[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So who's right the critics or the audience?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Clipboard01.jpg (252 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
252 KB, 1360x768
So who's right the critics or the audience?
>>
ur mom
>>
>>67144602
>RT
None.
>>
>>67144602
Me
>>
Not sure. I know for certain that I'm a terrible critic when it comes to movies, but I honestly really enjoyed The Witch. I'd give it an 8/10. The portrayal of the Devil in this film is top-tier, and I liked that they actually showed the actual witch multiple times
>>
I can't tell about the public but RT critics are usually shills.
RT scores are useful only as shitposting material.
>>
>>67144602

critics: professionals who are educated in the art and history of film and have had a very ardent interest in film throughout most of their lives
audiences: average Joe Schmoe who just wants to forget about his shit job for 2 hours and gets mad at anything complex or challenging
>>
Critics. Plebs hated it, they want jump scares
>>
>>67144714

how much were you paid to make this post?
>>
>>67144714
Important question:
And who are you, because if you are audience, their opinion will be more helpful to you.
>>
You tell me

https://novogamer.com/
>>
>>67144754
Back to your containment board, you failed adult >>/v/
>>
>>67144714

oh yeah all those critic bloggers are that. you are that retard, dumbfuck.
>>
>>67144714
I agree fellow average movie goer
>>
>>67144736

As pretentious as this sounds, I agree with this.

It was an incredibly atmospheric and well-acted thriller, one of the best in recent memory in my opinion. People are used to cheap and obvious jump-scare horror these days that they get mad when they don't get what they were expecting.
>>
Rare case where the audiences were right.
>>
>Call movie Witch
>Poster says VVITCH

Vvitch one is it?
>>
Good rule of thumb:

When the critics have a much higher score on a film than the audience and it's not pretentious Oscar bait the critics are usually right.
>>
>Critics desperate to profess they 'get it' because art and smug sense of intellectualism
>Viewers pissed because it's a bit rambling and incoherant and the ending was typically inconclusive like in all these high brow affairs

Neither are right and neither are wrong. It was decent but not great and not shit. Just cobbled together bits of folklore, some brilliant scenes mixed in, beautiful production and detail, but overall nothing really lasting.

As usual, the hype killed it. Its a historical drama with heavy supernatural elements. But it was being pushed as 'the future of horror' and the critics suddenly started talking shit about the horror fanbase being dumb losers.

Anybody seen that pic of 'girls in gaming' where for 30yrs they're saying ''ew get a life nerd' but in the end are saying 'games belong to us now'. That's critics and the horror genre right now, with The VVitch as the catalyst. And its fucking annoying.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.