[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now that India Jones 5 has been confirmed what can we expect?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 7
File: images (22).jpg (37 KB, 314x468) Image search: [Google]
images (22).jpg
37 KB, 314x468
So now that India Jones 5 has been confirmed what can we expect?
>>
>>67102357
They probably learned from their mistakes and will make a decent movie. Not as good as the first three but better than Crystal Skull.
>>
It'll be shit.
>>
File: 18r8hb4fy9j9cjpg.jpg (22 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
18r8hb4fy9j9cjpg.jpg
22 KB, 320x240
>>67102357
I just hope they do not rely on too much cgi. Please no cgi animal life!

I was probably the only one who enjoyed the alien ufo twist at the end of Indy 4 (after all what's so different about having aliens in the Indy universe if The ark of the Covenant of God exists?).

My favorite parts of Indy 4 was seeing him run away from those savage natives which brought back nostalgia of the good old days, the warehouse scene was fun and I didn't mind the car chase in the forest although the cgi kinda ruined it.

Indiana Jones to me is all about discovering and adventuring deep into tombs or caves that are located way outside the realms of human life - so as long as we get a good 2 hour film of him exploring, whilst he runs into problems of being tracked by a good sinister villain, I should enjoy it nonetheless.

Indy is married anyone or so he will be in 5 unless they state he got a divorce which would be a stupid decision for a guy who married the love of his life... I doubt Mutt aka Shia will be in it (I entirely forgot Shia was his son as all that just flooded back to me as I'm writing this).

I take it this movie will be set 10 years into the future since the last one so it will be in the 60's?

I thought Ford was outstanding in Force Awakens - did not at all show ANY old age of not being able to move fast so it looks like Ford still has enough energy to be the main hero lead.

JUST DO NOT bring in any young actors like the Expendables 3 did! Spielberg hopefully must understand that no one wants to see a movie with some other younger guy impersonating Ford!

Is George Lucas producing this or is it just Spielberg?

I'd actually love for them to bring back the Nazis. I know there is not much else they can do when it comes to him finding treasure after treasure unless they make a plot where he and the Nazis must race to find this treasure that was built by the Annunaki that holds all secrets of human life haha (Fact: the Nazis were into the occult ).
>>
itll be shit but im still glad its not a retarded reboot
>>
>>67102555
I meant "Indy is married anyway so she will be in 5".
>>
>>67102357
More CGI and crisp, clean digital landscapes.
>>
>>67102569
Very right anon! last thing I want is a fucking reboot with a younger person playing Indy and Ford's version never existed.

I fucking hate reboots! Either do a sequel where the hero passes on his whip/gun or just do not do it at all!
>>
>>67102357
I want Spielberg to realize that the previous film was a total fuck-up.

It will probably be worse. I'll see it regardless.
>>
I just wanted an Indy movie with Bradley Cooper. I think he'd do great and they can just treat indy like James Bond. His stories are somewhat loosely connected and just have him go on a ton of adventures in the 30s
>>
Can someone please explain to me why they decided to write Connery out of 4 and saying that he died?

I mean I know he was Ford's father in 3 so he would be very old compared to Indy's old age but come on! Connery is STILL alive today hence he could have still been alive in 4 as well.

I am hoping that they bring him back and make up a story that they never saw his body and believed he was dead but turns out he wasn't
>>
>>67102555
Nazi base in Antartica. Operation Highjump type stuff.
>>
Can they just get a new actor already? Harrison Ford is cool and all but jeez...
>>
It's a nod from Harisson Ford. He's gonna either kill off Indy, or some shit will happen which will change the way he looks for the future installments with a new lead. Just like with Han Solo, he wants to send off all of his characters with some meaning. Blade Runner's gonna be next.
>>
Might be neat. I never actually got around to watching Crystal Skull.
>>
Probably a rehash of Raiders of the Lost Ark with a new cast replacing the old one. Including several callbacks to the original crew. So basically the Force Awakens of Indiana Jones.
>>
>>67102623
>Can someone please explain to me why they decided to write Connery out of 4 and saying that he died?

