[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most overrated film ever?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Eraserhead.jpg (16 KB, 220x290) Image search: [Google]
Eraserhead.jpg
16 KB, 220x290
Most overrated film ever?
>>
It's kind of like the salad fingers of the pre-internet era. A curiosity
>>
>97%
>10 academy award noms, 7 wins

humanity was a mistake
>>
>>67107595
I've watched this movie multiple times and i still don't get it or like it.
>>
edgy shit that 'artsy' teenage girls say they love
>>
lych is a hack
>>
>>67107655
I literally do not undeerstand the hype of this movie. I even liked the Cloony version of Solaris, but Gravity bored me to tears.
>>
>>67107655
Its only good if you get to watch it on Imax3d.

Mediocre in cinema.

Trash on everything else.
>>
>>67107595
Prime kino
>>
>>67107595
It might be overrated, but it's probably for the best.
Lynch is one of the few directors that gets to contradict hollywood ideology and still get recognized.
>>
File: ambien hustle.jpg (218 KB, 636x941) Image search: [Google]
ambien hustle.jpg
218 KB, 636x941
>>67107655
>93%
>10 noms, 0 wins (i think on some subconscious level people realized they'd been had but didn't want to explore why or admit it
>SAME FUCKING YEAR

awe-inspiring how such a "who the fuck cares, seriously" story could actually get made into a movie and get people to act like they just saw a work of art. i felt like i was going to die of natural causes.

while gravity was a good filter, this seemed like the ultimate "pretend to like it for reasons" movie. just why??
>>
>>67107595
Read some Kafka.Educate yourself.
>>
File: are you fucking kidding me.jpg (57 KB, 486x720) Image search: [Google]
are you fucking kidding me.jpg
57 KB, 486x720
>87%
>director gets the right to go ruin another iconic franchise

why was this allowed? seriously, what the fuck was in the water in 2013?
>>
star wars
>>
>>67107835
Because of the cast, I would imagine. Bale, Renner, Cooper, and that hag J Law are all pleb magnets
>>
Lord of the Rings trilogy
>>
>>67107595

I honestly like it, I liked it right away. And I saw it.. 2006? 2007? It was always a cult, but it hadn't been hyped to me at that point, or memed to death. Because I didn't go to the midnight movies, back then.

You can read much of the weird shit as humor, a stilted kind anyway, that I happen to like. When Henry goes in his gf's house and there's all the suckling dogs and awkward pauses, the whole point is to make this already-nervous guy as uncomfortable as possible, in a heavy-handed/over the top/'artistic' way. This same stilted-ness is everywhere else in Lynch's stuff. Sometimes it's jarring to the point of being annoying, but often it serves a purpose, or gives you an excuse to just look at whatever dingy apartment we're in, depending on the movie.

Part of why I liked it is that it is comparable to Edward Gorey stories I read as a kid. Black-and-white weirdness, seems vaguely 'old' and un-American, but when you pay attention, it's America all over.

Oddly, on the disc Lynch actually does sit and talk about the movie and production, which is out of character for him, but of course this is a pretty important 'baby' for him, so you do want to say some things about it, I guess. He told one story about how he was connected with this 'advanced-student-film' project, that was looking to support young directors. In Lynch's telling, one big important studio bigshot said, "this is NOT the kind of movie that we make here at the advanced-student-bla-bla-bla", and the guy who liked Lynch just shot right back "...This is EXACTLY the kind of movie we make here, at the advanced-student-bla-bla."
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.