[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Biggest cunt character of all time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6
File: 500_days_summer4[1].png (164 KB, 500x255) Image search: [Google]
500_days_summer4[1].png
164 KB, 500x255
Biggest cunt character of all time?
>>
>>67131893
Yeah, he was pretty immature. He should've just let her go once it was clear she wasn't feeling the relationship anymore. Trying to be a he-man dudebro in the bar scene was pathetic too.
>>
>Man uses a woman without any consideriation for her feelings
Terrible piece of shit player:pure scum
>Woman uses a man without any consideration for his feelings
New aged woman, she clearly expressed that she wasn't interested in a relationship, it was his fault for having feelings for her and wanting more
>>
She didn't really do him wrong.
She said upfront "Hey, I'm not looking for a relationship."
>>
>>67131893
i understand her
and i understand him too
i remember i didn't and i hated her back when i was 13 but i rewatched recently and i guess i grew up since then
>>
>>67132536

This. She never led him on. If anything his "PLZ RESPOND" is what kept him in the forever alone zone.
>>
>>67132536
They clearly fall in love and she is too stubborn to admit that she's going back on her original game plan with a guy that she discussed this plan with, one that shares a lot of similarities with her. So she gets married to a different guy instead.

Now imagine the next time you see your ex is after she's engaged/married and this ex told you "I don't want to get married to anyone, it's just not me." That shit hurts mate.
>>
>>67132468
? in your second example, she clearly stated she wasn't interested, right? the other party could take that into consideration and walk away. it's the fact that he ignored her stating that she wasn't interested and kept trying to make it happen that's the problem.
>>
>>67132799
Women do the same thing all the time and the male is the bad guy because he won't "be a man" and commit to her.
>>
The more i watch this movie the more upset i get

So i just stopped, shes an awfull women-character.
I don't understand why women can just fall out of love, frigid bitch piece of shit. And then she goes to the place he always goes and says how much she cares about him and all that mindfucking shit women do.

Her only good performance, i bet shes a huge frigid bitch irl
>>
>>67132869
We are talking about a specific situation in a movie m80
>>
>>67132754

I don't think she ever "falls in love" with him to begin. She might like him but he's way more into her than she is into him. They share tender moments, but it becomes clear that her interest in him declines the more he's convinced she's the one.
>>
>>67132919
And I'm talking about the specific reaction and opinions people have in relation to that situation, mate
>>
>>67131893
Looks like Elijah Wood in drag from that profile.

wew
>>
>>67132943
Your whining about double standards is irrelevant m800
>>
>>67132995
Not really.
>>
>>67133033
You sure argued the fuck outta your point, dude.
>>
summer was just a straight up manipulative bitch. yea let's do all the stuff couples do, but we aren't officially together. what the fuck is that? oh, but she made it clear beforehand what his expectations should be, so she gets a pass and none of it is her fault.

nah, sorry, that's just playing with someone emotionally. the guy was a weak fuck and summer was just an airhead twit that avoids responsibility.
>>
>>67133117

1000% this
>>
>>67133117
yeah
>>
>>67132995
It's relevant to the film we're discussing. Pretty blatantly, too, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>67133117
Is it presented as being solely the fault of the guy?
>>
>>67133262
How
>>
>>67132418
>Trying to be a he-man dudebro in the bar scene was pathetic too.

But the relationship was going fine at this point. He thought they were an item.
>>
>>67133117
>but she made it clear beforehand what his expectations should be, so she gets a pass and none of it is her fault.

She didn't actually do that. Which is just more flak for her actually.
>>
>>67133279
Yeah, that's the point of the movie. Even Joseph Gordon-Levitt himself has said that the male lead isn't someone you should want to be like.
>>
>>67133279
the actor himself tried to blame it solely on the guy, and everyone ate it up and started blaming everything on the guy

it's bullshit. both of them were at fault for the situation they got themselves in. summer for being an airhead that floats through life without a care in the world and the guy for projecting nonsense onto her
>>
>>67133371
Doesn't she say when they are in the store that she doesn't want to commit or something?
>>
>>67133391
and summer shouldn't be someone that any girl should be like either

they were both shitty in their own way and that's what everyone should take away from this movie. not who to side with.
>>
>>67133279

Absolutely not.

>>67133391

What? No it isn't get your projections out of here. What the movie does is portray a fucked up relationship solely from Tom's point of view. Summer is not shown to be in a good light at all as this thread would have you believe, and Tom isn't shown to be some pathetic fuck. In fact the movie is much more stacked against Summer because her actions are fucked up.

>>67133417

I don't remember anything like that and I've seen the movie a lot.
>>
>>67133433
>I don't remember anything like that and I've seen the movie a lot.
They are fucking around in ikea and they jump on a bed, then she says something along the lines of "I don't want a relationship" and he clearly misinterprets it and says something like "yeah that's cool lets take it slow"
>>
>>67133433
I think the worst part against summer is that she KNEW before they even got 'together' that he was clearly way more into her than she was into him, and yet she still played along with him and does all lovey dovey shit couples do

that's just not right, I don't know what to call it other than playing with someone emotionally

sorry, but this movie just really pisses me off.
>>
>>67133516

Oh right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPKOvaTSGBg

Everything else I said still stands. Immediately after telling him about the not serious shit she makes the move to hold his hand. What kinda shit is that.

And it's definitely worth noting that folks whom I've talked to about this movie have also agreed that Summer's actions are pretty reprehensible.

>>67133587

Precisely.
>>
>>67133433
>get your projections out of here
What projections?

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/joseph-gordon-levitt-my-character-in-500-days-of-s/280703

>Speaking to Playboy, however, he said: "The (500) Days Of Summer attitude of 'He wants you so bad' seems attractive to some women and men, especially younger ones. But I would encourage anyone who has a crush on my character to watch it again and examine how selfish he is."

