[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sean Penn as Andrew Jackson
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: download.jpg (100 KB, 680x478) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
100 KB, 680x478
>Sean Penn to play Andrew Jackson in adaptation of the Jon Meacham (MSNBC's Morning Joe) Pulitzer-Prize winning book American Lion

Will he do a good job, famiglia?
>>
>>67163358

is this the cheese guy
>>
>>67163378
>"is this the cheese guy"

What did he mean when he wrote this mysterious and cryptic reply?
>>
>>67163424
He's referring to the story of AJ getting a big block of cheese and letting random niggas in DC eat it
>>
He the fuck does this kike still have a career?
>>
File: 1425744420973[1].jpg (110 KB, 1023x800) Image search: [Google]
1425744420973[1].jpg
110 KB, 1023x800
>>67163424
>>67163454

Yup, it's AJ.
>>
It's gonna be a hack piece that makes based Jackson look like a monster that drinks the blood of innocent natives and was the original Hitler.
>>
>>67163358
That sounds terrible

>Sean Penn as Andrew Jackson
>I am a horrible racist. The end.
He does look a bit like him, but they should have got an actor, not an activist.
>>
>>67163541

whats a good book on AJ then?

>assuming you mean the american lion book makes him look bad
>>
and old, ragged racist playing an old, ragged racist

perfect
>>
>>67163610
I have no idea what the book is like but Hollywood would never make a Jackson project that shows him as anything but evil.
>>
>>67163827
Why are you so concerned about portraying him as something other than evil, considering the evil shit he did?
>>
>>67163863
Like what? Kicking losers off of our fairly won land?
>>
File: BigManPlans-cov-01_web02.jpg (151 KB, 585x900) Image search: [Google]
BigManPlans-cov-01_web02.jpg
151 KB, 585x900
>>67163827
the book is a good read actually and paints him in a decent light, like he adopted a native boy after he wasted their village. It talks alot about his youth and how he lost his brothers and mom to illness and being on british prison ships during the revolution, and how he got his scar for refusing to polish a British officers boots. and the god awful presidential race aganist john Q adams. I had a uni professor who loved Jackson so much he named his son after him, and hie daughter after Jackson niece i think who was like a daughter to him and his first lady replacement after his wife died upon learning the awful things that were going around in the papers during the presidential race. need to re read it been about 9 years since i read it.
>>
>>67163902
indian removal was actually John quincy adams idea, Jackson just improved upon it. also he killed British citizens in Spanish Florida without permission, also he invaded FL without permission and both of those incidents almost led to war i think.
>>
Is Trump the modern day Morning Joe? Yes.

(that wasn't a rhetorical question, the objectively correct answer is "Yes.")
>>
>>67163902

>fairly won land

That land was granted to the Cherokee through treaties and established as theirs. The Cherokee established a formal constitution and were engaged in agriculture and business which far more closely resembled American versions of progress and civilization than their contemporaries were willing to admit. Jackson denied to constitutionality of these treaties, believing because he chose to that sovereign nations couldn't exist within a state (a belief which is clearly mistaken given the continued existence of reservations) so he waited for any excuse to kick the Cherokee out west.

Even if you buy into the might-makes-right idea of the right of conquest (ironic because I doubt some /tv/ shitposter would know anything about might or conquest outside of getting laid by a character in a bioware game), you can't believe in "fairly scammed". If your brother sold something you valued you'd want it back.
>>
>>67164656
But the fact your're focusing on the Cherokee's in particular shows a fatal flaw in the reasoning that Jackson was just some unfair villain: it wasn't some vague notion of "native american victims" he steamrolled over, it was a legal treaty of nationhood. The Cherokee weren't merely a primitive tribe, they were a distinct nation aka a country, that the united states of America conquered.

Just like the country of Cherokees took over their land from other nations, the USA took over their land. He absolutely should have made the relocation process more humane, but at the end of the day it was the eternal history of one nation conquering another. Saying that logic is invalid because most of us played Bioware video games instead of joining the military is silly- Andrew Jackson was a veteran himself.)

The indians all took over each other's land, nations, and borders. All human history is a history of warfare and right on conquest- so whenever I hear American history framed in terms of "big bad evil yurops genociding peaceful indians" I have to laugh.
>>
>>67164787
Why does that make it ok because others had done it before? By that same logic you can't complain about Muslims taking over European countries.
>>
>>67164836
>By that same logic you can't complain about Muslims taking over European countries.

They haven't successfully conquered the states there. If they do it's fair game. If they're in the process of doing so the people who are being conquered have a right to rebel.

Government's authority doesn't come from some objective morality, but from its citizen's confidence. For example, the people seem to dislike Germany's pro-migrant stance and are democratically trying to defeat Merkel. "Power resides where men believe it resides."
>>
I think he'll do a great job. Sean Penn is a remarkable actor regardless of his politics, and playing AJ is right up his alley.
>>
File: 1438369857102.jpg (42 KB, 700x482) Image search: [Google]
1438369857102.jpg
42 KB, 700x482
>jews playing historical figures
How come no one gets butthurt like they do for Egyptian movies.
>>
Incredibly problematic
Why do we still have him on the twenty dollar bill?
>>
>>67165270
They're replace him with a woman soon.
>>
Some canadian piece of shit reposted this on pol >>>/pol/67856357
>>
>>67165315
That was me tbhfam but I'm not Canadian tbhfam i'm just in town for a work conference tbqh famiglia.

Trump is the modern day Andrew Jackson.
>>
>>67163358
Andrew Jackson was a badass injun killing, duel winning, hard hitting man, Sean Penn just does not have the presence to portray such a man- now Peter Capaldi- there is your Jackson
>>
>>67163358
Hopefully the little faggot gets caught and gutted by the Mexican cartel before that happens.
>>
>>67163358
He'll probably insist the the cultural Marxists put all their revisionist history in it.
>>
Andrew Jackson was eternally butthurt towards the Brits. Glorious.
>>
>>67165739
He was one of the only commanders to wipe the floor with them.
>>
>>67165755
in a battle that happened after the treaty that ended the war was signed

the battle of New Orleans literally meant nothing.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 302x302) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 302x302
>>67165698
It makes me so fucking when think about how the cultural Marxists make Jefferson not good but make him bad and make whites disappear in genocide
>>
>>67165895
Yet both sides had no idea and still fought with all they had. Stay mad britshit
>>
File: carl01.jpg (139 KB, 600x404) Image search: [Google]
carl01.jpg
139 KB, 600x404
>the scene where Jackson curbstomps an Indian
>the scene where Jackson laughs at slaves and says "Black lives will never matter, nyahahaha."
>the scene where a strong independent woman and her illegal immigrant lover are torn apart by Jackson's policies
>>
>>67166077
Jefferson probably has it the worst revisionist tomfoolery going on with his legacy.
>>
>>67163358

So Penn will play Jackson, but who will play "Ill Chapo" may I ask?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.