[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which Jet Li movie is the best? I like this one the most
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: VoRR2nH7aaQ.movieposter_maxres.jpg (46 KB, 300x435) Image search: [Google]
VoRR2nH7aaQ.movieposter_maxres.jpg
46 KB, 300x435
Which Jet Li movie is the best? I like this one the most
>>
Jet Li's fights are uniformly garbage. Sped up film and absurdly unnecessary wirework ruin every single one of his fight scenes. Shame he never managed to film a single good quality fight scene before he got over the hill, because he obviously has natural talent.
>>
>>67064456
"hero" is the only acceptable answer. everything else is pure fucking cringe
>>
File: 1349724635285.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1349724635285.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>67064499
>>67064526
>>
>>67064456
That's because it is the best

>>67064526
Hero aged much better
>>
I'd say fist of legend.
>>
>>67065184
Jet Li is garbage and he uses wires to pull his tiny body around in every single movie he's ever been in even in scenes where it's completely unnecessary.
>>67065252
The most annoying fight scene in Fist of Legend is where Jet Li uses wires to yank his opponents back 5 meters when he devastates them with a punch to the chest. Oh wait, that's every single fight in Fist of Legend. Oh my bad, that's actually every single fight in every single HK movie Jet Li ever made.
>>
>>67065327
Relax dude.
>>
hero or fearless for me
>>
>>67065327
>muh make believe movies aren't real enough
>>
>>67065377
Jet Li could already do amazing things on film, it's annoying that his natural talent was ruined by caricature.

Bruce Lee didn't have this problem. Jackie Chan dabbled in this madness but was a lot more circumspect. Jet Li is a standout because he just didn't care about how many wires were poured into every single film he made. Sad.
>>
>>67064456
last hero in china
>>
>>67064456
Fight scenes? This or Romeo Must Die. Concept? The One. Shame Lis fights cenes are always overproduced crap, wirework and fastmotion out the yinyang which is a shame because with a good choreographer Jet Li could do some good stuff. He's old and he doesn't like doing martial arts roles anymore, but in his prime he would have fit right in to a movie like the Raid.
>>
Kiss of the Dragon is an awful movie
>>
>>67064456

Kiss of the Dragon is pretty cool, though for me, Fist of Legend will always be his masterpiece.
>>
>>67065327

What the fuck? You mean Fist of Legend wasn't a documentary? I'm legitimately shocked.

Also, Unleashed/Danny the Dog is great - mostly because of based Bob Hoskins.
>>
>>67065457
Who gives a fuck? Wire-fu looks far cooler than traditional fight scenes, if you can't handle the fantasy aspect of it I pity you

Anyway to answer OP Fist of Legend is obviously his best, though Once Upon a Time in China is also great
>>
>>67066013
Name one wire-fu scene that looked better from anything in The Raid or Ong Bak or IP Man for example..

Dont get me wrong they can look really cool in the right context, but a movie that centers itself on fight scenes will always be better if the fight scenes are produced properly.

If you're going to use wire shit, embrace it and go full wacky, like the Matrix or Crouching Tiger, don't try to ground it in reality like most of Jet Lis movies and then wonder why they don't stack up against Martial Arts classics or high octane Action flicks.
>>
>>67064456
IMHO - The Enforcer
>>
i just watched tree jets movies. fearless, unleashed and the 80s classic which also had the pudgy friend of jackie chans. fucking KICK ASS
>>
>>67068196
is that the one where he stunt doubles for a jacky chan like actor? I enjoyed that one.
>>
>>67064499
>Why isn't Jet Li exactly like Jackie Chan or Donnie Yen
>>
>>67064456

i'm one your side op

based scene, based b movie with tcheky cario, as a french fag it's a must seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9VKSul5ISs

also i'd recomend the sect of the white lotus or somethign like that dont know the eng name
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.