[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck the capeshit civil war there is an actual civil war goi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 5
Fuck the capeshit civil war there is an actual civil war going on in Hollywood.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/christopher-nolan-joins-james-cameron-in-opposing-003337504.html

Whose side are you on? Team Nolan and Cameron vs Team Jew Jew Abrams and Peter Jackson.

>One of the biggest surprises about Sean Parker’s proposed $50 home move service is the cadre of top filmmakers who are supporting the venture, including J.J. Abrams and Peter Jackson.

>Now, the other side is lining up. On Tuesday, James Cameron and his producing partner Jon Landau said making movies available in the home on the same day that they hit theaters via Parker and Prem Akkaraju’s the Screening Room would be “disastrous” for theaters owners and the film business.

>Christopher Nolan followed suit. “It would be hard to express the great importance of exclusive theatrical presentation to our industry more compellingly than Jon Landau and James Cameron,” Nolan said in a statement.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0
>>
I'm with lord JC, of course.
>>
I want high quality cam rips day of premier
Fuck these two hacks
>>
why would anyone other than redditors side with jew jew and jackson

the only bright side to this it would make pirating shit way easier
>>
Nolan and JC are a thousand perfect right, unless you're looking forward to a bright future where the standard for movies is a Netflix Original
>>
I'm not even a fan of his movies, but Nolan is absolutely based
>>
>>67133031
>I would rather side with the jews who force you to go to a theater and having to humiliate yourself with no singles policies
>>
The movie industry is too caught up in investments and shit. It needs the guarantee of theater returns or the whole thing will collapse into small studios and garbage indie films. Or not, maybe a renaissance. We'll see probably.
>>
>>67132554
the whole thing is big fat moot point because what rational consumer is gunna spend $50 to RENT a film?

This will be a bigger flop than tidal.
>>
>both sides are doing it for the money

No one
>>
>>67132554
I'm so sick and tired of people wanting the "death of theaters" to happen. Going to the theater is fun as fuck unless your some socially awkward dweeb.
>>
I haven't gone to the theater all year, just wait for the BD and watch it at home on my big tv with zero disturbances and without being charged absurd prices for snacks and soda or bullying for attending a movie alone. much better this way.
>>
>rent $50 home day 1 movie
>set up home bootlegging cam recorder perfectly to get the best cropped shot and in line sound
>charge people $5 to watch my bootleg

capitalism
>>
>>67133031
If this means less big scope movies filled with CGI to the brim, I'm all for it.
>>
>>67133042
>netflix original feature films

yes, this would be soooo much worse than AVENGERS® #113 and the 4000 MPH TO FAST AND FURIOUS®
>>
>>67132554
I kind of feel like Cameron hasn't made anything worthwhile in two decades, but then Nolan hasn't made anything that can match either Terminator. Gonna have to go with Cameron on this.
>>
>>67133042
The current standard is Marvel shit.
>>
>>67133104

$50 is stupid high, but there are some people out there who will pay it. All it takes is for one of them to upload it online, and we'll have good quality rips the day of release.
>>
>>67132554
It's always "teams" and "brands" and picking sides with you, isn't it? You must be desperate to feel like you belong somewhere.
What a neglected asshole.
>>
>>67132554
>based Jim Cameron and Meme King Nolan vs. some jews
Not exactly a hard choice m8
>>
>>67133252
and then the industry goes even more bankrupt and we get movies the quality of netflix originals or worse

not that thats a bad thing but still
>>
What the fuck is wrong with Peter Jackson? How could anyone side with JJ on this?
>>
>>67133104
>the whole thing is big fat moot point because what rational consumer is gunna spend $50 to RENT a film?

It literally costs me more than that to go see a movie with my partner, so uh, yeah I'd probably pay it?
>>
>>67133252
and there are probably some people who will pay for me to shit in their mouth but I wouldn't build a business model from it

Going to a theater is half the point
>>
They're all cunts anyway.
>>
>>67133299
what the fuck theater are you going to where tickets for two people amounts to over $50?

even imax 3d shouldnt be that expensive
>>
>>67132554
only fat fucks with no friends would pay 50 dollars to masturbate in the dark to Jew movies.
>>
JC & Nolan vs Jews

Hard fucking choice
>>
>>67133299
thats because you order the crab legs anon

but where the fuck do you live that tickets are that high? NY? you do realize most theaters aren't this high? most people end up paying around $20-30.
>>
>opposing something that literally doesn't affect you

Just don't buy $50 that's pretty simple.
>>
>>67133340
reasonable prized snacks and less risk of getting shot
>>
>>67133340

One that isn't American
>>
>Day 1 high quality rips of movies
Yes Sean Parker, help start the end of cinema like you helped start the end of music by teaching normies about Napster.

