[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stephen Dillane on Stannis (GoT)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: 1451596531079.jpg (76 KB, 610x475) Image search: [Google]
1451596531079.jpg
76 KB, 610x475
“I am not regretting to have done Game of Thrones, but I have nothing to say about it. I didn’t understand nor the show nor its success when I was part of it.

The experience was very strange, I wasn’t affected by it. In order to like a role, I need to be interested in it, and that wasn’t really the case with Game of Thrones. I was a bit overwelmed by the events.” […] Why, in this case, did he accept the role? After a long and exasperated silence, he answers “Between other things, for the money”.

http://next.liberation.fr/images/2016/03/13/stephen-dillane-a-la-gauche-du-trone_1439355

Absolutely

B A S E D
A
S
E
D
>>
M A N N I S
A
N
N
I
S
>>
What the point in even watching /got/ this year?
>>
>>67097903
Good actors, good costumes and good scenery.

But I'm not sure it will be worth it this year.
>>
>>67097903
To laugh as D&D tears the series apart.
I was way too invested in the books a few years ago, but now I realize the humor in knowing the GRRM fucked up. Now the ending will be spoiled in a retarded fashion and the book fags still invested will only be left with that.
I mean, no matter what GRRM dies beyond rich, but knowing for those of us that don't plan on dying of a heart attack we can taste the salty tears of book fans everywhere.
>>
>>67097948
>good costumes
lmao what
>>
Da Lane ruined the show's story progression with his lack of passion to play the Mannis for just one more season.
>>
>>67097759
oh so thats why he mailed in the performance and you guys legitimately think he was doing great acting

priceless
>>
>>67097903
It has some of the best fight scenes of tv, even better then some feature films honestly.
>>
>>67098287
It actually shows how incredible of an actor he actually is, considering he supposedly admits to pulling an R-Pats but still acted everyone else not named Dance, literally under the table.
>>
>"He confirmed, however, that his character will not return, including in ectoplasmic form. Shooting in costumes in the gas plant to the four corners of the planet, we know nothing except that it was "difficult because it is a big machine" . Why, then, it be undertaken? Long silence, increasingly exasperated. "Among other things, for the money."

well with a solid translation like that, im sure the rest of it is spot on
>>
>>67098287
Perhaps the fact he wasn't really over acting, acting somewhat like a realistic and believable person made us think that he was a great actor. Subtility makes for good entertainment, IE The Office.
>>
>>67097995
What's the deal with GRRM? You'd think his publishers will be all up his grill trying to eke out another fucking tome after it hit mainstream like every mediocre writer out there (JK Rolan did how many HP books in how many years?) and yet he just sits on one hand and flips everyone with the other. Restecp.
>>
>>67098597
i.e means "in other words"
e.g. means "for example"
>>
>>67097759
Just the man to have played stannis.
>>
>>67097995
Manlets are not allowed here Quentyn, when will you learn.
>>
>>67098634
Thank you, this has always perplexed me. Thank you sir.
>>
>>67097759
>OP literally changes what's written on the article
>people believe

Is this /v/? OP, control your autism, take a pill.
>>
File: 1s713ho_400.jpg (11 KB, 261x192) Image search: [Google]
1s713ho_400.jpg
11 KB, 261x192
So that's why the character was so half-assed in the show.

It's a shame.
>>
>>67098523
>not reading french
mdr cretin
>>
File: 1339283846825.jpg (128 KB, 933x720) Image search: [Google]
1339283846825.jpg
128 KB, 933x720
>>67098730
If I recall correctly, in a previous interview, he mentioned that D&D didn't tell him anything about his characters, scenes, or anything else relating to the show. They clearly didn't care about his scenes/characters, so it's only natural that he doesn't either.

Still one of the best actors on the show though.
>>
>>67098773
give us the proper translation then
>>
>>67098619

I bet Rowling had like a secret team of ghostwriters by book 4 or so
>>
Who gives a shit? Who would honestly be upset with that answer? I bet some of the people in the lord of the ring movies would say the exact fucking thing.

He portrayed the role well without being invested in the story and hype around it. He did his job and did his job well, that's about all you can ask, it's honestly fantasy capeshit in a sense, you watch it because its fairly fucking entertaining, not because you believe you are witnessing a masterly crafted show. Its literally the walking dead with better writing for the fantasy genre.
>>
>>67098773
Why would I speak French, when I had the option to speak German?
>>
File: twasmerelyanact.jpg (288 KB, 995x841) Image search: [Google]
twasmerelyanact.jpg
288 KB, 995x841
>>67098712
chrome has a translater built in, and every major browser has apps for it. It should be agreed upon by now that pretending to be retarded isn't clever and it isn't trolling
>>
>>67098877
pulls girls better than german
if you learn french, you can learn spanish, portuguese, italian easily
knowing english and french you can travel to almost anywhere in the world and get along fine
german is cool too though, both germany and france make some quality art

>>67098810
cant be asked lmao
>>
Wow Dillane acts like a real life stannis but as an actor. It's realer than real life
>>
File: Jesus approves.jpg (28 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Jesus approves.jpg
28 KB, 400x400
>>67097759
>Doesn't lie to appease psychotic fans

Nice.
>>
File: 1434596977793.gif (12 KB, 227x224) Image search: [Google]
1434596977793.gif
12 KB, 227x224
>>67097759
Wow, it's almost like acting is a JOB for most actors or something.

Is this supposed to make GRRM dickriders feel schadenfrauden about the quality of the show or something? The fact that Stannis' actor couldn't be arsed to give a toss about his role? Who gives a shit?

Alec Guinness is largely known in this generation as Obi Wan in the original trilogy, but he never gave a fuck about the role, said that he acted for a 'space western for children', and who can blame him.

The same guy stared in fucking Lawrence of Arabia and Bridge on the River Kwai, in comparison Star Wars is shlock, but just because it wasn't high art doesn't mean it's garbage. So why do these shitposters keep insisting that the books/show should be? Fuck everything, man, you faggots are insufferable.
>>
>>67097903
I like dany Jon and tyrion
>>
>>67098857
The first three books were written before the film rights and her creativity were sold off, so that would fit.
>>
>>67098351
some one post the sand sneks fight, I'm too lazy to do it right now
>>
>>67099668
Alec Guinness wasn't doing Star Wars for the money, he genuinely wanted to be involved with something to make children happy. He only became bitter when Star Wars got stupidly huge.
>>
>>67100044
Oh he made children happy, alright. Manchildren
>>
>>67100158
They were real children once, the problem is that they never grew up and treated Star Wars like a fucking religion.
>>
>>67097759
Man, he really IS Stannis
>>
File: I love his early work.gif (1001 KB, 316x400) Image search: [Google]
I love his early work.gif
1001 KB, 316x400
>>67100222
Trip don't lie. He was one of the reasons I watched the show, not his character, but him the actor. I just wanted to see him naked, but no nudity for him in a show that's all about it. 10/10 want to fuck him.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.