[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Plothole thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10
Post your plot holes. I'll start.

How come the T1000 was able to travel back in time if he's made of liquid metal but only something encased in living tissue can travel back?

How come hair and eyebrows travel back if they're not living tissue?

How come if the T1000 was only able to turn into something of similar proportions he was able to turn into the floor?

How come if he can't replicate complicated or mechanical objects, he was able to replicate a police officer's uniform with a badge, buttons, etc?

Why didn't skynet just send something back even further in time?
>>
Repeat to yourself it's just a movie, you should really just relax.
>>
All that's bullshit but I hate when people act like the only reason it was able to kill Connor's foster dad was because it had recently handled a knife while impersonating the mother.

"Hurr, otherwise it wouldn't have known about knives or been able to replicate them".

Fucking retards. When did it handle hooks to grapple that car?
>>
>>67135780
How come he wasn't able to turn himself into a pack of cigarettes?
>>
>>67135780
It's a movie you dip. Stop with this autism.
>>
>>67135828

Because they have chemicals he doesn't work that way.
>>
Why didn't the eagles just drop off the T-1000 in Mt. Doom?
>>
Reece didn't build the fucking thing. He was just spurting out what he thought about the time travel device amd he was nt fully correct. T1000 could travel through it for reasons unknown and unexplained by Reece.

Hair and eyebrows are same tissue as his entire body which could time travel.

He didn't turn into the floor, he turned into a unnoticeably thin layer covering the floor.

Uniforms and badgea arent complicated. They mean complicated like objects that require rare and unique molecules and elements that the T1000 doesnt possess.
>>
>>67135780
>How come the T1000 was able to travel back in time if he's made of liquid metal but only something encased in living tissue can travel back?
Humans stole the machine, they didn't know how to fully use it.

>How come hair and eyebrows travel back if they're not living tissue?
they are living tissue
>>
>>67135828
and kill John in ten years through lung cancer. Brilliant
>>
>>67135809
Thats not right.

The terminator explains that it natively can make cutting and stabbing instruments.
>>
>>67135809
>people are retarded. More news at ten.
>>
>>67137373
It's film at 11:00 retard.
>>
>>67137245

>they are living tissue

only the dead can know peace from /tv/
>>
>>67137388
I live in a different time zone
>>
>>67137245
>hair and eyebrows are living tissue
are you memeing or are you literally this retarded?
>>
>>67137411
Mitochondria live in hair.

Body is 80% water, yet it makes it through. I know humans only use 10% of their brains, but you must only utilize 6%.
>>
>>67137534

2/10

See me after class Sadeep
>>
>>67137534
>I know humans only use 10% of their brains, but you must only utilize 6%.

Scarjo, pls.
>>
Speaking of the T1000, I was impressed that Genisys finally managed to make a more bizarre and threatening terminator model without it being another liquid metal derivative. A particle cloud terminator is pretty crazy.
>>
Since the Terminatrix had adjustable boobs. Did the not liquid metal models have adjustable ass, dicks and pussies?
>>
>>67137245
>they are living tissue
Thats why it hurts when you get your haircut, right?
>>
>>67135780
>Why didn't Skynet just send something back even further in time?
Try the first movie
>>
>>67137779
He sent the first movie back in time?
>>
>>67137839
You mean kino
>>
>>67135780
Age of Ultron
Girl from the twins and her first battle with ultron.
Figure it out.

Hints:
>what were her powers
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 315x317) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 315x317
>>67135780
How come he didnt want him man?
>>
>How come the T1000 was able to travel back in time if he's made of liquid metal but only something encased in living tissue can travel back?

He arrived in a flesh sack

>How come hair and eyebrows travel back if they're not living tissue?

Magic

>How come if the T1000 was only able to turn into something of similar proportions he was able to turn into the floor?

Not similar proportions, similar mass

>How come if he can't replicate complicated or mechanical objects, he was able to replicate a police officer's uniform with a badge, buttons, etc?

Same way a tin soldier can have buttons and stuff

>Why didn't skynet just send something back even further in time?

The further back in time they go and mess with events the greater they risk fucking up the timeline so bad they'll never be made in the first place.
>>
Maybe in the second movie Skynet improved the time machine, the real plothole is in the first movie, because T-800 have a metal endoskeleton, later Cameron said that the flesh that coverr it allowed it to be sent back in time, but as explanation is weak, if this was the rule since beginning would have been easy for the rebels to sent back after kyle a corpse emptied and filled with plasma guns and shit.
Anyway why sent the T-1000 to kill John? Skynet could have been sent it before, to aid the T-800, if it have a time machine it can send everything in the time it wants.

