[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When is cape going to end? Serious question. I can't take
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: somad.gif (2 MB, 235x180) Image search: [Google]
somad.gif
2 MB, 235x180
When is cape going to end? Serious question.
I can't take it anymore, the same movies, with the same plot over and over and over again, the only thing that ever changes are the costumes and the waifus.

When, when is Hollywood going to stop. Last I checked the big 6 had capeshit scheduled right up until 2030.

I recently even resorted to anime because Hollywood doesn't have anything to offer. One, maybe two good movies every year, the rest capeshit.

WHEN IS IT GOING TO END, SOMEONE GIVE ME A FUCKING DATE.
>>
they'll stop making them as soon as people stop watching them
>>
I can't believe people like you lie and exaggerate so you can complain about something that doesn't exist. All but two movies per year are "capeshit"? Really? If you can't just ignore what you don't like then you're going to have an extremely difficult time once you leave high school.
>>
>>67157416
/thread
>>
>>67157424
This. How many movies are produced every year? How many of the are "capeshit"? You can avoid them pretty easily m8.
>>
>>67157536
*them.
>>
>>67157424
>>67157536
well if theres no capeshit then that hopefully leaves a gap for filmmakers to produce actual original content, you retards
>>
>>67157416
Nobody "stopped watching" ( espionage)thrillers, such as Hunt for the Red October, Day of the Jackal, Bourne Trilogy, Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger etc. etc.. Yet I have yet to see another one of those be made.

>>67157424
Look at Hollywood money, look at where it is being spent, with the exception of a movie or two a year, the majority of the money goes into capeshit. Ya, sure, loads of indie films get released, and they are a good watch, but they hardly have the production value of a 75+million USD Hollywood movie.
>>
>>67157370
Cape will end when Manchildren end. Which is never. This is what society is now.
>>
>>67157370
Pop culture is just trying to empower kids to be able to do what needs done/ They foresee a time in the future when its going to take evil to kill evil.. Thats the story line to almost everyone Ive seen.

I don't know what else they're trying to accomplish with this.
>>
It honestly could be worse. So movies are full of capeshit now, so what.. at least it's about functional, capable, heroic characters doing cool things. Look at cartoons. They USED to be about that in the 80s, and not as much in the 90s where it began to fall off and now look at the state of them today, it's all whiny weak skinnyjean emohair betamale-appealing shit relationship "come-dramas"/gendertwist shows like Adventure Time and Stephen Universe. Imagine if THAT'S what you had to deal with on the silver screen for the next couple decades.
>>
>>67157567
A gap of 5 movies at most?
>>
>>67157628
To continue... capeshit movies are popular among adults now because that's the kind of cartoons and comics they grew up with, most of the people reading the cape comic books are adults as well. So enjoy the capeshit movies while it lasts, because you know what's going to replace it once the >millennials come of age and Hollywood starts seriously marketing towards them.
>>
>>67157575
I would love for some directors to have a budget of $75 mil
>>
>>67157739
>>67157628
For a moment I thought you were an optimist, now I realize you are just trying to ruse me into an heroism.
>>
>>67157575
What kind of movie would you like them to make with that 75+million USD?
>>
File: 1437740330661.gif (796 KB, 320x286) Image search: [Google]
1437740330661.gif
796 KB, 320x286
Capeshit is getting to be too much. I always wanted all my favorite comics turned into movies but not like this, not every year pandering to Reddit and normies. Now I have jabronies telling me how excited they are for doctor strange ant man, telling me to look forward to old man Logan while pretending to know what it is from the shitty outline found in the clickbait Reddit tier "nerd" article shared on Facebook.

At least normies will never touch muh anime, slice of life and weebshit are too beneath them.
>>
File: capeshit.jpg (659 KB, 1280x1600) Image search: [Google]
capeshit.jpg
659 KB, 1280x1600
>>67157370
>>
>>67157963
>normies
Fuck off retard.
>>
They only make a couple comic book movies a year, you need to stfu. Deadpool was pretty good.
>>
They're a good two generations into infantilizing the north american population. This trend in art is just a natural expression of that extended childhood. Makes for a great malleability in the population with regards to opinion control and offering simple political answers. Childish dolts are easy to control.
>>
>>67157739
Millennials are in their 20s and early 30s
>>
>>67157982

This isn't /a/, you're allowed to say normies here.
>>
>>67158065
wrong post
>>
>>67157974
>black panther, Captain Marvel, Inhumans, Shazam, Cyborg, Gambit, and Sandman are all getting movies
>>
>>67157575
Exactly. Capeshit is the result of an evolution in technology. It's here to stay because it's the new par for the course, seeded a decade before by children's cartoons by coincidence.
>>
>>67158115
Gambit movie sounds fun.
>>
>>67157956
Not antman and co.

The entire "this is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes" is starting to come to life.

How about an epic on Frederick the Great? A proper deus vult movie? A romance film that isn't a fucking romcom?
>>
>>67158128
No, you know why? Cause you don't pay money for movies. You made your bed when you decided to pirate everything and failed to vote with your wallet.

>inb4 you desperately try to profess you actually pay for movie tickets/blurays, like we don't all know this is /tv/
>>
>>67157974
I feel sick
>>
>>67158156
This is an endless chicken and egg discussion.

I used to pay for movies, now that nothing is being released worth watching I don't.

I don't even bother pirating the new capeshit movies, it is all predictable shit anyway. All I watch these days are "old" movies, and I would pay to see those in the theaters again, but they don't play them anymore.

Once upon a time in the west in the cinema again? Yes please.
>>
>>67157370
As long as kids exist, cape will exist.
>>
>>67159615
Kids have existed since forever, cape has not, riddle me that.
>>
File: 1367325652085.jpg (50 KB, 550x774) Image search: [Google]
1367325652085.jpg
50 KB, 550x774
>>67157370
You think thats bad? wanna see something really scary ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ikyLQmjt0Q
if you check the comments and the related videos, you will be transpassing the event horizon, i often stop there just to look at it and be amazed at the things this makes me feel, all i can think of is "why" "for who"
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.