[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boy, the way Glenn Miller played...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
Boy, the way Glenn Miller played...
>>
>>67073944
wow how pathetic does your show have to be to rip off the opening of family guy
>>
boys were boys and men were men...
>>
>Mister, we could use a man like Adolf Hitler right now

How did they get away with this?
>>
>>67073944
This show was so fucking comfy

>ywn live in the mid 70s
>>
>>67074566
>you will never not live in a pre 9/11 world ever again
>>
File: 1445388452639 copy.jpg (40 KB, 524x869) Image search: [Google]
1445388452639 copy.jpg
40 KB, 524x869
>mfw Archie was the very first /pol/
>>
File: 1458021967314.jpg (66 KB, 459x600) Image search: [Google]
1458021967314.jpg
66 KB, 459x600
>>67074600
Sorry I fucked that one up, already hitting the liquor this morning.
>you will never live in a pre-9/11 world ever, ever again
>>
>>67073944
>Didn't need no welfare checks, hang all niggers by their necks

How did they get away with this?
>>
For no reason here's Apu!
>>
File: IFWT_BlackFace.jpg (39 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
IFWT_BlackFace.jpg
39 KB, 500x350
and a show like this could never be made now....
>>
File: mr. krabs bait shop.png (475 KB, 627x477) Image search: [Google]
mr. krabs bait shop.png
475 KB, 627x477
>>67074349
>>
>the rape episode

Probably the best depiction of (attempted) rape I ever seen on /tv/. Edith isn't some young and hot hollywood star, the rapist acts like a normal guy until he tries to rape her, and the fall out afterwarda where she slaps her daughter was great. And the studio audience in that scene...you can still feel the tension 40 years later.

Any time Edith stood up for herself was fucking fantastic, the old dingbat.

My girlfriend would love this show but she thinks it's "racist" and won't give it a chance. Women.
>>
As much as I love Seinfeld, All in the Family is the GOAT sitcom. Great characters and humor, but also tackled real issues without ever feeling too preachy or pretentious. Also one of the comfiest shows of all time. I wish it was still in syndication or on Netflix.
>>
>>67075020
I think it's on Crackle.

The downside? You have to use Crackle
>>
>>67073944
I'm actually a fan of the Glenn Miller Band and Big Band music in general.

I think I have some records laying around collecting dust somewhere around my house. (I only collected records for like a year, it was a phase)
>>
>>67075020
Antenna TV still airs it
>>
>>67074611
Not really. That show was incredibly liberal, but as a poltard subtext probably isnt you're strong suit.

>le shows that cant be made today meme!

Good satire always beats political correctness.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.