But the biggest plothole is that from Back to The Future 3, why try to find a sobstitute for gasoline to fuel the DeLorean when they had the same car buried near the city? It should still have enough fuel to refill the tank of the DeLorian that came back.
>>
>>67138053
>But the biggest plothole is that from Back to The Future 3, why try to find a sobstitute for gasoline to fuel the DeLorean when they had the same car buried near the city? It should still have enough fuel to refill the tank of the DeLorian that came back.

There was only one Deloreon. They towed it back to town.
>>
>>67137935
He was a black father. Why would he want children?
>>
the nanobots can read and produce electromagnetic fields
>>
>>67138053
if they used the buried delorean then marty in 1955 would have no way of getting to 1885
>>
Does the end of Bill and Ted's bogus journey stand up?

They can make anything up as long as they remember to go back in time and do it afterward?
>>
>>67138182
The rape scene was a bit much but otherwise it works.
>>
>>67138113
So when Marty traveled back the DeLorian that Doc buried vanished in its time from the place where it was hidden some days before?
>>
>>67138053
Didn't they send Kyle back just before destroying the time machine? Or just before it got destroyed by the machines or something?
>>
>>67135780

>Why didn't skynet just send something back even further in time?

It did

https://youtu.be/_Mg7qKstnPk?t=1m57s

Also in the original concept for the movie James Cameron said he wanted to have 2 terminators but the technology and budget wouldn't allow for the T-1000, T2 allowed him to pull it off.

>How come if he can't replicate complicated or mechanical objects, he was able to replicate a police officer's uniform with a badge, buttons, etc?

They're not complicated at all? it's just a pattern that looks like it.

On that note, best Easter egg.
>>
>>67137534
Good thing you know that true fact
>>
>>67135780
Why do people bother to discuss plot holes in time travel spots on /tv/