Connery told them he retired from acting because filming The League of Extraordinary Gentleman made Connery hate movies.
>>
>>67102623
Because Connery has officially retired from acting and refuses to make any more films.
>>
>>67102618
>>Not Tom Hardy.

Though I guess Bradley Cooper is a good choice.

>>67102623
They wanted to have him in 4. Connery refused like he refuses any role given to him since he's retired. So they had to write him out. I agree it was not the best way to do it, but at least they acknowledged the character.
>>
>>67102765
ok thanks at least I know now

>>67102763
wow he really had such a bad time on Extraordinary Gentleman?
Unless the director made them do 30+ takes for each scene - an actor is hardly in the film's whole production when it comes to editing and slicing it which is all done by the editor's that spend days and days on it so for an actor to hate filmmaking after coming off a set?
>>
>>67102778
well damnit Connery would have made that movie much better. But eh maybe him being old he just doesn't care for doing much at all anymore with life..
>>
>>67102778
Except Sir Billi
>>
>>67102806
This post makes you seem stupid. It's like you don't know what the heck you're talking about.
>>
>>67102740
I don't care if they rehash Raiders but just have Ford as the lead and only lead with some companions. No younger kids taking over him or younger kids who grew up on a farm and heard stories of Indy and so now they must go and find him..

ughh that be terrible!
>>
>>67102778
stop trying to get Christ Pratt or Tom Hardy as Indiana Jones damnit!! They were not born for that role!

I am not saying they aren't great actors I just do not want anyone to ever play Indy apart from Ford.

Let Ford take to his grave this role and let Hollywood invent another movie series for Hardy or this Bradley guy.
>>
>>67102380
As long as Lucas keeps his mouth shut and lets Spielberg do this relatively on his own we should be good.
>>
>>67102826
Just leave the guy alone. You sound like a retarded little kid.
>>
>>67102889
im sure lucas has burnt all bridges with disney
>>
>>67102889
I don't think he's involved at all this time
>>
File: 18905049-1024-440.jpg (72 KB, 1024x440) Image search: [Google]
18905049-1024-440.jpg
72 KB, 1024x440
>>67102878
I agree with you, same goes for Han Solo.
>>
>>67102357
Doesn't anyone remember the end of Crystal Skull? This movie will probably be Mutt taking over the legacy of Indy.
>>
I used to watch Temple of Doom every year on Easter growing up, just kinda realized how fucked up that was. Guess I never thought about how dark it was, just another Indy movie. I really do like Temple of Doom, though. It's such an interesting changeup from Raiders, tonally and thematically. I wish it had been a little better written, because I think if so it would by far be my favorite.
>>
>>67102947
Ford and Spielberg wouldn't want him anywhere near this.
>>
>>67102947
well shia is pretty based now so either he will refuse it to do weird performance art or he will become a totally based madman indiana jones and it will be awesome
>>
>>67102947
No it's not man. They were originally gonna do this after 4 came out but the fan reaction of hating Mutt as the new Indy made them cancel it.

Hence why there has been no Indy film since because they've been trying to think of something entirely different.
>>
>>67102947
I can literally only remember the giant alien head looking at the screen, the ant scene, the monkey jungle vines scene, and the fact that they replaced nazis with russians. Its an entirely forgettable movie.
>>
>>67103014
I remember a shaved John Hurt clapping in the church.
>>
>>67103014
I disagree, I think it's got some prime comfy jungle exploration and dangerous adventure stuff, it just so happens that a lot of it is poorly written and the plot itself is kind of dumb and there's a lot of CGI and some casting mistakes were made. It's still fun on its own, if a little long, but it certainly has large flaws
>>
I just hope Ford doesn't have a heart attack or pass away before 2019... the guy is aging and the stress from force awakens with the broken foot probably made him more weaker.

