[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
has anyone else watched hail caesar? about half the audience
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: img5.jpg (177 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
img5.jpg
177 KB, 1920x1080
has anyone else watched hail caesar?

about half the audience left before the movie finished when i saw it last night

>Preference is subjective, but matters of taste are less so. Think about it with the analogy of wine tasting. Sommelier have so much knowledge about all things wine related that they have a unique perspective on what makes a wine "good" or "bad". These people really are experts in their field, to the point where they can tell you where the wine was made, and the growing conditions of the grapes based on taste alone. It'd be foolish to say that the opinions of these people amount to nothing.
>>
I have no idea what the fuck you're trying to say.

I thought Hail Caesar was ok though.
>>
>>67143790
I liked it. It was extremely light but I don't think it needed to be anything more.
>>
>>67143790
>they can tell you where the wine was made, and the growing conditions of the grapes
What does that have to do with "good" or "bad"?
>>
I have literally never seen an audience member leave a theater early. Where do you people live that this happens every day?
>>
I went and watched it because my wife's son wanted me out of the house for the afternoon

wasn't that bad
>>
i thought it was pretty good. gave me some chuckles, the tap dance scene and the acting scene were great.
it was basically a love letter to hollywood.
could probably have made the communist meetings shorter
>>
>Meanwhile, there are people out there who order fines wines, but have no idea what makes it good, other than someone simply told them it was expensive and tastes great. >These people are just following the crowd.
Then you have people that drink box wine and love it. Someone like this might think fine wines are just a big scam, or they might appreciate that someone likes fine wine, but they just aren't into the taste personally. Still, even if "fine tastes" do go over the head of the box wine drinker, it doesn't invalidate their preference.
>
So the take-away here is, some people like "Hail Caesar" because they have a refined taste in cinema. Some people have a refined taste in cinema, but just didn't connect with the film. Some people have crude tastes, but might've liked Hail Caesar because their group of friends liked it, or they're trying to play devil's advocate... and then there might just be a segment that just outright didn't understand it, and only appreciate slap-stick humor (which is okay).
>Just know that the Coen Brothers are very aware, and intentional, film makers. There is a certain brand of humor in the film that is funny to a certain kind of audience member.
>>
>>67143858
Gives their opinion credibility
>>
I saw it yesterday, enjoyed it a lot but I have no idea what it was really about.
>>
The trailer was so misleading.

I was hoping for a fast paced screwball comedy flitting from set to set. Instead we got a comedic interpretation of the temptation of the Christ. 2deep4me.
>>
Boring Kohn Bros wankfest. We have a lot of jews and shabbos goys who like this shit.
>>
>>67143878

I see it happen all the time here in America.

For the last few movies I've been to there were many walkouts.

10 Cloverfield Lane: people were walking out because complaining it takes place "in the same damn room"
The Witch: people were either disgusted by the baby guts, or left later saying it was stupid and boring.
Deadpool: some parents left while explaining to their kids this isn't a kid's movie.
>>
>>67143858
just copy pasting a patricians post from reddit
>>67143878
i live in ireland but i don't recall this ever happening when i went to see a movie before
>>67143951
should have been more careful, fucked up my greentext
>>
>>67144022
Wherever you live might actually be the pleb capital of America
>>
I just saw that film last night. I enjoyed it, however the trailer made the film out to be something completely different. I thought it would be a slapstick comedy adventure of all these characters trying to rescue Clooney from the Communists. It was weird seeing so many high profile actors having so little screen time.
>>
>>67143878
Same. And I live in the US too.
>>
I think it's the first CoBros movie in years that wasn't too bulky for the movie/dinner combo date.
>>
>>67143973
If opinions are inherently subjective, then doesn't that mean that the credibility of someone's opinions is also subjective?

>Person A knows literally everything there is to know about wine
>Person B drinks wine that he made himself by fermenting rotten fruit in a toilet
>A recommends some wine to B because he knows that it's the best wine there is according to all objective criteria on how to make wine
>B drinks it and says it's disgusting. It could be for any number of reasons, but the bottom line is that it doesn't taste good to him.
>B decides that next time he wants to try some wine, he's going to ask Person C because C is also a fan of rotten toilet wine
Opinions don't really have a purpose other than to give recommendations to other people, and if that's the case, then what does it even mean to have a more credible opinion than somebody else?
>>
>>67143878
I had it once with a bunch of deaf family watching [Rec].
They even loudly complained in their retarded voices that it was a rip-off.
>>
Loved it. Still trying to make heads of tails of what the ultimate message was.
>>
>>67143878
I left during the Hunger Games.
I got to the part where the girl found the boy dressed up as a rock for some reason, then she was feeding him soup or some shit.
I didn't care about anyone or anything on the screen.
Thankfully the ticket was only $5, so I wasn't out much.
>>
>>67144367
>Thankfully the ticket was only $5, so I wasn't out much.

>not complaining to get your money back anyway
>not demanding a free ticket to another movie or even free popcorn

You just got cucked by a movie theater
>>
Seen it twice, both times audience were in hysterics and there in good numbers. I did see it in the UK though, so, you know, we're not as retarded as the average American audience.
>>
It was shit. The curios thing about it is that it's not one of these Coen movies where you know from the get-go that it will be shit like Untolerably Cruelty. It's legit shit.
>>
>>67144022
>Deadpool: some parents left while explaining to their kids this isn't a kid's movie.
I saw one couple leaving Deadpool on Valentine's.
The chick looked pretty angry
It was pretty funny to be honest
>>
The movie feels unfinished
>>
>>67144789
>DIVINE PRESENCE TO BE SHOT
:^)
though i saw an interesting post somewhere with a theory tying together some of the parts that didn't make a lot of sense to me, i would have agreed it felt unfinished

the theory was something like mannix manipulated a bunch of the central figures, there might not even have been money in the briefcase. hobie is at the restaurant at his request, where he notices channing tatum sitting with a briefcase that only he would have recognized. also when tatum jumps onto the submarine, he does the same campy jump from his sailor song
>>
>>67143882
Did he fuck his chick In your bed?
>>
>>67145055
Anon's wife's son fucked anon's wife in anon's bed.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.