[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this book even filmable?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: BraveNewWorld_FirstEdition.jpg (54 KB, 301x452) Image search: [Google]
BraveNewWorld_FirstEdition.jpg
54 KB, 301x452
Is this book even filmable?
>>
everything is filmable
>>
Eh give it a few more years and maybe. I think personally it isn't
>>
>>67134844
Every book is filmable. Some are just more challenging than others.

Blood Meridian is one that always surprises me that people constantly call unfilmable. I think it could be very cinematic in the right hands.
>>
It'd be challenging but yeah it can
>>
>>67134909
if you basically just keep the name of the book and the main character, yes
>>
A completely terrible film could be made of it, sure. Anything is filmable, its just about what you have to do to get it there and whether what you would be left with is worthwhile. I feel like a lot of BNW's meaning would get lost in a film adaptation, even a well shot and well acted one.
>>
Anything can be filmed but translation to film and faithfulness to source all factor in.
>>
1984 > BNW
>>
i don't see how this would be difficult to recreate. it isn't like there are that many high tech parts that would even need intense cgi
>>
>>67135064
:(
>>
>>67134909
Pretty sure Finnegans Wake isn't filmable
>>
>>67134844

Did you not see the awful film rendition?

>kill Bernard Marx!
>>
>>67135064
Pleb
>>
>>67135113

wouldn't put it past malick
>>
most good literature isn't filmable. look at most top 100 lists of books and the majority won't have any film adaptations despite popularity.

War&Peace was based af though thats only because the bbc can do most period pieces: muh dickens/austen
>>
>>67135113
Its been filmed before. not sure how good it turned out.
>>
>>67134844
I just want to see the mass orgy desu and his slut mum sleeping with the natives and all ;)
>>
shit book
>>
>what is Demolition Man
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.