>Despite making it clear that he "really liked" the film, he added: "He develops a mildly delusional obsession over a girl onto whom he projects all these fantasies. He thinks she’ll give his life meaning because he doesn’t care about much else going on in his life."

>"A lot of boys and girls think their lives will have meaning if they find a partner who wants nothing else in life but them," he concluded. "That’s not healthy. That’s falling in love with the idea of a person, not the actual person."
>>
>girl strings guy along then breaks his heart for sport the movie
>>
>>67133391
>>67133393
Just sounds like JGL is retarded. Everyone I've ever talked to about the movie has had negative opinions about both characters
>>
>>67133587
>>that's just not right
it is right, logical. what would the woman take the fruits of the attempts from men to satisfy her ?
>>
>>67133649
tbf that last paragraph is solid advice
>>
After I saw him jogging in that commercial

YES, PURE CUNT

and he was a VERY weird cuck in 3rd Rock
>>
>>67133649
JGL needs to rewatch the movie and focus on how summer subtly strings his character along throughout the movie

he's a sjw anyway so his opinion is worthless
>>
>>67133649

The film does not make it out to entirely be Tom's fault. Both parties are at fault, but JGL is not wrong at all: Tom is unambitious despite having a STRONG interest in architecture. He's a greeting card writer for fuck's sake, Summer and he himself both know that's not what he wants. One of the things to take from the movie is to get your OWN shit together before you decide to look for someone to fuck on the regular. Learning to love yourself and all that shit.

To reiterate, both fuckers are at fault Summer perhaps more so.
>>
here's an idea. every time summer speaks, mute the sound. don't listen to what she says and just watch her actions. it's all types of fucked up.
>>
>>67133824
But sound is important
>>
>>67133824

I might do this. What does she do?
>>
>>67131893
yeah, he was a pretty huge pussy.
>>
>>67133892
I never did it, but using my imagination - if you don't listen to a word she says, they are literally boyfriend and girlfriend doing boyfriend and girlfriend things, and then she just leaves
>>
>>67133924
Is that how you try to understand people?
>Babe why aren't you listening ro me?
>I won't answer, and I won't listen to her. Just look at her actions.
>I'm trying to talk to you, goddamn it!
>Why she frustrated about nothing? Women are so illogical.
>Anon, please just say something.
>Now she looks like she wants to cry. Typical woman.
>I can't take this anymore, I'm out of here. I'll come back for my stuff later.
>Fucking whore. All women are the same.
>>
>>67132920
This guy obvi right. >>67132754 stop having feelings you baby
>>
File: tumblr_lhtz202oz11qg4blro1_1280.jpg (193 KB, 639x800) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lhtz202oz11qg4blro1_1280.jpg
193 KB, 639x800
>>67131893
You're a cunt, your kids are cunts, you'll always be a cunt
>>
ITT: frustrated guys projecting their failures with grills
>>
>>67135182
>not reading the thread

there's like one guy defending don jon
>>
Isn't this whole movie from an unreliable/subjective POV? Whats all this talk about her giving mixed signals when he was established to have read them wrong to begin with?
>>
File: 500 days of summer suffering.webm (1 MB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
500 days of summer suffering.webm
1 MB, 1280x536
>>
>>67131893
I didn't think she was a cunt, I think she's presented that way because we are looking at the guy's perspective of the situation, but in reality she didn't do much wrong. From the way I understood it, she just wanted to have an enjoyable, relaxed relationship with no expectations, but he always thought of it as more than that even though she told him she didn't to be in a traditional couple relationship. She knew that he expected more from their relationship, and that is what turned her off. She didn't want a stressful relationship with expectations, she just wanted to live in the moment and have somebody to share those moments with. She fell in love with a different guy because he wasn't clingy and he just shared the moments with her instead of worrying about what to call them. She wasn't really leading the guy on, he just had unrealistic expectations for their relationship and didn't understand her feelings.
>>
>>67135005
YOU TAKE BACK THAT PART ABOUT MY CUNT FUCKING KIDS
>>
File: image.jpg (817 KB, 1682x945) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
817 KB, 1682x945
>>67132901
I bet he would agree
>>
>>67132468
Men don't have faggy feelings like that, JGL was a faggy douche who deserved to suffer.
>>
>>67132901
>I don't understand why women can just fall out of love

She was never in love with him, retard.
>>
>>67137475
That's because women can never truly love anyone but themselves
>>
>>67137448
after listening to him on a couple podcasts and seeing the lyrics to the songs about LA and stuff on his new album, god do i feel bad for him

he even says he's partly to blame but damn she really did a number on him
>>
File: Skyler_White.jpg (79 KB, 930x1243) Image search: [Google]
Skyler_White.jpg
79 KB, 930x1243
>>
>>67132575
You are too young to be here. Fuck off.
>>
File: 1458208777700.gif (1 MB, 453x301) Image search: [Google]
1458208777700.gif
1 MB, 453x301
>>67131893
Yeah but it's JGL what do you expect?
>>
>>67131893
Would you prefer them being kinda-sorta happy for the rest of their lives? She met a guy with whom she felt a real connection it would have been retarded if she stayed with jgl on some kind of a principle.

By letting jgl go she's also given him a chance to find a true connection. The only really cuntish thing she did was invating him to her engagement party yet there was no reason for her to do that : at no point during her characterisation was it indicated that she would do something like that so I would say that it's writer's fuck up. Though if she was a person like that all along then it's all the better that they broke up.

By the way I can't really remember did she provide any decent reason for inviting jgl to that party ?
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.