[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you're over the age of 14 and care about spoilers, then
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 636x460design_01.jpg (266 KB, 636x460) Image search: [Google]
636x460design_01.jpg
266 KB, 636x460
If you're over the age of 14 and care about spoilers, then you're emotionally stunted and need to grow up.
>>
My little brother bought me this shirt for Christmas. I haven't worn it yet
>>
>>67117175
good
you'd look really juvenile desu senpai
>>
>>67117107
this is bait but heres my reply anyway
I look at a lot of film like an art form (it is)
I want to go on a emotional journey and I cant do so if a major part is already revealed to me.
>>
File: 1436754763114.gif (4 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1436754763114.gif
4 MB, 400x300
I just want to go in fresh.
>>
Oh shit, DONNIE DIES
>>
>>67117107
>Donnie dies
Thats not even a spoiler
Its just the intro to the real plot.
>>
>>67117344
Legitimately not bait.
>caring about the plot
>I look at a lot of film like an art form
Sure you do
>>
>>67117462
How is being 12?
if you cannot look at films as more than a time waster why even bother watching them, do something else
>>
>>67117568
>How is being 12?
I could ask you the same question
>OMG HE SPOILED IT FOR ME GOD LIKE UGH YOU JUST RUINED IT
Maybe now you can look at the movie from perspectives that actually matter rather than OMG WHO'S GONNA DIE
>>
>>67117268
Dumb ghettoposter
>>
>>67117344
yes

many films are structured such that the reveal of an event or "twist" is integral to achieving the desired catharsis eg memento

>>67117462
film is often plot-based
>>
>>67117678
All your post is telling me is that you're watching really shitty films. Film is not "often plot-based". What about character studies? What about documentaries? What about a movie like Do the Right Thing where there is literally no plot? In a couple years when you grow out of Nolan shit then you'll understand how idiotic you are being.
>>
>>67117752
>omg you enjoy the vast majority of films and I will now list the kinds of films that are not plot based to some how suggest you are a bigot
stop sucking dicks man
Spoilers can be more than just deaths too
You obviously do not immerse yourself
>>
File: 1383979113871.jpg (37 KB, 396x498) Image search: [Google]
1383979113871.jpg
37 KB, 396x498
>"Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy, designed to infantalize the consumer as a means of non-aggressive control."
- Simon Pegg

>"A sweet-faced boy of twelve told me proudly that he had seen Star Wars over a hundred times? I said, 'do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?' He burst into tears. I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities"
- Alec Guinness

>"I don't think they are making [comic book movies] an elevated art form, I think it's still just Batman running around in a stupid cape.. It's for kids, it's adolescent in its core. "
- David Cronenberg

>"I don't want to see or make films about super heroes that fly around in spandex and a cape solving the problems of the world. I think it's fine for children, children of all ages by the way, but it's not for me."
- William Friedkin

>“They have been poison, this cultural genocide, Because the audience is so overexposed to plot and explosions and shit that doesn’t mean nothing about the experience of being human.”
- Alejandro Iñárritu

>"Superman makes me vomit, Batman and all of that. That whole empire... this religion... It is so important that superheroes suffer... I don't give a damn, I shit on the United States."
- Alejandro Jodorowsky

>"To my mind, this embracing of what were unambiguously children's characters at their mid-20th century inception seems to indicate a retreat from the admittedly overwhelming complexities of modern existence"
- Alan Moore

>"The movies are for children but they don't want to admit that... There is a small group of fans that do not like comic sidekicks. They want the films to be tough like The Terminator, and they get very upset and opinionated about anything that has anything to do with being childlike."
- George Lucas
>>
>>67117828
So you're telling me that knowing Blondie gets the treasure at the end of TGTB&TU would ruin my experience if I were to watch it? As I said movies are more than just the plot, and caring so much about the plot is a juvenile, video game player thing to do.
>>
>Neo is the one

Except it's Agent Smith
>>
>>67117880
>caring about the plot is juvenile
stop now, you are buckling
Certain movies it means more too obviously, if you spoil some things it doesnt matter but something more extreme can make the experience disappointing, you can still enjoy the film but you dont get the FULL emotional experience
>>
>>67117752
often doesn't mean always my man
the fact remains that there exist films in which aspects of the plot are important to the emotional effect the writer/director wants to induce. that doesnt devalue other films. it's weird that you're so aggravated by this, anon

>In a couple years when you grow out of
you are exactly 21 years old
>>
>>67117107
This. I'm seeing it twice I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>67117623
>>67117880
also you seem to be under the impression that spoilers "ruin" the experience. they never do. at most they lessen it (and only in certain situations), and even that not significantly, but you should still respect other people
>>
>>67117939
If you don't get the FULL emotional experience that's on you, stupid.
>>
Saying a character dies just to "troll" people is juvenile. Nobody here is over 25 anymore, Jesus
>>
>>67118100
>this is the part where he is betrayed by his best friends and stabbed in the back, and the empire falls.
Oh yeah sorry I knew that part so it didnt really phase me that much
this is what I mean by the full experience, you dont feel the shock as much, or the betrayal as much. Sure it can still have value but a lot of it is lost if you know it's coming a little like a jumpscare.
>>
>>67117107
>his friends are all part of his beautiful mind

that actually did spoil me, and on an old movie too, fuck you asshole
>>
>>67118240
Hahaha good riddance faggot.
>>
>>67118325
I figured it out, you legitimately no joke must have autism
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.