[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain how this isn't kino
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: 1458236940987.jpg (1009 KB, 3195x1800) Image search: [Google]
1458236940987.jpg
1009 KB, 3195x1800
>>
But it is anon
>>
My dad took me and my brother to see this. Was a good day.
>>
Beautiful artwork and incredible voice acting as well as musical numbers. Animation of the pillar of fire/splitting the red sea scenes as well as the plague sequence were masterfully directed.

>that scene of ramses on the rock in the sea
>MOOOOOOOSSSEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS
>>
>>67147653
Best DreamWorks film.
>>
>>67147980
>mfw I remember this is DreamWorks
What was their last good film? All I can see in my mind is talking animal DreamWorks face
>>
>>67148095
>What was their last good film?
Could be, on an objective artistic standpoint, but I personally enjoyed Shrek, Shrek 2, Wallace & Gromit, and Flushed Away. Plus, I thought Mr. Peabody & Sherman and Sinbad were maybe a bit underrated.
>>
>>67149119
Ah the w&g movie was great. And Shrek 1+2 were funny and memorable, would've been nice if they stopped there because it could've been remember a lot better without the obvious milking. Saw flushed away but I can't remember the plot at all. Is Sinbad worth seeing?
>>
>>67149119

Flushed Away really doesn't hold up like Chicken Run desu
>>
>>67147653
I wish there were more good movies based on Biblical stories.
>>
File: image.jpg (353 KB, 1054x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
353 KB, 1054x1500
>>67147980
>>
>>67149615
>Is Sinbad worth seeing?
Honestly, sort of. The story is a bit plodding and there's parts that go nowhere, but holy shit does the animation still hold up, especially the CG villain.
>>67150080
Word 2bh
>>
File: tw-are you laughing now.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
tw-are you laughing now.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>67147653
Very simply.

In reference to film and theatre, KINO comes from the Norwegian, German and the Russian spelling of cine for cinema.

Referring to the Kino movement:

>created as a means of providing both amateur and professional filmmakers with a place to create and screen their short-films. Kino Kabaret is a type of innovative film-making lab where invited artists create films in a mindset of spontaneity and collaboration. The production method utilizes principles of non-competitive work to encourage co-creation.

>The KINO movement was founded in 1999 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada by Christian Laurence and friends. It has since spread worldwide (mostly in French-speaking countries and central Europe), and is now composed of over 60 physical cells, as well as of many Facebook groups.

So in most cases all of you faggots that love to throw the word out there in reference to "well made films" and "good cinematography" are using it in the wrong manner.

In cases like the Prince of Egypt you're still a bunch of faggots.
>>
>>67150596
Jonah vs Megalodon when?
>>
>>67147653
Listen m8 just because you made a little collage of artsy shots from a movie doesn't make it kino
>>
>>67150596
Samson would make for a great drama to be honest
>>
File: 1443203023604.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1443203023604.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>67150958
>>
>tfw there will never be an Elijah and Ahab movie
>>
>>67151068
fucking terrifying desu senpai
>>
>>67151044
Samson is just the Bible's version of capeshit
>>
>>67151169
I'm talking about the story of his betrayal not his feats of strength
>>
>>67147980
Agreed I really can't think of anything that comes close. In terms of animation only How to Train Your Dragon 2 and Sinbad are pretty great, but Prince of Egypt still trumps them all.
>>
File: 1458149740771.jpg (266 KB, 1438x612) Image search: [Google]
1458149740771.jpg
266 KB, 1438x612
Kino thread?
>>
>>67150596
Ayyy I'd pay to see a Revelation 12:3 movie
>Then another sign in Heaven appeared: and behold, a great red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads were seven diadems
>>
>>67151227
>that bland straight-on shot of Obi-Wan
>the fucked perspective of that sandcrawler shot
>lightsabers make pretty colors in the dark :^)

Anyone that thinks AoTC has good cinematography or even looks good at all is either a child or just knows absolutely nothing about quality filmmaking. I'm not memeing, and it's fine if you personally enjoy it, but this is what I do for a living and I'm telling you you have no idea what you're talking about. The movie looks like dogshit, it was filmed natively at 1080p on digital cameras that were horribly dated almost immediately after it came out and it shows in the severe lack of color detail throughout, I mean fuck, the blue/green screens aren't even properly keyed out half the time, it unironically looks like a video game. The Phantom Menace looks like a movie, it actually looks truly great sometimes, even sort of ROTS has its moments visually, but goddamn does Episode II look like garbage
>>
>>67151622
I don't know anything about cinematogapey and posted that image in the hopes of making someone sperg

Thanks
>>
>>67150877
The kino movement is from Dziga Vertov you fucking disgusting pleb
>>
Reminder: Kino is pure audio-visual flow, kinetic: movement, film as music ie based around tempo, intuitive and sensitive visual storytelling, rather than filmed theater or possessing didactic pretenses

It goes back to the abstract nature of silent cinéma, genres may vary, it can be arthouse poetry like Malick, experimental autism like Brakhage, genre potboiler like Mann or even mass blockbuster like Miller

Other various examples: Buster Keaton, Robert Bresson, Andrei Tarkovsky, Sergio Leone, NW Refn, even JL Godard

Criticisms of kino you'll often hear is 'it didn't even have a script!' 'it didn't have a story!'

Hope that helps

>Jean-Luc Godard, I respect him a lot for how he sees things and approaches filmmaking... Some of the things in his films are admirable, however I cannot consider him a complete filmmaker. What he does isn't cinema. He uses cinema. It's like Ingmar Bergman, who uses cinema to create literature. Godard uses cinema to paint with music. (…) He is the filmmaker I feel the closest to today. Godard's work intersects with mine. We share a common trait. Everything we do relies on inherently cinematic writing. We only express ourselves through images and sounds.
- S. Leone

>[About potential Mad Max spin-off kinos]: It would be wonderful if it was someone like Guillermo [del Toro] or someone like that it would be fantastic. There are several. I would say there are three, but I won’t say who they are. I keep talking about this being visual music, you need someone very, very strong on film language and syntax. It’s not just lumping a whole lot of action together without any coherence.”
- G. Miller
>>
>>67151685
What the fuck did you just fucking say to me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo. :^)
>>
>>67151913
Get your pleb tier definition of kino out of here.
>>
File: mon.jpg (56 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
mon.jpg
56 KB, 604x604
>>67151316
>directed by Jodorowsky
>>
>>67147653
>terrible and cliche'd composition means it's kino
kill yourself
>>
>>67147653
will there ever be such a big animated movie again ?
This sounds propably pretty standard
>muh good old times
But seriously, this animation style has so much more atmosphere than the completely digital pixar stuff of today
>>
>>67147653

When I think of this movie I always think about the whale when they parted the Red Sea. Perfect.
>>
>>67152318
What is yours?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.