Please God do not let him die :(
>>
>>67103056
I agree with you. I saw the movie twice when it came out and absolutely loved it! A very fun adventurous film.

I remember reading the novelisation how it spent the first 5 pages explaining about who the characters driving that car in the beginning were (those teens who nearly drove over that animal that made the Paramount sign). Weird since they are only extras and never show up again in the movie...
>>
>"Indiana Jones is one of the greatest heroes in cinematic history, and we can’t wait to bring him back to the screen in 2019,” said Alan Horn, Chairman, The Walt Disney Studios.
>The Walt Disney Studios
>Disney
Wait what the fuck!?
>>
>>67103120
they bought lucasfilm
>>
>>67103141
ohhh shit I forgot they also own the rights to Indiana Jones too -_-

well looks like it's gonna star young kids as the leads now... damnn
>>
>>67103096
I remember its opening night. I was 13 and my brother had a little league game so I made my parents drop me off at the movies. I came out just not really feeling anything. It was hard for to grasp that they fucked up certain parts of my favorite franchise. But I've come to appreciate it more. I still don't think it's all that good, but it is fun and I really enjoy watching Ford in almost anything. I'm looking forward to him saying goodbye to Indy in 5, but I hope they do it in a better way than with SW. It will be sad to see him die, but maybe he doesn't have to. Maybe he just has to settle down. I just hope the script is good.
>>
"The New Indiana Jones Film brought to you by Disney, starring a female bright school girl lead who shows Indy what it means to be a proper human being. Also starring, a gay couple who hassle Indy on his new adventure".

>I have a bad feeling about this.

vid related:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve88BGz0nPc
>>
This game was pretty damn good. Captured the vibe of Indiana Jones movies perfectly.
>>
>>67103365
I rented it and got stuck at the giant crocodile part when I was pretty young. I need to get it again because I loved what I played.

You ever played The Fate of Atlantis? LucasArts point and click game from the 90s, tons of fun and globetrotting adventure. Far too silly to be straight up adapted, but the story is pretty good. I never read any of the novels but I bet there's some good stuff there
>>
There have been no good skeleton movies for years. I want to see indy take on an army of spooky skeletons.
>>
I hope ISIS are the bad guys in it.

Sick of this anti-Nazi shit.
>>
I hope it's an adaptation of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 1000x1320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 1000x1320
>>67102357
>>
>>67103411
hello /pol/
>>
>>67103250
Don't watch it then. But I seriously doubt they'd do that to Indiana Jones. It isn't as popular as the Star Wars franchise, and they'd realize they really have to consider the fan base to make it work. A strong female character is fine, but don't make her a Mary Sue or the lead. If Indy is replaced, he should be replaced by the Mutt character (could even replace the actor but keep the same character) or Ford should reprise the role. Maybe they could even try doing the Ford/Connery thing as a sort of initiation for the new character taking his place. But would the movie have to change its name then? Mutt Jones and the Euthanization of Indiana.
>>
>>67103405
No, I haven't. I've been meaning to check it out, but I am not a big fan of SCUMM games, so I'm not sure when I will get around to it.

And the crodocile part is pretty easy. Just swim to the side room, lure the crocodile in, then quickly close the gate to trap it.
>>
Since Harrison Ford is getting so old and tired and nobody wants to see Mutt or some wannabe take over his role, they'll probably get someone to be a younger Indiana Jones like they're doing with the younger Han Solo movie.

My biggest complaint with Crystal Skull is that there was barely any investigating done at all about the artifact. They fly to South America investigate like one site, then boom they're at the lost city.
>>
>>67103411
All kidding aside, if it takes place after WWII again, I want to see the Soviet Union return as villains and actually make them villainous this time.
>>
>>67103604
No more Russians! Nazis please again they are the most threatening. But since Disney is doing it, doubt they would allow Nazis to be in it due to "kids" watching :( oh boy
>>
>>67103513
It's kind of a hard one to get into since it doesn't offer much help for you like the remakes of the Monkey Island games, but it's a good story and Indy himself is captured perfectly.

