[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Make this movie good. Hard mode: Keep all the stuff about the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: AvP.jpg (93 KB, 485x719) Image search: [Google]
AvP.jpg
93 KB, 485x719
Make this movie good. Hard mode: Keep all the stuff about the pyramids and rituals. Even harder mode: Keep it in modern day. Dante must die mode: No Arnold, Sigourney or Lance
>>
Get Paul WS Anderson the fuck out of there for a start
>>
File: Pleasenigger.gif (2 MB, 500x391) Image search: [Google]
Pleasenigger.gif
2 MB, 500x391
>>67070866
>make movie good
>keep pyramids & rituals
>>
>>67071092
That is why it is under hard mode. Having the pyramids and rituals in the movie was stupid as shit, but some anon out there would have some way to make the idea somewhat decent.
>>
>>67071109
What about xenomorphs just keking humans on earth(sort of like terminator salvation), and meanwhile, predators arrive for the hunt. Protagonist human finds a way to kek both.
>>
>>67070866
>keep pyramids and shit

fuck that

how about
>pred ship crash lands in a remote area on the pred planet
>xenos overran it and caused the preds to crashland
>preds send their best warriors to take them out
>whole movie is predators trying to stave off the xeno menace
>finally results in predator main character nuking city the xenos landed on to remove the xeno menace (possibly capital city)
>end credits scene is main predator escaping on his ship while a facehugger crawls up behind him while hes piloting
>cut to black
>>
>>67071193
>hard mode: protagonist is Alicia Vikander
>>
what are you talking about? for what it is it is great

a hundred times better than Alien 3
>>
>>67071201
so AVP:R?
>>
>>67071220
>For what it is

What is it though? It misses elements from both series that made them what they were. And the continuity errors out of the fucking ass.
>>
>>67071244
no, no humans. fuck human protags
>>
>>67071244
It sounds better than a bunch of whiny dudebros & their problems taking way too long to die.
>>
>>67071201
in addition

>more xeno types (crusher, ravagers, etc.)
>xeno queen is crazy OP
>xenos infect native life on pred planet making a fat army
>finale is main preds buddy giving himself up while main pred escapes as the nuke goes off
>>
>>67071220
A3 isn't bad, it's just extremely average. It always leaves me with that shitty feeling you get when a movie is completely in the middle.
>>
>>67070866
put batman in it.
>>
>>67070866
Lance is already in it and he doesn't give a flying fuck. Sigourney and Arnold hasn't been relevant since the mid 90s.

I say ham it the fuck up.

For starters, go full "rag tag team" mode, because the human characters in this movie are boring bland normal people. Give them all their own gimmick:

Make one a cowboy with revolvers and a cowboy hat. Maybe even a dustercoat.

Make one a black guy that never shuts up. Eddie Murphy/Chris Rock style comic relief that survives but isn't a threat to the two white main characters that will hook up.

Two good old boy hunters in camo jackets and bright orange caps that use crossbows because they're somehow superior to any type of gun.

Have an Italian or French casanova character that keeps hitting on all the female characters and talking about "mäking löve in ze light of ze, uh, moonlight..."

Keep going like this until you have about seven unique individuals. Then add the normal and bland everyman/woman hero.
>>
>>67070866
Show the culture of the predators, make them talk (in their language, this should be enough to carry a nice chunk of the movie) and show an alien outburst in the predator's home planet.
give two or 3 predators distincitve traits so we can recognize them ( one is bulky, other fat, add a woman predator for muh equality) in the chaos and there you go.
space marines x vikings x world war in spezz
>>
>>67071457
>humans
no.
>>
>>67071457
Its alien vs predator

not alien vs predator with humans who will always come out on top

whole movie should be about predators fighting xenos
>>
>>67071467
One thing I have to give AvP:R credit for is showing the a glimpse of the Predator home world. That is pretty cool. Then we get back to the actual movie...
>>
>>67070866
>Dante must die mode
Who the fuck is Dante?
>>
>>67071530
i saw AvP:R a long time ago but i recall thinking that it was better than the first one.
the black ripley was a pain in the ass.
>>
File: 1395158755773.jpg (694 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1395158755773.jpg
694 KB, 3840x2160
>>67071457
>but isn't a threat to the two white main characters that will hook up.
holy shit is this how /pol/ actually thinks? Black men are assumed to be "threats" to white relationships and it has to be explicitly clarified that the white characters will be in a pure relationship with each other. Doesn't this reveal a lot about your state of mind?
>>
>>67071457
>ham it up
>rag tag group
>>
File: 1424294017763.jpg (40 KB, 440x470) Image search: [Google]
1424294017763.jpg
40 KB, 440x470
>>67071562
OUT!
>>
>>67071569
A foreign big sausage endangers any relation anon.
>>67071583
holy fuck the blak lady is ugly as fuck.
all of them actually.
>>
>>67071563
AvP was boring and nonsensical, AvP:R was down right shit. It tried way to hard to "scare" us, but we had zero people that can be considered actual characters and some of the stupidest design decisions. For example: Maternity ward scene. It is a movie to watch for shock value... and that's it.
>>
>>67071629
should watch it again.
i remember something about how it was filmed that showed the predators like scary motherfuckers instead of the goofy superhero that AvP tried to show.
but again ill rewatch it.
>>
>>67070866
>written/directed by James Cameron
>recast main chick with Jessica Biel
>replace Harold Kloser with Alan Silvestri
>unleash the Predalien around 1/3 of the way through this film from one of the three predators
>two predators survive until the end instead of just one, and they bring Biel with them after she saves their lives
>perhaps one is about to kill her and the other one stops him, and they take her with them.
>plot point revolves around the two predators and Biel searching for the Queen's chamber instead of setting a bomb.
>they reach the chamber and press a button that stops the egg production, then they clear the pyramid of all aliens and eggs
>one predator survives the final confrontation with the Predalien (instead of the Queen) - probably the one that was going to kill Biel
>that predator goes home with the ship after a moment of respect with Biel's character
>no Predalien cliffhanger
>Facility doesn't explode, last we see of the Queen she's still chained up and screaming - perhaps the cliffhanger is her breaking free instead of the Predalien, actually.

Also, Lance is already in it. Are you forcing me to recast him? I guess, in that case, stick Brent Spiner in that role.
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with this movie. Its a hell of a lot better than the original franchise.
>>
>all these plebs talking about plot
I'm pretty sure that Paul W.S Anderson was 90% of the problem. Dig up Panos Cosmatos or Richard Stanley and you'll have some 11/10 radioactive-hot shit on your hands. They'd probably do the job 10x better at the cost of whatever you've got to spare in your wallet.
>>
>>67071755
Black ripley was unnecessary.
hell, every human was unnecessary.
another director would've helped but the script was shit to begin with,
>>
>>67071863
shes some japaense girl in the books.

Of course hollywood does it again.
>>
>>67070866
>Make this movie good

But it's already good, Anon!

The second one was shit, tho.
>>
>>67071486
Yes.

There's nothing interesting about aliens or predators. You need the human element, or else you only have two cgi monsters battling each other. And if you want that, fuck off back to /v/ nigger. Frankly speaking.
>>
>>67071569
You're reading too much into it, but I'm glad that I made you laugh.
>>
>>67071569
pretty sure he referenced the fifth element
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.