[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
uh oh what went wrong /tv/ ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
uh oh what went wrong /tv/ ?
>>
>>67136551
too many white males
>>
Reviewers are butthurt about The Punisher being The Punisher.
>>
>>67136551

The retarded costume was just the beginning of the end.
>>
>>67136551
The Punisher was too brutal for the tumblrinas.
>>
>>67136551
not enough black men fucking white women... i mean come on america, it's 2016!
>>
>>67137127
implying the punisher in that show wont be very reserved and getting prevented of doing evil things by the memedevil everytime he is in danger of becoming too punisherish with them eventually teaming up
>>
That seems pretty consistent with season 1, not surprised to hear there's a bit of a stumble since the best part of the show's in prison
>>
>>67136935
>Reviewers are butthurt about The Punisher being The Punisher.

>The bad news, however, is that punches are being pulled with The Punisher.
>Some fans of the character like him because of the delightfully gruesome and creative ways that he takes down the bad guys. Some of that is certainly on display, but much of it is hidden away from. In lieu of showing a full assault like “The Punisher” movies have, the series opts to show you either the start of the carnage, the end of the bloodbath, or to place focus on a character that has no idea everyone around him is dying. That last one is a fun exercise, but if The Punisher isn’t acting like a tank in those moments where he can, it’s a letdown.
>The Punisher is a force of nature, which the series fully acknowledges in its opening episode with subtlety and nuance that shows producers Douglas Petrie & Marco Ramirez know what they have, but are seemingly hindered by standards & practices. The first season of Daredevil saw decapitation by car door and self-impalement on jagged glass, but The Punisher’s on-screen violence feels neutered. Maybe they’re saving the big strike for the season finale, or maybe their hands are tied.

your spin won't work here, shill.
>>
>>67137127
see
>>67137156
>>
>>67137152

''you can't punish him!!! who gave you the right???''
''they killed my family!!! they deserve to be punished!''

its going to have an amazing script I'm sure
>>
>>67137156

That's a big letdown. It reminds me of Christopher Nolan's Batman. I want to see Batman fucking shit up, not shadows moving and people running scared. The same here. I want to see the Punisher fucking people up in creative way, not cut-away and people running scared.
>>
Critics are tend to overrate Netflix shows(same thing happens with HBO), so the fact that it's getting mediocre reviews is worrying, fucking EW gave it a C. Seems like they continued quality of the last 3 episodes of s1, which were pretty bad
>>
I wonder if they'll get Chris Evans to do Captain America for season 3's Born Again adaptation or rewrite it to put a more street level character in
>>
Only 10 critics, jesus. Wait for the rest. It could be a 3/10 or a 8/10. Wait.
>>
Is this out already???
>>
>>67136551
The rape scene was a bit much.
>>
>>67139034
Nah, one more day(well, less than a day), critics just got it in advance
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.