Yeah, I've looked it up since but 10 year old me just couldn't do it. I think I was caught up on trying to kill the croc, didn't even consider it an impossibility.
>>
>>67102357

They need to go Danger 5 and have nazis in the 60s
>>
>>67103875
Indiana Jones and the New Order
:)
>>
Was Indiana Jones 4 really that bad?

For those of you who absolutely hated it what are your biggest complaints?
>>
>>67103978

Overuse of CGI to the point where action had no tension and was just flashy fights (kind of like the lightsaber battles in the prequels)
I'm not a fan of aliens but you can argue indy always had supernatural elements
>>
>>67103365
>>Not based Fate of Atlantis

Seriously, it's the best Indy game by far. Can't really understand how you don't like SCUMM games, especially since adventure games rocked. I guess I can understand if you were born after it, but nostalgia for us old fags is a strong tool. I consider Indy 4 a master piece. It was an adventure game that had actual multiple paths and ways to progress, which for that time was nothing short of revolutionary.
>>
>>67103978
The universal answer is usually Shia Le Bouf and to a greater degree the refrigerator that saves you from a nuke somehow.
>>
>>67103604
Prepare for Best Korea being the villain
>>
>>67102878
>>67102933
This
>>
Donnie Yen as adult Short Round NOW!
>>
Which one?
>80 year old man running around doing stunts
>Flashing back to a younger Indi from Ford's perspective
>Rocky route and train a new guy
>>
>>67102998

Mutt was meant to be an unlikable and Shia played the part well. Not sure why everyone hates him.
>>
>>67106180

no he wasn't.
>>
>>67102357
Grandpa Ford
>>
>>67102740
This
>>
Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark 2: Electric Boogaloo
Set in the 80s, Indiana accompanies his student, who has uncovered the REAL Ark of the Covenant and they must race against Nazi remnants based in South America to bring it to the United States.
>>
>>67102878
>let Hollywood invent another movie series
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>67102357
Indiana goes on a quest to obtain the fabled Hip Replacement.
>>
>>67102357

> Ford dying on the set
> rewrite script
> insert shittons CGI
> 180000000 buget
> 24000000 profit
> Lucas film goes bankrupt
> Lucas kill himself.

all in all, a good day.
>>
>>67108563
Why would Lucas kill himself for Lucasfilm going bankrupt?
Lucas isn't affiliated with Lucasfilm anymore, Lucasfilm is owned by Disney, and Kathleen Kennedy is the president of Lucasfilm.
>>
>>67109174
>>67108563
Because anon is a dumb fuck
>>
>>67102357
ITT: We write the plot of Indiana Jones 5
>60's something
>Indy is finally retired, living with Marion, hasn't had an adventure in years
>school has been bought by a german billionaire, reformations are being done
>school getting reworked as a tech campus, some sort big antenna is being presented, it's a change-the-world type of technology
>Indy is called for a speech at the new year's eve ball
>Accepts it
>There, he sees a young mysterious man in a tuxedo, he isn't from the school staff
>Goes to talk to him
>Introduces himself, asks for the kids' name
>''Bond. James Bond.''

But for real just get another actor, Oscar Isaac would be good. These movies are more about the adventure than the character
>>
>>67102357
Old man Indy getting them damn uppity negro kids off of his lawn while he uses a metal detector to search for the lost treasure (his car keys to his Lincoln) in his front lawn
>>
i'm such an Indiana jones fan that i'm fucking sure I could write the script
>>
If Chris Pratt gets to be Indy will he be the luckiest man in Hollywood ?
>>
>>67102357
He will find his own tomb.
>>
Spielberg's back without Lucas, which means no aliens and it'll probably have something to do with a lost Jewish artifact like Solomon's ring which was reported by Jewish myth to be able to command demons.
>>
>>67109817
>a Jewish artifact capable of controlling demons
It all makes sense now.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.