[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: george-lucas_0.jpg (2 MB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
george-lucas_0.jpg
2 MB, 3000x2000
What went wrong?
>>
>>67131537
selling star wars
>>
>>67131537
Autistic fanbase, myself included.
>>
He's white which means he was never actually creative at all he just stole ideas from people of color and when they finally started to speak up, he had to write his own stuff and it was shit.
>>
https://youtu.be/l08Qzz4j-I0?t=50m20s
>>
>>67131588
Fucking classic
>>
>>67131537
https://youtu.be/2jzZOgLH4KU
>>
hes a multibillionare who made the most famous franchise ever. whats wrong?
>>
File: SeyfriedThisIs.jpg (575 KB, 850x1200) Image search: [Google]
SeyfriedThisIs.jpg
575 KB, 850x1200
>>67131537
Success. Too much success. Being surrounded by too many Yes men. Sticking to one franchise and milking it for all it was worth. Never trying something different. Played it too safe.
>>
>>67131537
He acquired the means and authority to make his movies without constraint or revision by other people.
Look at star wars.
A New Hope: Perfect. Lucas had to compromise a lot though and was forced to use practical effects.

Empire strikes back: Perfect. Lucas wasn't even the director.

Return of the Jedi: ewoks. Lucas is starting to consolidate power and wants more money.

Prequels: Shit. Lucas gets to make everything he wants to without anybody being able to stop him and he wants all the money.

Lucas is just a retarded fanboy.
Look at Luke Skywalker.
Luke Skywalker
Luke S.
Lukas
>>
File: jazz-hands.jpg (171 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
jazz-hands.jpg
171 KB, 1024x768
>>67132374
>Luke Skywalker
>Luke S.
>Lukas

POTTERY!
>>
>>67131537
He had nobody powerful enough to stop him. Nobody to shoot down his stupid ideas, which resulted in the 3 worst big budget films ever made. Yes, worse than gigli.
In the end, his overconfidence was his weakness.
>>
>>67132360
>milking the franchise all it was worth
6 films in 30 years is milking it? you do know that there will be 6 star wars films in the next 6 years right
>>
>>67131537
He shits his pants ... i worked with him in revenge of the sith , the dude actually shits his pants , he doesn't want to stand up because everyone can smell shit, i once asked this assistant "what is this smell" he pointed towards george, i said what did you mean by this? and he said "George lucas has defecated inside his underwear and is now sitting on it and gonna pretend to stay there thinking things rereading the script just so when everyone is gone he can stand up and leave."
Thats why he made all prequels sitting down, if he stood up the molten diarrhea would leak down his legs so he would sit there using his ass warmt as an oven til shit reach a drier state so he can walk up with it stuck inside his pants.
>>
>>67132636
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEwjogp4wIo
>>
>>67132421
Jedi outcast, my favorite starwars game. I wish someday kyle would be introduced into the canon
>>
File: Behind-the-scenes-the-shining.jpg (95 KB, 600x434) Image search: [Google]
Behind-the-scenes-the-shining.jpg
95 KB, 600x434
You see this with all filmmakers. They're at their best earlier in their career not necessarily because they're younger, but because fame, money, and entitlement haven't yet jaded their worldview. They still remember what it is to be hungry and have trouble paying the rent, so they're more in touch with what resonates with you and me.

But once they're acclimated into a culture of privilege and they're being told that everything they do is "genius", their priorities shift. They can no longer put themselves into your "seat" and know what it is that appeals to you. tldr: they're out of touch.

Kubrick was the only director to mostly avoid this, but it's worth noting that he walked away from Hollywood proper and had enough distance from the vapid Wilshire Blvd types that he kept his mind from atrophying.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.