Burn Blockbuster shit to the ground so we can pick up the pieces and start over.
>>
>>67132554

The fuck would this be a good idea, movies are meant to be watched on a gigantic screen. Nolan literally films in imax, of course he's against it, and cameron is another director whose movies are about spectacle.

JJ Abrams is a money puppet and after the hobbit trilogy peter jackson should have been thrown into a fucking volcano
>>
>>67132646
If the experience isn't real if I don't see it in the theater what the fuck do you sell me the DVD for?
>>
>>67133238
Thanks for proving that the average /tv/ poster is borderline illiterate.
>>
>>67133340
I literally just preorded B V S tickets today for regular 3D (not IMAX) in NYC (Not Manhattan but Queens) and three tickets were over $60. In this scenario i'd rather just get the home experience since it would be cheaper and I could call more friends.
>>
>>67133427
>movies are meant to be watched on a gigantic screen

Only bombastic shit
>>
>>67132554
I respect Nolan even though I don't think he's a great director. He's right.
>>
>>67133340
2 people in IMAX 3D at many theaters would be around $40, add in a popcorn and soda and you hit $50 easy.

I think the one thing people seem to forget is that we're talking about 2 people max, but if a group of 8 friends gets together to watch this film at a single home then they're getting a huge deal.
>>
>>67133471
Nearly all films are meant to be seen on a theater screen.
>>
>>67133409
>reasonably priced snacks
>pays $50 for two tickets

Also name one incident within the last 5 years of people getting shot at a movie theater outside the Aurora shooting.

No prior fighting bullshit and the confrontation continued inside the theater or something. Just want one instance where someone buys their ticket for a movie, sits down to watch it, and gets shot as an act of random violence.
>>
>Remove the searchlights from the cinema and I will join Team James Nolan
>>
>>67133299
But you'll be fine with spending 10k on high quality home theatre gear? Or just watch it on your laptop?
>>
File: 1438644305289.jpg (13 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1438644305289.jpg
13 KB, 350x350
>>67133238
>I share a board with this person
>>
>>67133439
Well because what other options are available when the screening stops?
>>
Of course these two faggots would be against it, because their films require a theatre to watch, and are boring as piss at home.
>>
>>67133029
This. Why is this never brought up? How can this not be a major concern?
>>
>>67133489
>implying it won't have some smart-shit to detect how many warm bodies are in the room
>>
File: Untitled.png (181 KB, 725x435) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
181 KB, 725x435
>>67133275
>and then the industry goes even more bankrupt

The industry is doing fine. In fact, it's growing year after year. Their revenues have never been higher, and we don't know what their real profits are because of Hollywood accounting, but it's high.

All this with piracy being higher than it's ever been.
>>
>>67133459
>preorded B V S tickets today for 3D

the only thing more pleb than this is dying from a cold
>>
>>67133493
Most good films are just as enjoyable on the small creen
>>
>>67133495
There was that guy that shot a dude in the theater like just last year for something trivial. I'm not going to bother it nor am I even the same guy nor do I care about this conversation.

But yeah that happened.
>>
>>67133566

I spent about 5k or so on my setup, it'll last many years and it's not just for movies. It's an investment that easily pays off.
>>
>>67132554
>Peter Jackson supporting this shit

So the one guy who started out doing independent films is now completely skewed toward big hollywood? Jesus christ.
>>
>>67133624
He might mean creatively banrupt
>>
>>67133650
I agree, but still, filmmakers almost always make their films specifically for the big screen
>>
>>67133672
So have I. Was just clarifying.
>>
>>67132554
The two guys who make movies that make money hand over fist more than anyone else are against it.

This should tell you something.
>>
I stand by the Patricians.
>>
>>67133104

Considering most movie expenses are 8$ s ticket and around 20$ for everything else, yeah $50 is cheaper for a family of 4, even 3 or 2(if all you do is go to the movies every week)
>>
I'd rather not, so theaters don't die off completely, so I have options. It's not like I don't pirate shit the day it hits anyways. Not like I'm rich enough to build some giant theater in my mansion.
>>
>>67133390
>Not paying $7
Burgers...
>>
>>67133683

Jackson's probably still broken brained from The Hobbit shit.