It's the same old shit every single time because time travel always causes holes in the plot. Time travel plot holes are the absolute lowest hanging fruit when it comes to discussing plot holes.
>>
>>67135780
I've been watching MCU shit lately because I've lost control of my life, so here we go:
>why did blowing up the mothership in The Avengers kill all the aliens? They were all clearly organic creatures.
>Why did Thanos via the Other/aliens give away something with an infinity stone to retrieve another Infinity Stone when he wants the Infinity Stones?
>Why isn't Tony Stark's Arc reactor technology used everywhere? Stable, 3 GW output with zero heat dissipation and tiny, it would literally transform humanity instantly. Same with his absurdly advanced AI systems.
>>
File: genisys.jpg (254 KB, 1000x1561) Image search: [Google]
genisys.jpg
254 KB, 1000x1561
>humans instantly know everything about the Skynet time machine
>why not send back Kyle earlier? why would John think anything needs to happen the way it happened? or did the events of T2 not happen to him?
>Kyle lived for 10 years or whatever in regular modern US society and doesn't know what a waitress is
>John tells Kyle to tell Sarah le epic callback line that makes no sense unless you already believe the story to convince her, doesn't just say to tell her something personal only a son would know
>Dr. Who chooses this exact moment to attack and not at any other time to win the war happening in this timeline, he even lets Kyle go back in time
>Pops and T-1000 know the timetravelers from the original timeline will be exactly where they are even though they establish later this timeline can change and does so dramatically and even if its some autism where the change has to happen before the point of time travel Pops and the T-1000 just being there at all is a huge change
>why not just snipe the T-800 as its arriving through the time bubble if they know exactly when and where he's coming?
>why didn't the T-1000 just kill Kyle as a child if he knew Kyle was coming? they're clearly linked in this timeline as Kyle tells his younger self to remember something he now remembers
>why does the T-1000 not at least get there one second before he does if he knows exactly where and when he'll be?
>why does the T-1000 like pretend getting shot in the head hurts him and fall over for a laugh? why does he talk to him first?
>why does the T-1000 let Kyle run out of the photobooth unmolested? why pretend to be a mirror? why not just run up and stab Kyle at any point?
>>
>how can the T-1000 control the evil T-800 when it got it's power cell shot out? what's powering it? the blob of liquid metal we're clearly meant to think is only controlling it as it seeps into its CPU?
>why not seep the giant spear into Pops and control him? what happens to that spear? they melt it off screen and its not dangerous?
>why does the T-1000 stand there pretending to be Kyle and not just rush her? why cant it fake a gunshot?
>the acid that can melt a T-1000 doesnt completely fuck up Sarah when it drips on her arm?
>why does Sarah have zero emotional reaction to finally terminating the killing machine that's been hunting her all her life and murdered her parents?
>why does she act like she is some snarky cool experienced terminator slayer when shes never fought one before this and has simply been running from the T-1000 all her life? wouldnt she be even more hardened and paranoid than in T2 since shes been living on the run since she was a little girl?
>Sarah wants to time travel into the future to... have LESS time to defeat Skynet?
>naked Kyle gets hit by a car going 60mph and is fine
>Pops misses the deadline of a time travel even he himself fucking programs lazy fucker
>Sarah describes the T-1000 seeping into the fucking rowing boat she's in with her dad and he has time to give her some dramatic parting symbolism while up to their ankles in a liquid killing machine
>>
>why does she describe the cabin blowing up and then we see Pops with a rocket launcher? did he blow up her mom by accident and played it off like it was the other guy?
>why does Kyle think terminators are some expert social engineer manipulators when hes only ever seen shitty ass T-600s that kill you as soon as they get near you?
>how did J.K. Simmons even get a good look at Sarah?
>why does Sarah point a glock at Pops?
>what's John's entire motivation here? why is he talking to his parents as if he is offering them an amazing new life philosophy when all he's saying is let Judgement Day happen and hang out with me?
>why would he do any of this? has he just been driven insane? mind controlled? why's that compelling characterization at all? John was a fucking faggot in every single timeline but this takes the cake
>are nanobots meant to be the next step-up in terminator technology? I had presumed since T2 that the liquid metal was just nanomachines
>why the fuck does Sarah still think this is a closed-loop timeline? when like fucking 6 different time travel events have already changed it?
>why does Sarah point a glock at John?
>what the fuck does John mean he thought Kyle would understand? understand that becoming a smoke monster from Lost is worth exterminating humanity for?
>Sarah and Pops can build a working timemachine with 1984 technology by themselves but John can't build one in 2017 with the most powerful tech company in the world at his disposal
>why does John start quoting T1 as if it applies to him in any way? he clearly still experiences human emotions but is claiming to be like a terminator?
>why does no one seem to be in a rush or scared in this movie? why do they stand around talking to Pops when John is right behind them?
>why would they think Pops is a shapeshifter? why would they ask that as if he wouldnt kill them or at least stand about telling them the date and then kill them?
>>
>cant John fly? why does he need a vehicle? why does he dress himself like a biker?
>why is John under the bus? why not phase through it? has he never tried out his new powers before?
>how the fuck would they survive that bus crash?
>why is some component in a megaphone so magnetic that it hurts John on the same level as an MRI?
>why doesnt Pops extract them on the way to the police station? why wait until John is there?
>why does John execute all the other cops watching the interogation? he hasnt exactly been covering anything else up well
>why does Sarah waste time telling shota Kyle her weird straight line thing when his parents could just carry him out the building?
>Pops doesnt kill any innocent people by blowing up a huge petrol tanker
>John reports a false alarm after a fucking helicopter just crashed outside his building as if that's a good cover up
>why is Skynet acting as if it has any moral highground? "I'm just trying to kill your entire species calm down senpai"? couldn't give it a few lines explaining it's philosophy?
>why are they walking about at a casual pace when John is obviously coming after them?
>Skynet or John didn't notice Pops working in the facility or putting Sarah's info into the system?
>John's making T-1000s for some fucking reason in the same room as the time machine for some fucking reason
>John has some stupid stand off when he knows for a fact Pops cant detonate the bombs, why wait for Kyle and not just rush him?
>why doesnt John just phase through Pops and shred his CPU?
>IF GOING IN A TIME MACHINE KILLS JOHN THEN HOW DID HE TRAVEL BACK IN FUCKING TIME?
>the liquid metal becomes a T-1000 from having Pops blown and magnetized to fuck and back CPU fall into it inside his skull... right... great excuse to have another actor play him in the sequel that wont happen
>>
>>67135780
When he stabs the fat security guard in the eye, he completely replicates him. Not to mention before then he was a chess-tiled floor.
>>
>>67139554
>>why does John execute all the other cops watching the interogation? he hasnt exactly been covering anything else up well

You forgot "ow you pushed me down and made me reveal myself, I'll just disappear until the helicopter chase."
>>
The Dark Knight (2008)

After Batman jumps out of the window to save Rrrrrrrachel and they land on the car (unscathed somehow), it skips to the next day.

