[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Hi, I'm the thing killing horror movies right now How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: mobile phone.jpg (133 KB, 1024x655) Image search: [Google]
mobile phone.jpg
133 KB, 1024x655
>Hi, I'm the thing killing horror movies right now

How do we get rid of smart phones in movies that doesn't involve painful writing about bad signals or setting it in the 80's/90's?
>>
They can get easily broken
>>
maybe the horror creature fucks with your phone. e.g. you tap the screen desperately, it won't respond, it starts vibrating weirdly (within the limits of a phone) or maybe the screen pixels start spelling out weird shit. demonic faces, e.g. your Mum "calls" you, it's actually the demon fucking around with you.
>>
Set it in an alternate reality where phones don't exist.
>>
File: joey.png (217 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
joey.png
217 KB, 400x400
Phone gets soaked/smashed/broken while fleeing from the monster. If it's a whole group of people the monster has electric interference or some shit. Who would you need to call anyways? 911 is not gonna kill a fucking monster, m8. If it's a human horror flick then the bad guy gets your phone somehow.
>>
>>67104173
Takashi Miike already did it, and Ed Burns already Americanised it. Guess which one was a masterpiece and which one was lacklustre.
>>
You cant find your phone
>>
>>67104339

what's the name of Miike's adaptation? i've only seen audition and i'm interested in exploring his filmography.
>>
>>67103399
Funny Games and particularly Funny Games US did it perfectly.

Those aren't really regular horror films, though (if you would even call them horror).
>>
>>67104624

One Missed Call (2003). Deconstructed the shit out of J-Horror so hard it pretty much killed the genre at the time.
>>
Phone breaks or something
>>
Do what Scream did and make the phone one of the villains tools.

If you have your phone on you, I can know where you are at all times.

Also, spiritual entities/ghosts don't give a fuck about phones.
>>
>>67103399
The battery runs out faster than a nigger runs out of a house he tried to rob
>>
>>67104664

I call them shit.
>>
>>67105127
That is good
>>
>>67105200
Pleb.
>>
Something like The Ring where the spooky ghost has some control over the phone. Like whenever you call someone you just hear the ghost taunting you.
Or maybe the ghost starts off weak but every time you make a phone call it gets stronger.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.