His big idea for the cinematic experience was 48fps movies and it was a blunder of the century.
>>
Thi i the mot retarded thing ive ever heard of

>tra video camera in front of movie
>"rent" for fifty
>record it

the fuuck>?
>>
>>67133238
HA fucking stupid
>>
>>67133238
Embarrassing.
>>
>>67132554
This would kill off the business are Abrams and Jackson retarded
>>
>>67132554
>554▶>>67133104 >>67133146 >>67133238 >>67133261 >>67133273 >>67133388 >>67133427 >>67133473 >>67133683 >>67133758 >>67134055
> Fuck the capeshit civil war there is an actual civil w

DELETE THIS
>>
File: 9090132728_f792c6a3fe.jpg (109 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
9090132728_f792c6a3fe.jpg
109 KB, 500x375
>>67133340

Its 12 GBP for 1 person at my cinema

thats 24 GBP for 2 people

thats 34 USD

thats not including fuel cost or bus or taxi if you are drinking

$50 is a steal and you can have more than one person watching

you could set up a speakeasy cinema in your yard and charge people a few quid a pop
>>
>>67133945

Watching non-direct rips in the year 2016 is some ghetto shit

Can probably count on it being loaded to the gills with shit like Cinavia too.
>>
All it would take is one person to record the movies and put them online it would make film piracy even easier
>>
File: xavier dolan.jpg (41 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
xavier dolan.jpg
41 KB, 630x420
>>67134112
>gbp
>quid

bong currency sounds so imaginary
>>
>>67133593
Hang yourself.
>>
>>67134094
The fuck are you doing?
>>
>>67134174

people never say

spondoolicks or squid anymore
>>
>>67134174
>Great British Pound sounds silly
>Sacagawea does not

Americans.
>>
>>67134174

>He doesn't get good boy points from his goverment
>>
the theater is an osolete relic of live performance
>>
>get to watch a movie on release in my own comfy couch with no sticky floors, popcorn lines, gum stuck to seats, and dumb normies on their cellphones
this is a good thing
>>
>>67132554
Nolan is an asshole and Cameron looks like the biggest jerk in the Hollywood.
Jar Jar is a fucking jewish cunt and Peter Hackson lostt all his creditability with Flobbit.
So no one, I just sit in my coach and watch the world burn.
>>
>>67133104
Watch premier at home and dinner, drink alcohol, take shower, masturbate, have sex, sleep etc. No driving.
>>
>>67133146
There's nothing social about just watching a movie. If you enjoy the social aspect of the theater (see: everything but watching the movie you paid to watch) that doesn't justify theater exclusivity.
>>
>>67134620
>implying people coming to your house need no ride
>>
Nolan wanting his movie to be watched on TV doesn't gives him right to block PJ from setting up his new business.
>>
They said home video and VCRs would kill the movie and TV industries too.
>>
>>67133409

>not smuggling snacks and drinks in

I actually bring tap water in my backpack and when they actually once "caught" me they said that I would have to leave my things at the front desk.
I agreed and then told the guy that I would like to have a glass of tap water, which in Germany they have to give you free of charge. I frequently visit the same place - they never once stopped me from bringing in my own water again.

I see no reason to drink poisonous fizzy drinks or the ethanol Jew just because I am watching a movie on a larger screen than usual. It also heightens the risk of having to urinate halfway through the movie.
>>
>>67133238
>Oh boy, a thread with a picture of Nolan--director of the epic meme scene--and Cameron--the guy who gave us Abatap! Nah, I ain't gonna bother reading the OP. Just going to assume it's a thread saying to pick a favorite. Better spout some stock opinions that will give me some /tv/ cred.
>>
>>67133042
hi phoneposter

nice autocorrect on your "percent" made in to "prefect"

mobile phones need to be rangebanned
>>
>>67133104

Cinemas are fucking filthy and uncomfortable, food is abysmal in quality and ridiculously overpriced, people talking and checking their phones every 2 mins pisses me off to no end... yes I would pay that if I could watch it home.
>>
>>67132554

Old men who see their precious empire crumbling.
>>
>>67133340

Yuro here. It's like 12-15 euro/ticket fir new movies and like 15 euro for a tiny serving of shitty chips or nachos or a microwaved slice of frozen pizza and a large drink (which is prolly like a small one in the US), then there's the parking fee, the gas to get there, etc.

