[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Michael Myers Mask & Movie Ranking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: MM.png (464 KB, 1400x264) Image search: [Google]
MM.png
464 KB, 1400x264
1. Rank Michael Myers' masks from best to worst (3 excluded, and Rob Zombie-produced masks not included due to being homosexual).

2. Rank the actual movies from best to worst.

My ratings, masks: 6>5>1>4>Bandages>H20>2

My ratings, movies:
6>4>5>2>3>1>Dirty socks>H20>Herpes>Both Rob Zombie Halloweens>HIV/AIDS>Halloween:Resurrection

Before you ask, yes I am autistic.
>>
H20 is such garbage
>>
>>67082766
The movie or mask? Or both? I think both.
>>
Why do you like Halloween 6 so much?
>>
>>67083416
The cinematography, mask, scariness, and mystery. I think it was the scariest one of the series.
>>
>>67083607
Generally Halloween 6 is regarded as a piece of shit, but the mask was alright, I'll give it that. Did you watch the Producer's Cut? I've heard it's a bit better. You might really like that one if you just watched the original cut.
>>
>>67083837
I know, although I feel it's much underrated. People hate it because of the plot (and I can understand that to some degree), but I feel the rest is overlooked. It had some of the best kills and scary moments. The mask was 10/10. I've seen both cuts many times over. I actually prefer the mass-produced cut for the most part, surprisingly. But PC is very close. I might go watch PC again.
>>
>>67084299
I don't hate it myself, I kind of have a soft spot for the later numbered sequels that people seem to hate. I still prefer the first two movies the best out of all of them, not a big fan of the Rob Zombie stuff and I don't even think I saw H2O or Resurrection. So my incomplete ranking would go

1>2>4>5>3>6>RZH1>RZH2

3 is a tough one to rank, it's so different.
>>
1 and 6 had the best masks.
>>
Halloween 3 is the best. This is my un-ironic and 100% genuine opinion. I don't give a shit about the masks.
>>
>>67084529
Go watch Resurrection and you'll immediately wish for an asteroid to hit the world.

Three would have been great if it wasn't titled Halloween 3. I thought it was scary, with the robots and whole town controlled thing.

Rob Zombie's Halloweens did suck. Pretty much what I'd expect from a heavy metal star. Yucky.

I like H2 much better than H1. The whole hospital setting is multiple times more creepy.
>>
>>67084707
Halloween 2 is cool because it directly continues the events of Halloween 1, like on the same night. I don't think I ever saw anything like that from a horror at that point in time. I guess Phantasm does it too and probably others I'm not thinking of but it was a first for me here. Anyway, Halloween 2 is about as good as a slasher movie sequel can get, I believe.
>>
>>67085012
Not him, but I liked that aspect of H2, also -- and seeing things from Michael's POV.

Friday the 13th part IV started off from the ending of III, but the movie didn't follow the entire night like H2 did with H1.
>>
>>67085012
Agreed. H2 was brilliant. I'm going to re-watch it. It was amazing that he could take out a whole hospital, map it out, trap you, and stalk you. Also, watching him walk down the stairs while he's chasing after Laurie was badass. Phantasm 1 was great but the rest sucked IMO.

>>67085092
I like Friday the 13th part 4 a lot, but yeah, H2 is a completely different beast.
>>
>>67085092
Michael's POV was nice, you got a little bit of that in Halloween 1, I think, but not like what they did with it in 2.

>>67085365
Phantasm 3 and 4 are below average but 2 is pretty great. Obviously 1 too. I'm pretty much down with any movie that has a scene of the heroes breaking into a hardware store after hours to upgrade their homemade flamethrower and shotgun.
>>
File: H20mask2.jpg (33 KB, 772x332) Image search: [Google]
H20mask2.jpg
33 KB, 772x332
>>67082628
>no H20 cgi mask

shit ranking
>>
>>67085567
what the fuck? I'm glad I've never seen this garbo
>>
>>67085531
What would you rank the Hellraisers as?

Friday the 13th?

>>67085567
Top kek
>>
>>67085707
Hellraiser I haven't seen every one so idk, I liked 1 and 2, 3 was a bit shit but I can't recall why. I think I saw Inferno a long time ago and thought that was okay but maybe that was because they were coming off the one where they were in space.

I'd have to think about Friday the 13th, it's not really my favorite slasher series, a lot of them kind of blur together for me
>>
>>67086017
Who are your top three favorite horror movie killers/series/movies/whatever?
>>
>>67086101
1. Halloween 2. Texas Chainsaw 3. Elm Street
>>
>>67086142
Last question: Rank the TCMs? Rank the Elm Streets?

I always thought Freddy was too funny to be scary, and it diluted the horror.
>>
>>67082628
1. 1 > 2 fuck the rest
2. 1 > 2 > 4 fuck the rest
>>
File: confused3.jpg (19 KB, 300x354) Image search: [Google]
confused3.jpg
19 KB, 300x354
>>67085567
Is that real?

If so why the fuck would they ever need to do that?
>>
Halloween fags are the absolute worst.
>>
>>67086537
http://www.campblood.net/forum/index.php?topic=7978.0
>>
>>67086393
TCM for me is just order of release

1>2>3>4>etc

Elm Street I'd go

1>3>NN>6>4>5>2
>>
File: Freddy's Dead.jpg (24 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
Freddy's Dead.jpg
24 KB, 540x304
>>67086393
>I always thought Freddy was too funny to be scary, and it diluted the horror.
He was perfectly utilized in the first one, and okay in the second (I didn't think he was as scary, but not very comical either). I think after that, when they really began pushing him as a comedic villain, the purpose was to find his sense of humor jarring in contrast to the absolutely gruesome shit he was putting kids through... But it doesn't really work to it's intended effect for everyone. By "Freddy's Dead" he went full meme warrior, though. Same with "Freddy's Nightmares" - those were the characterizations everyone seems to remember him by.
>>
>>67086537
they didn't want to pay the rights for the original mask
the director wanted something else
no one was happy with every ''fix'' they tried

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbYMkY74ikA
>>
>>67086820
>>67086820
why didn't they just use the same damn mask as they were using in the rest of H20?
>>
>>67084704
I'm with this anon. The slasher formula is just so fucking boring sometimes. Honestly it's hard for me to watch Halloween movies without it being October, or autumn at the very least. Halloween 3, though, always intrigued me.
>>
>>67087309
needs more gooby
>>
>>67085567
wow
>>
masks 1>6>4>5>2>bandages>h20
movies 1>2>3>4>h20>5>6>3
>>
Halloween 3 was the best, and it had no Michael Myers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MnaYzBhx0A
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIHUv2ooG38
>>
>>67088854
My fucking nigger.

This is the only answer.

Did anyone watch the Rob Zombie reboots? I thought they were shit.
>>
>>67088909
halloween III would've gotten more praise if it was announced with a different titled
>>
>>67090609
rz was shit
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.