[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cID aUoO4fjI You know /tv/,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7
File: 42.jpg (7 KB, 301x167) Image search: [Google]
42.jpg
7 KB, 301x167
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIDaUoO4fjI

You know /tv/, everyone talks about The Joker or Hanz Gruber as awesome bad guys BUT everyone forgets to mention Clarence motherfuckin' Boddicker, this guy is the ultimate badass, he does not give a fuck, he is cool as shit, knows how to dress, has a diverse posse, is not some emo douchebag, he makes the best out of his situation in that shit city. He's a fucking G.

He should be more recognized.

Also /Robocop/ thread.

>mfw watching the extended scenes.
>>
I wish more people would bump this
I fucking love CB and Robocop is one of the best films of the 80's
Top thread my man
>>
>>67102644
Boddicker's rap sheet went for miles
>>
>>67102693
Well shit then you are in the right thread, i'll bump that for a dollar!

>>67102696
Exactly! There was even rape there, he simply doesnt care.
>>
>>67102644
I always enjoyed that he was playing the head bad guy in a kids show around the same time and did a very similar character.
>>
Fuck! almost forgot, this is an amazing talk by Peter Weller, he seems cool as fuck, if you are a fan I highly recommend it, and its an hour long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7iaw_qc0-A
>>
I think the new robocop wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be but it suffered by not having someone like Clarance
That's what you get when you go 12A
Hopefully deadpool has shown them that 15/18 movies can work and we get more
>>
Is that Red Foreman?

Did he stick a boot up Robocops ass?
>>
>>67102909
Hey since the movie takes place in the future Clarence might very well be Red's grandson.

Maybe thats why in the wine scene Clarence doesnt drink the RED wine but only smells it....because it reminds him of his mother Donna.

im too high.
>>
"Bitches leave" is probably my favorite non-Arnold delivered line of the '80s
>>
Bitches, Leave!
>>
File: robocop-1987-movie-title.jpg (83 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
robocop-1987-movie-title.jpg
83 KB, 640x360
A perfect movie.
>>
I think this is another rarely talked about performance.
>>
>>67102965
lol

RoboCop is one of the best films ever. Clarence Boddicker was integral to the success. I like when he uses his mouth to pull the pin off the grenade. Sick fuck.
>>
>>67103113
hmmm sorry cant remember that movie but im not surprised if he hits it out of the park, ive been a fan since Third rock from the sun, then in that movie were he plays a guy with double personality and then as the Trinity killer, amazing actor as always.
>>
>>67103235
>hasn't seen cliffhanger
dude...
>>
Bitches leave

What are the extended scenes?
>>
>>67102749
Peter Weller is a cool guy But Harry Knowles is a disgusting fat fuck and a bad person.
>>
>>67103331
what ever happened to Harry's kikestarter project?
>>
>>67102696
he ran old Detroit
>>
C A N
Y O U
F L Y
B O B B Y
>>
BITCHES
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtOWNw--azY

robocop is goaty as fuck
>>
>>67103378
Pretty sure nothing will ever come of it. Rumours about him using the money to pay of tax debt and buy a car.
>>
I love when they get the .50 cals with explosive rounds. Also Ray Wise is in it too. It really is a great 80s movie, the sequel went to comic book-ish like the Conan sequel did too.

Also didn't Verhouven use Robocop as an allegory for Christ?

One more thing. Was Detroit already in it's decline at the time the movie was written? It seems almost prophetic. Although it didn't take a psychic to see that 80s America was the coolest turd that was circling the drain back when.
>>
he's so weird that he's bald and has glasses and yet is still the most evil and menacing nutcase ever
>>
I agree OP. Clarence Boddicker is the man. So fucking based. He's the ultimate 80's action movie villain. He's dangerous, he's smart and acts as he talks. He'll do coke, he'll fuck bitches, he'll shoot cops point blank. Boddicker not only understands his place in the world, he truly embraces it with a deep cynical joy.

