[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just start filming shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (10 KB, 240x188) Image search: [Google]
image.png
10 KB, 240x188
https://youtu.be/fl0fnLct6Co

Here's a video some friends and I did. We started with th a concept and ran with it. All shot and edited on the same day and we had no script. All lines improvised and the scenes at the top of our heads in the moment. Just some fun - enjoy (or not) it's your life
>>
>>67154954
If you're gonna write dialogue like that it has to be delivered naturally and not so nervously
>>
I haven't even started the video, but holy shit change the gay fucking title
>>
>>67154990
Thanks - no dialogue was written tho. All dialogue was improvised.
>>
>>67154954

Doing okay except you missed a beat on the final punchline

Keep working at it
>>
>>67155022
Not a fan of the title either - suggestions appreciated
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o0-kJ-CpcM

I am gay I love you
>>
>>67155100
Just call it "The Name" or something
>>
>>67154954
Cool shit, man. Only watched a little but it seems pretty funny.

Work on your sound.
>>
>>67154954
goin in as a skeptic
not bad, not bad
i kekd
>>
>>67154954

Funny shit man, you have a knack for dialogue, I do shitty skits while I'm working on some projects, here's a couple

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XBwkHzlf1cI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x1piIjEKHYo
>>
>>67155253
Thanks - yeah we definitely need to invest in better sound equipment for future projects
>>
>>67154954
hey it's good
>>
>>67155452
hey they're not good
>>
>>67155741

Oh well.
>>
>>67155803
yea, at least you are trying.
>>
>>67155452
Oh shit I remember you from the /fmg/s
>>
>>67154954
Work on the technical aspects.
You've got some potential, it was a funny video. The /fit/ guy kinda looks like Ethan Hawke.
>>
>>67154954
>All shot and edited on the same day and we had no script.

If you didn't care about making a quality film why would I care enough to click the play button?

those faggots on /lit/ do the same thing. "Here's some crappy story I slapped together in an hour, please take your time to carefully read it and tell me what you think about it."
>>
>>67155871
Thanks - any critique.. Good or bad - helps.
>>
>>67155933
I think they are trying to see if they have any potential before putting lots of effort into a more traditional short film.
>>
Why not just join an improv club, OP?

There's a real technique to it worth learning, you get to play lots of fun games, and mostly importantly: you don't have to film it and upload it to YouTube.
>>
>>67155958
I have an idea for a short film, if you'd like to hear...
>>
>>67155976
Yes
>>
>>67155933
Watch or not - it's your life. Spend as you wish
>>
>>67156034
here's the idea
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1MYxckxNwwC
>>
File: IMG_6534.jpg (32 KB, 320x242) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6534.jpg
32 KB, 320x242
I really enjoyed this OP. I'm quite cynical when it comes to humour, but this did it for me.

"I am beautiful" made me laugh.

Technically, the training montage was executed well (aside from the framing at 2:11) but conceptually it was a little flat though I liked the name reading thing.

But neat concept and great execution, looking forwards to what comes next. I like the title.
>>
The slapping/interrogation thing was overdone, but still good.
>>
I want to shoot a film and have ideas, but I'm always scared it will go nowhere or I won't have any support.
My current idea that I've gone the furthest with is a documentary, but people usually don't like documentaries unless they're stupidly biased or have production quality out the ass
>>
I thought it was pretty gud.

I have a couple of thoughts that might make your video better.

You committed the sin of having two dudes talk to each other in an apartment with nothing to do. It's boring to watch. Find a more interesting setting and have them move around and do something instead of just sitting their reading their lines with just the face to deliver dialogue.

You need to work on your photography skills. Some of the shots are pretty amatuerish. The production still looks like home movie stuff, work on making them more cinematic. Film is a visual medium so you gotta work on your composition and framing.

Premise needs work but got me to laugh. The second half was way stronger than the first.

Acting was pretty good.

You missed the last little beat at the end with the punchline.

Sound needs work.

yeah...
>>
>>67156499
Can't succeed unless you fail
>>
File: 1441290496062.jpg (35 KB, 366x368) Image search: [Google]
1441290496062.jpg
35 KB, 366x368
>>67156499
I do a film course and I'm in a similar position. I've got one script which is 'feasible' but requires me to call in nearly every single favour I've ever asked for and put aside a fair amount of money. It's a very loose adaptation of the HP Lovecraft Reanimator story.

I've visualised it so well, it's just making the thing.
>>
>>67156499
lets make an arthouse film called "guy from the internet fucks me in the ass"
hint: im the guy from the internet
>>
>>67156608
How 'bout we make a prequel called "Guy from internet eats my asshole and lets me cum on his face" ;)
>>
Hey, that was pretty okay.
>Fat Potato Films
Don't do this. I don't care if you're that serious or not and I get having "le funni naem xD" but actually take yourself seriously when it comes to branding.
>>
>>67154954
hey its pretty good but work on your sound mate
>>
>>67156549
Thanks
>>
>>67156665
prequels are shot after the main film so sure
>>
better than 99% of the shit out there

9/10 bruh
>>
>>67156716
>Don't do this. I don't care if you're that serious or not and I get having "le funni naem xD" but actually take yourself seriously when it comes to branding.
agreed
>>
>>67154954

I thought it was pretty funny until the very end. Your actors felt pretty natural and I was laughing at the whole setup, but you guys chose the most obvious punchline and telegraphed it really obviously. I think it would work for him to call her Kristen twice if it was in the context of some other overarching plot, but any 5 year old could tell you how that video was gonna end after watching the first half.

The sound quality was not amazing, but it wasn't garbage either. I've seen a lot of student films with audio that made the whole project unwatchable. I think maybe you could have faded the marching music before the montage in a little more subtly.
>>
>>67155862

Hey man, I uploaded my film and posted it the last time I was on one, I need to get some new shit done soon
>>
>>67156915
lol he talk to banana not phone
lmao
>>
>>67156608
>>67156665

Can I play the role of "me" in both of these?
>>
>>67156948

Yeah he not smart haha :^)
>>
File: 1458100110647.gif (3 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1458100110647.gif
3 MB, 200x150
>>67156989
no he is not haha
>>
>>67155237

Don't do this, do anything else but this holy shit
>>
>>67155958

I enjoyed it man. It's not perfect but you got some laughs from me. The only real criticism I have is to work on your production values--sound clipping and natural light washing things out can be handled with a tiny little effort in post-production.

Writing could be tighter, some of your punch lines go on for a taaad too long.

But still, not bad at all. As for the title, I'd recommend titling it a third name (not kristen or kirsten), to imply that you're still fucking it up even when you typed the film title in.

My 2 cents. Keep it up bro
>>
>>67157066
I'd call it... RedLetter Films
that's off the top of my head
>>
>>67157133
This exists though.

http://www.redletterfilms.com/
>>
>>67157300
damn
how about RedLetter Media
>>
>>67157127
Thanks - will keep in mind
>>
You should have shared this on r/movies instead
>>
>>67158111
Thank you "cumfaggot"
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.