[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone been watching this? Should I give a shit about it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: hapandleonard.jpg (28 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
hapandleonard.jpg
28 KB, 300x300
Anyone been watching this? Should I give a shit about it?
>>
It's pretty good. Titcow is neither attractive or able to act though.
>>
>>67149456
How's Omar?
>>
>>67149495
Good but why does he always have to play a gay guy?
>>
4chan might have given it a chance a couple years ago before the sitewide /pol/ invasion, but at this point just expect your thread to get spammed with the words nigger, bbc, and bull. Maybe a crime statistic graph made by a 22 year old white supremacist for good measure
>>
>>67149512
So fucking true. Just saw that dumbass movie Triple 9, and this guy pops up out of nowhere as a tranny hooker
>>
File: 1456634196471.jpg (32 KB, 388x496) Image search: [Google]
1456634196471.jpg
32 KB, 388x496
>>67149340
Sundance TV gave us Rectify which is awesome, but I'm not sure if I should watch this.

I don't mind one of the characters being a black gay dude, but reading this made me cringe:

>Leonard Pine is a gay, black Vietnam vet with serious anger issues. He was raised by his uncle who shunned him after learning he was gay. However, when his uncle passes away, he leaves his house and all his assets to Leonard. Leonard has zero tolerance for racist or anti-gay slurs.

My god, just how many evil strawmen racists/homophobes are going to get "taught a lesson" in this series? Do not want
>>
>>67149456
is that titcow on the cover?
>>
>>67149512
>>67149645

>gay guy plays gay guy

leave him alone, he's the only black guy man enough to admit it.
>>
>>67149809
>My god, just how many evil strawmen racists/homophobes are going to get "taught a lesson" in this series? Do not want

The first person we meet that gives him shit for being gay is his black uncle, and his best friend banters about it constantly too.
>>
>>67150729
So there is no preaching or moralizing at all?
>>
>>67149340
Its pretty cool.
>>
>>67151104

I've only seen episode one but Hap basically takes the uncle aside and tells him Leonard being a fag is Leonard's business so lay off his friend or he'll take his walking stick, shove it up his ass and break it off. Also despite the uncle giving Leonard shit he'll still beat the shit out of the niggers next door that keep breaking into his uncle's house for kicks.

Otherwise the show sticks to the crime caper stuff.
>>
>>67149340
I watched the first two episodes, it was thoroughly mediocre.
>>
>>67151232
Sounds pretty cool actually. I'll give it a watch
>>
i watched the pilot and i do not get it. what is it about? what's the fucking plot? is it just about two dudes hanging out in texas? why should i watch this shit?

pass
>>
>>67149340

Only saw the first episode, it seemed alright aside from the homonegro and Purefoys atrocious accent.

Needs more titcow
>>
I wanna fuck that tall ugly chick from this, so goddamn fucking bad
>>
Oh shit. You reminded me I got an ep on the DVR.

Shit. I almost typed VCR.
>>
>>67149809
His uncle is an outright dick to him and he and his friend call one another nigger and cracker for fun. The only time he gets butthurt and "punishes" someone is when he punches some black dude next door in the premiere episode for breaking into his uncles house. Any sort of moralizing or grandstanding is minimal so far.

As for the show itself, I like it so far. I'm generally wary of sort of rural type shows and movies, for obvious reasons, but this one is actually pretty good so far. So far they haven't defaulted to any insufferable stock 101 stereotype rednecks, and they don't overly talk about Leonard being muh oppressed gay in a rural area either.

It probably helps that the books it's adapting were written by a guy who is actually from an area like this.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.