Except Joker and his men are still in Bruce Wayne's apartment with his guests and Harvey Dent is unconscious in a closet. Surely, that means Joker's men gave up looking for Dent (he's the reason they were there to begin with) far too easily and decided not to kill Alfred and all the other guests.

That scene never had any real resolution other than 'Batman saves the girl' when we could've had a Batman-Die Hard sequence :S
>>
File: termin.webm (142 KB, 566x674) Image search: [Google]
termin.webm
142 KB, 566x674
>>67139501
>>67139522
>>67139540
>>67139554
>there are people who unironically think genisys is good
>>
>>67137534
what the fuck do Mitochondrians have to do with this, Qui Gon?
>>
>>67139599
I had no idea J.K. Simmons is in this.
>>
Why wasn't the T1000 cia?
>>
>>67139554
>IF GOING IN A TIME MACHINE KILLS JOHN THEN HOW DID HE TRAVEL BACK IN FUCKING TIME?
Went back in time the same movie-bullshit way the T1000 went back, in human form. It destroys him at the end because he's stuck in exposed machine form from the fisting Arnie gave him.
>>
File: cry.jpg (75 KB, 448x545) Image search: [Google]
cry.jpg
75 KB, 448x545
>>67140668
DELETE THIS
>>
>>67135780

Look, we can have a plot hole thread, but if you're going to include movies and shows about time travel we might as well just start smearing shit on the walls. Time travel stuff is always one big plot hole after another.
>>
File: lucky-yates_courtesy.jpg (471 KB, 1197x718) Image search: [Google]
lucky-yates_courtesy.jpg
471 KB, 1197x718
>>67135780
If Algernop is a "boy from Brazil" why doesn't he look like hitler
>>
>>67135801
IT'S MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATRE THREE THOU-SUUUUND
>>
>>67137701
You're even dumber than the anon you're replying to.
>>
why didn't Princess Nuala just kill herself in the first act and save the audience 90 minutes of this dreck.
>>
>>67138271

I believe it was self-destructing, yes. Skynet was losing the battle and the T800 and T1000 were last-ditch efforts. They only had time to send Reese and the other T800 back before it shut down.
>>
>>67138053
The T-1000 was sent back in time to 1995 before the T-800 was sent to 1984.
>>
File: HB6_L.jpg (130 KB, 1000x665) Image search: [Google]
HB6_L.jpg
130 KB, 1000x665
>>67141608
forgot pic.
>>
>kilgrave wants jessica jones to love him
>jj could have just played kilgrave, had him charm the governor/pres and pardon hope, then she could break his neck
>>
>>67141441
That is just suggested, he might be a legit son of his father
>>
>>67135780

If i was the T1000 i would have copied jims dirtbike and shot my steelknife right up his butthole when he sat down on me
>>
>>67140535
Joker thought dent was batman, especially how he threw himself after her
>>
I would have turned into his cinema anvil and taken him out the moment he started banging me during a boring talking scene fämälämäs
>>
>>67141629
y dunt u kill urself and save us of ur autism lyl
>>
>>67135780

>At Avatar convention, 2023
>"We'll take a few questions from the fans! Yes, you, the fat neckbeard in the front with the guy fawkes shirt."
>"Uhhhhhhh Mr. Cameron. How come the T1000 was able to travel back in........
>>
>>67142008
Kek
>>
>>67137169
Underrated kek
>>
>>67141537
If you're not baiting, you should kill yourself.
>>
>>67135828
>>
>>67135780
You're missing the only major real plot hole of T2. Towards the end of the movie when they're fighting the T-1000 in the steel factory, it makes no sense that the T-1000 stabbed Sarah Conner and ordered her to "Call to John" when he could have just killed her and then imitated her perfectly SINCE THAT'S SORT OF HIS THING, and done it himself.
>>
>>67142553
Easily explainable; john would feel compelled to save mommy by trading himself as long as the 1000 spared her, which it of course would not do after killing john.
Evoke and manipulate an emotional response
>>
>>67135801
>>67141466
Damn that's a good idea, fuck this thread I'm gonna go watch some MST3K
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.