[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Realistic, how would this movie be received if it was released
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (312 KB, 439x431) Image search: [Google]
image.png
312 KB, 439x431
Realistic, how would this movie be received if it was released in this era?
>>
Exactly the same, with maybe one or two obligatory 'women are people too' scenes here and there. The original has them, but they're too subtle.

When will /tv/ understand that men in drag aren't controversial anymore?
>>
It would have gone from spearheading feel-good dudes-dressed-as-grannies pablum to being completely derivative. Same with asking what would happen to any other fucking movie if it went from the front lines to the back.
>>
If it was made in this day, it wouldn't be about a father cross dressing in order to get close and watch over his kids, instead it would focus on gender identity with Robin Williams eventually accepting his life as a female and going through with the full sex change.

It would receive thousands of awards and praise by critics everywhere as it tells the beautiful story of the struggles that transgendered go through everyday.
>>
It'd get torn a new one by trannies.
>>
The only joke that would go badly is the one where his ex-wife hangs up on one of his pretend callers solely for being transexual.
>>
>>67117457
oh yeah, lol
>>
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

LAYLA, GET BACK IN YOUR CELL

DON'T MAKE ME GET THE HOSE

...hello?
>>
>>67117011
Oi it was such a shanda! I shall never buy gribenes from a Mohel, it was so chewy!
>>
>Robin Williams is still dead
>>
>>67117583
this is a filthy joke
>>
>>67117011
well it's banned in Sweden so there's your answer
>>
>>67117669
wtf?
>>
>It was a run by fruiting!
>>
>>67117669
source?
>>
It would be exactly the same, but /tv/ would call it SJW pandering
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.