It's pretty fucking expensive.
>>
>>67133136

>waahh muh ebil moneys

You do your job for free?
>>
>>67138033

>makes a typo himself
>isnt even on a phone

lol whats your excuse then?
>>
>>67133042
Beasts of No Nation was like the only film I enjoyed from last quarter of 2015.
>>
>>67133340
Cost of living lad.
Ticket prices in shittier areas with shittier cinemas that pay a lower rent space cost are obviously going to cost less.
Everything costs more in areas that are more expensive to live in, even movie tickets.
>>
>>67133593
this a million times

Their films are MADE for the theatre.
>>
Didn't know they were thinking about releasing new movies in peoples' homes, but I'm not surprised.

Terrible, terrible idea, it will kill theaters, and yet another thing for people to actually leave their homes to go do. Of course I'm with Cameron on this.

And of course, fuck Abrams, because fuck Abrams.
>>
>>67132554
JJ Abrams and Peter Jackson are the right ones. This would make pirating quicker.

And fuck Nolan, he's the most reddit meme director. Interstellar was shit.
>>
>>67138981
>it will kill theaters
Who cares.

>or people to actually leave their homes to go do.
Fuck off normie. People can stay in their homes no matter how long they decide.
>>
>>67132554

hollywood kikes cry about piracy while they come up with shit like this

fucking retarded
>>
>>67139128
Fuck you, fatty
>>
>>67139145
Better be fat and pro-freedom instead of a rotten vermin marxist like you.
>>
i cant wait til the day we can cut out the bullshit middleman and cancerous social bullshit experience of listening to some annoying douchebag clapping or laughing obnoxiously while im trying to enjoy the film
>>
Are there really people who side with JJ Abrams and Peter Jackson on this?
Even disregarding the fact that Cameron and Nolan inb4 >Nolan >good are better directors, they're right about the service completely assfucking the theater industry.
>>
>>67139166
WHY I CAN'T EVEN!

IT'S 2016, HOW CAN YOU NOT ENJOY THE PRESENCE OF OTHERS WHO ARE CHEERING AT POLITICALLY CORRECT BULLSHIT?
>>
>>67139184

why would anyone NOT go to the cinema? the "rent" for this service would be so expensive anyway that you could just use the money you save by going to the theater to hire a hooker to get past the no singles policy
>>
>>67133219
You'll notice that one side of this argument has directors making capeshit tier flicks, and the other side has actually good directors.
Pro-tip: the side with Cameron isn't the capeshit side
>>
>>67139236
>hire a hooker to get past the no singles policy

I haven't gone to a theater with another human being in over 20 years and the fact someone could even consider this a thing even half jokingly is the most pathetic thing I've ever heard
>>
>>67133029
you mean screenrips

there is zero way they can't prevent people from capturing the video feed, I don't care what DRM it has
>>
There's literally nothing wrong with creating more options to watch films

Of course the big IMAX darlings are against it, but truth is most films without capes or guns would get more attention through digital releases
>>
>>67139339

its a meme you dip
>>
It will never happen anyway. Lobbyists will shut it down because muh piracy.
>>
>>67139425

No I mean... people actually, really have problems with going to see movies alone. It's bizarre.
>>
>>67133299
>so uh, yeah
kill yourself and your faggot partner!
>>
>>67139339

is the theater owned by you and operated by robots?

why are there no other human beings in your theater?
>>
As much as I want good rips day one, I also want the movies I like to make money, day 1 is a bad idea but a month or 6 weeks after for bigger movies seems like it could be a good idea
>>
>>67134112
only £5.50 for a student ticket here, used to be closer to £4.50
>>
>>67133439

I think he means you can't enjoy the experience on a 4 inch screen.
>>
There's no stopping progress when there's money to be made and general Jewery to be done. 10-20 years from now a new generation will be growing up on the idea of sitting around in their houses with their families paying $50 for a single-use license of the latest blockbuster on opening night. All the profits will go to the studios, and theaters will become a niche little mom-and-pop novelty that hipsters watch old Wes Anderson films at before settling down into a night out at the local barcade. Sorry bros, just be happy you got to be part of the experience while it lasted, even though it devolved into quadannual capeshit in its final years.
Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.