a corner with a character he wrote to be unbeatable
>>
File: Already Gave Her The Dick.jpg (365 KB, 1038x539) Image search: [Google]
Already Gave Her The Dick.jpg
365 KB, 1038x539
>>67170133
Mate, are you taking the piss or are you serious with this? Do you even know what the word, "subtext" means? It was clear at several points during the story, during a number of conversations between the characters, that "every man has his breaking point." Remember Barkovich? The guy who was taunting everyone and snapped? Or the ones who continued walking even when they were physically-exhausted, simply because they were afraid to die?

Everyone breaks. EVERYONE. Even Stebbins did. He just happened to have the misfortune of Garraty waking him up out of curiosity, long after everyone else was dead. The shock literally killed him.
>>
>>67170133
The Long Walk went over your head. A Stephen King story went over your head. Not even his best. What is that even like?
>>
>>67170174

Whatever, I guess I was under the impression Stebbins was perfectly lucid up until his heart attack and suddenly died, which seems way more ridiculous than your explanation
>>
>>67170175

I sort of just read it and took it at face value

What did you interpret it as? Was there some big message I missed?

My only interpretation was that the race itself was meant to be an allegory for life in that while everybody dies in different ways (whether that involves them being responsible for it in the case of McVries who chose to accept his fate, or not in the case of Scramm who succumbs to disease), they all tend to go out the same way. I assumed the Major was supposed to either represent God or Death.
>>
File: 112263_franco_russ_martin.jpg (32 KB, 768x433) Image search: [Google]
112263_franco_russ_martin.jpg
32 KB, 768x433
Are you entertained?
>>
>>67170388
that's some nice bokeh
>>
>>67169231
>I think he is a fantastic storyteller
shh, do you hear it?
stanley's coffin is shaking
>>
>>67170388
yeah I hated the scene were the girl got cut up though. I've read the book and I knew it was coming.. but it's just so fucked up.
>>
>>67168233
Is Stephen King the giant cosmic turtle God ??
>>
In his 'On Writing' book he basically admits that he doesn't know what he's doing. He never thinks ahead and just writes page after page until shit feels ready to be over
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.