Robocop is a fucking classic, anyone who disagree is a fucking pleb
>>
>>67103672
Thats because he's the type of crazy that would do anything to take you down, even if it means to bite your nose off.
>>
File: 3drobo1.jpg (128 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
3drobo1.jpg
128 KB, 700x525
>>67103691
>mfw Todd Mcfarlane made a 3D poster of that.

check it our robo fám, thats cool as shit.
>>
C'MON SAL
THE TIGERS ARE PLAYING
ba da bum
TO-NIGHT
I never miss a game.
>>
Why was his sidekick so generic? I mean, imagine if he never became RobertCop. They'd be just another couple of cops killed by Boddicker or a little league team.
>>
>>67102965
my new favourite fan theory.
>>
>>67103797
The ultimate badass.

SPAT! Just give me my fucking phonecall.
>>
>>67103801
nah fám Lewis is the reason Robertcop regains his memories, its her curious personality and eye for detail, remember she just met the guy and already remembers that he likes to do a cowboy move with his gun.

If it was just another bimbo cop then he would be a robot forever.

In a sense she is the one that brought Alex back to life, not technology but love.
>>
cant believe it took me so long to realize the actor is red from 70s show
>>
>>67102726
>rape
What? I don't remember any rape in robocop
>>
>>67103113
>>67102644
Also Weasley snipes in demolition man
>>
>>67103895
When Robocop access the OCP files you can see Boddicker's rap sheet, one of the first crimes is rape, then suspected murder, etc.

Fuck he was such an alpha, he just strolls into OCP with a slick suit and stick his gum on the secretary desk, then flirts with her and she feels scared and aroused.
>>
Did anybody else love the police cruisers? Sure they were Ford Taurus' with a flat black paint job, but I just can't help liking them.

Actually you can own and paint one yourself for under $1,500.
>>
>>67103932
That goes without saying my negro, that movie is amazing in MANY levels.

>the fat guy from beetlejuice
>the battle in the museum
>curse machine
>prime Sandra Bullock

If you want to talk about Demolition Man go ahead.
>>
>>67103974
Yeah ever since I watched it when I was a kid I loved them, that black matte finish makes it menacing but also real, it doesnt have booping lights or radars, its a fuckin cruiser ready to crack your head open.
>>
>>67103983
I havent seen it in forever (been meaning to get round to watching it again).

But that scene where the future cops first meet snipes always gets me, it really highlights how snipes just gives zero fucks about just living a good life and just wants to fuck shit up. It seemed a very honest portrayed of a non-loyal thug
>>
File: dpd3.jpg (114 KB, 1345x695) Image search: [Google]
dpd3.jpg
114 KB, 1345x695
>>67104004

>Ford Taurus
To give the original movie a futuristic look, RoboCop and his colleagues used the Ford Taurus, which wasn't actually a police car back then, but featured the most cutting edge design of any sedan of the era.
>>
>>67103932
Demolition Man has probably the most hilarious depiction of the future in all of fiction.
http://youtu.be/dz4HEEiJuGo
>>
>>67103932
Also I forgot to add to this post.

Mike ironside in turbo kid
The British guy from the patriot
Dennis hopper in pretty much anything (he saved Waterworld, even if he chews the scenery)
>>
Arnold's Total Recall was made around the same time. So many great action films made in the mid to late 80s and early 90s.
>>
>>67104004
The black matte finish really gives it a no nonsense look. You know dirty shits going to happen and nothing's going to be glamorized.
>>
>>67104082
I love how no matter where they are, if someone swears you can hear that stupid fine machine in the background.
>>
>>67103953
The secretary is his wife in real life.
>>
>>67104224
Did Bullock ever have any camel toes in Demolition Man?
>>
>>67103113
Lithgow was also a spooky-as-fuck villain in The Blow Out
>>
>>67102644
real nitpicky here, but it's very strange that robocop can bend the barrel of the gun with the robber still holding on to it (and while keeping it steady).
>>
>>67104517

You're right, that IS very nitpicky
>>
>>67104517
Not at all. He should have just broken the dudes arm and they could have shown us a slight bend in the barrel.
>>
>>67104517
He's crushing the gun, not pulling it.
>>
>>67103932
Sandra Bullocks character in that, Lenina Huxley, is my cinema waifu. So cute and so hot at the same time.

Even that said, the movie aside from her is awesome as well, including her, its one of my all time favourites.

And of course, Robocop is solid gold.
>>
Best death scene in a movie ever
>>
File: 1381257229712.png (48 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
1381257229712.png
48 KB, 280x280
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.