[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tv/ any good recommendations for spooky paranormal movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: insidious-1.jpg (21 KB, 900x536) Image search: [Google]
insidious-1.jpg
21 KB, 900x536
Hey /tv/ any good recommendations for spooky paranormal movies like Insidious, Sinister, or the Conjuring. Doesn't have to be in English or anything like that. Just wanna have a good spooky time.
>>
>>67061945
Last Shift and possibly As Above, So Below
>>
>>67061945
oh nice, is this a fapflick?
>>
She was a qt. I wonder she murdered her whole family.
>>
Does anybody remember what the name of that one horror movie is? All I remember is there used to be a .gif posted of it a lot.

Some chick is at the bottom of the stairs and she looks up, and then she looks down a hallway and I think she sees a ghost or something? And comes running at her all creepy like something out of the Grudge or The Ring? I think it was a Spanish horror film and it had something to do with Mommy or some shit? I could be wrong though. But I'm certain about the part with the .gif though.
>>
>>67063162
Mama? The short most likely.
>>
>>67063162
Mama is good
I also enjoyed Babadook and It Follows, though I don't know if /tv/ still considers those meme movies though the first is more of a character study with creepy undertones than it is outright horror, and the third act is a bit weak.

If I remember anymore I'll post them OP
>>
>>67063258
I just looked it up on PTP and yeah it's definitely Mama', thanks man.

>>67063520
>Babadook
>It Follows

Both of those movies were shit but if I'm being 100% honest and fair...I'm not sure if they were shit because they were just THAT fucking awful...or if it was because of allll of the fucking hype that surrounded it and it just being such a let down. Either way both of those movies were bad, you immediately spouting them just makes me feel like I'm on /r/Horror or some shit.
>>
>>67063591
I think you just read to much hype on them. Like I said, Babadook isn't really very much of a horror movie, so if you aren't interested in tense, spooky character studies then you probably won't like it, but I thought it was certainly better than the movies listed in the OP. It follows had some janky internal logic, but honestly it was kind of refreshing and despite seeming like a rehash of old monster movies I thought it struck out on its own and had some decent (if not a little on the nose) symbolism and theming.

Also more recommendations (some of them are pre 80's just so you know)
>Hellraiser 1-3 (three is a bit silly but 1 is great and 2 is a decent follow-up)
>Silent Hill (the movie is kind of bad but it borrows aesthetic elements from the games so if you like the aesthetic but don't want to play them I'd give it a whirl
>In the Mouth of Madness (best Lovecraft movie I've ever seen, mostly because Lovecraft isn't touched on a whole lot)
>>
>>67063929
I've only seen the first Hellraiser and can agree on it being pretty fucking good. I'm probably the only person on the planet that loved the fuck out of both of those Silent Hill movies and actually want a 3rd one. I haven't seen In the Mouth of Madness.
>>
File: 1455988024297.jpg (8 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
1455988024297.jpg
8 KB, 316x202
>>67062019
>As Above, So Below
NO!! don't let /tv/ troll you into watching this piece of shit!
>>
Rec. Spanish found footage film. Rly goo
>>
>>67064811
fuck off nigger it's decent
>>
>>67064269
Like I said, they lack any real substance, especially compared to the games which are some of the most thematically and symbolically sound games I've ever seen, but if you dig the aesthetic they're great. I'd recommend the 2nd and 3rd games if you can get past their janky controls.
>>
>>67061945

Who is this literal semen demon?
>>
>>67064933
I've played all of the games except for that shitty Wii one. Very unique games. I've yet to find another game where I feel absolutely hopeless...I mean the earlier Resident Evil games come kinda sorta close, but just doesn't compare. RE is more like "holy shit it's the end of the world, what the fuck are we going to do" whereas Silent Hill is more like, you're trapped in an absolute fucking nightmare that refuses to end. As a person who has played the games (both RE and Silent Hill) I do agree that the movies are nowhere near as good as the games, but imo the movies are still really good.

I think a lot of people get detached from it so easily because they aren't in control of the characters like they are in the game. You aren't controlling Harry or Heather so you don't have that real sense of hopelessness. You can get into the theme and aesthetic of the movie but it's just not the same as the game, at least that's why I think a lot of people were so eager to hate it. That and the MUH CANON faggots that'll shit on it if it isn't a 1:1 copy of the game.
>>
>>67065061
I honestly think that that's why so many video game movies are so bad. Instead of trying to take the thematic elements of a game and work them into a movie, most directors for some reason try to work the actual mechanics into the movie which ends horribly. I feel like if directors simply tried to work the actual themes and tone of the game into a movie instead of just cramming as many references to the game as possible into it, people could come up with some cool stuff.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.