[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy shit Charlton Heston must be turning in his grave http
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: ben-hur-2016-poster.jpg (704 KB, 800x1247) Image search: [Google]
ben-hur-2016-poster.jpg
704 KB, 800x1247
Holy shit Charlton Heston must be turning in his grave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLJdzky63BA
>>
why is charlie day in ben hur
>>
>>67137383
why did they change the roman who betrays him from childhood friend into brother?

like it makes literally zero sense for him to betray his family for rome, and its such an unneccesary change
>>
>>67137584
At this point I'm convinced you're not allowed to work in Hollywood unless you pitch at least one ridiculous unnecessary change to something that only serves to make the plot more nonsensical and convoluted.
>>
>>67137383
the weird thing is that this could actually be quite good, as the core story is really very strong, and simple enough to work okay when remade.

>>67137691
I think it's actually to rationalize the remake to audiences as much as anything else. Look at the Departed, it's like 40+ minutes longer than Infernal Affairs for basically no fucking reason and it won oscars.

>we made them brothers to strengthen the theme of family and blah blah blah
>>
File: 1453598556441.jpg (64 KB, 630x584) Image search: [Google]
1453598556441.jpg
64 KB, 630x584
>its all CG
Why even bother.
>>
>>67137383
But Heston is still alive.
>>
>>67137584

Because the original Bem-Hur made the characters look really, really gay.
>>
>>67137383
Nothing's sacred
>>
>>67137519
came in here to post this
>>
>>67137837
anon...
>>
>>67138319
Here he is, just last year.
>>
>>67137383
I'm guessing there's some older version of this that you fags are obsessed over?

Anyway that looks pretty epic OP, I'm keen
>>
>Ben HURRRRRRRRRRRR
>>
>a remake of a remake
>>
>get morgan freeman to do the narration

... this meme will never die will it
>>
>>67137584
would the romans even accept a jew (even if he was adopted) as a Tribune?
>>
>>67138383
Ayy lmao
>>
>Morgan Freeman playing Sheik Ilderim

WE
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.