[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The decline of American Comedy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: AmericanComedyCancer.jpg (450 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
AmericanComedyCancer.jpg
450 KB, 1000x1500
Was it Dumb and Dumber that turned American Comedy into the vile, lazily written, "lol random", shallow shit we have today? Why do "comedians" like Jonah Hill and Melissa McCarthy know nothing about improvising lines (such as masters Peter Sellers and Robin Williams did) and why do directors let them go off script? How did we go from Airplane to Soul Plane? From All in the Family to The Big Bang Theory? Is it jews? Where did it began? And will it ever end?
>>
>>67094723

Yes. It's the jews. Jewish nepotism promoting jewish mediocre talent that has subsumed a culture.
>>
Before anyone says "dude, calm your tits. Why get worked up over stupid shit?"

It's because I'm tired of seeing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-xWokFJztY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7fP9q_LyDc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXw

And I'd rather see more movies like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIfcaZ4pC-4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgSPO191GrQ
>>
>>67094828
>>67094723
All in the Family was made by jews you fat retarded fucks

Jew did jew dat, fuck you

I can get half of that but the fuck you have against mad tv and as? You are just a jerkoff with no sense of humor. Only an autistic can't get a mild enjoyment out of Step-Brothers or Harold and Kumar.
>>
>>67094828

That explains Max Landis.
>>
>>67094996

>All in the Family was made by jews

And I wish these jews were alive to make television today. I don't give a fuck if a guy is named Schmeky Fenklestein, as long as he puts effort into his writing and doesn't try to shock/disgust.

>but the fuck you have against mad tv and as

Have you seen Squidbillies, 12oz mouse, etc.? And if you laugh at Ms. Swan or Stuart from MAD, you're a fucking retard and I can't help you.

> Step-Brothers or Harold and Kumar.

Fucking pleb.
>>
>>67095134
>ADULT SWIM IS JUST SQUIDBILLIES AND AQUATEEN

Jesus fucking Christ
>>
>>67094723
>From All in the Family to The Big Bang Theory? Is it jews

Jews made AitF you fucktard crossboarder, go back to /pol/ where you can get your easy answers spoonfed to you
>>
Tommy Chong and Cheech fucked it up desu.
>>
File: Unknown.png (3 KB, 114x160) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.png
3 KB, 114x160
>>67095322

Sorry. Do you like Rick and Morty? Family Guy? American Dad? Cleveland Show?
>>
>>67095428
>I-i-i c-can't enjoy anything because users on another website like it!!!

Have you never heard of Sealab, Birdman, Moral Orel, Oblongs, Clerks, You're pretty face is going to hell, etc?
>>
>>67095372
lol, /tv/ are the same retards that would go how redpilled and /pol/ Married with Children is without knowing that show was made by a black guy and a jew
>>
File: Walk_hard_poster_07.jpg (36 KB, 300x440) Image search: [Google]
Walk_hard_poster_07.jpg
36 KB, 300x440
I don't know why pic related was marketed as a Superbad type comedy, when it's really more of a parody in the vein of Airplane and Naked Gun.

This and Tropic Thunder are my favorite comedies of the current generation (if they're within the cutoff).
>>
>muh jews
>hasn't seen Hail Caesar
>>
But there were always shit tier examples of comedy.
>>
>>67095566
>the worst cohen brothers movie since intolerable cruelty

Get the fuck out
>>
>>67095577
This, for every good 80s and 90s comedy, there was five worse ones
>>
All in the Family loses its edgy appeal real quick, Archie being racist stops being funny after you watch 4 episodes
>>
Nothing wrong with Steve Carrell, he was great in The Office
>>
> Muh dick
> Muh weed
> Muh vagina
> vomit, diarrhea, poop, pee

Thank you Apatow for collectively lowering the national IQ by about 15 points. At least Midnight in Paris was made in the past five years
>>
>>67094723
A large handful of the shit on OP's pic started off funny, they just either got lazy or super overblown.
>SNL
>Will Ferrell
>Kevin Smith
>Harold and Kumar
>MADtv

Also why is Ashton Kutcher up there? The only comedies I can think of that he was in were Dude Where's My Car and That 70s Show, and both of those things are well over a decade old.
>
>>
Where did it start?

Weed humor: Cheech and chong
Lazy humor/man-child schtick: Billy Madison
Toilet humor: Probably the Farrelly brothers
Sex humor (blatent, not suggestive): American Pie?
>>
Writers stopped doing cocaine.
>>
>>67094723
Steve Carell and Ken Jeong are fantastic comedic actors with brilliant physical and facial abilities for
>>
>>67096185

And switched to weed. King's best shit was written while either drunk or on coke. Weed, on the other hand, makes a caterpillar seem funny. I think you solved it.
>>
>>67096245

Carell plays a good retard, but that's about it as far as comedy goes.

Can't speak for Jeong tho.
>>
>>67096245
this....Other than these two none of these hacks would be shit without their writers,
>>
>>67096333
Jeong's a talented guy, just a wild man like Farley used to be. Not nearly as funny obviously but still
>>
Honestly, we need to bring back the Hays code. Limit people so they are forced to be creative. When the code ended, cinema died.
>>
>>67095884
Everything on the list had been done by the 40s
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.