[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This looks fucking terrible.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 250x370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 250x370
This looks fucking terrible.
>>
>>67056334

No it looks good you dumb fucking human piece of shit
>>
>>67056334
It's being well received at SXSW
>>
Looks really awesome, but I think the name change is retarded.
>>
>>67056334
>FPS: The movie
>>
>>67056334
I can't wait for all the motion sickness stories to come out about it.
>>
>>67056852

getting motion sickness is for women
>>
>>67056334
it seems alright, no more or less than that but you just know there's going to be some crazy action sequences
>>
>>67056334
I was skeptical at first. I was thinking it was some shitty Freddie Wong YouTube movie but it actually looks kind of impressive.
>>
>>67056334
It looks like the kind of thing that's entertaining for about 20 minutes, then gets boring quick.
>>
Maybe the 2 people in the world who've never seen a FPS game will think its neat.
>>
>>67056874
>getting motion sickness is for women

This.

The fuck kind of pussy ass constitution do you have to get fucking motion sick without moving?
>>
I've seen it, it's pretty good. It mimics the aesthetic of a videogame better than anything I've seen, for better or worse, in both the way its filmed and it's story. I thought that the first-person thing would wear thin going in, but it kept me reasonably entertained throughout. The reception it's getting is way more positive than I would expect, though. It definitely didn't deserve the TIFF Midnight Madness award.
>>
>>67058990
Really? It seems like a really good Midnight Madness movie
>>
>>67058885
Blair Witch Project had people throwing up in theaters. Granted, part of that could have been that the movie was shit, but by and large it was the shaky-cam.
>>
>>67059131
Green Room was significantly better.
>>
>>67059181
I had a job at a movie theater when the original Cloverfield came out; I cleaned up a lot of vomit that week.
>>
>>67059273
Oh yeah I've heard about that one.
>>
>>67058885
You fucking retard you only get motion sickness when you're NOT moving while viewing something that makes your brain think you're moving or vice versa.

Also stop speaking like a nigger. Or maybe you are one, hence your idiocy.
>>
>>67056334
>Contrarian detected
>>
looks like a fun popcorn flick tbqh
>>
I seen the trailer Im theatres. I thought it was a joke. Looks painfully annoying.
>>
U FOOKIN COD
>>
Looks like a spiritual successor to the Crank films.

Which is muy bueno .
>>
>>67060395
Ayyyy that's what I'm hoping for.
>>
looks pretty dumb to me too
>>
>>67056334
the short movie version was more than enough of this theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i92g0MU3dA
>>
>>67059405
>not liking actionbabby pew pew video game movies
>contrarian
You have to be 18 to post on 4chan
>>
>>67056874
>I've never played a video game
>>
>>67060999
fucking retard. in a video game you control the character, and therefore you anticipate the movements.

but when you are watching a movie shown through 1st person, you are not aniticpating the movements, and that's how you get motion sickness.

just like on a roller coaster, just like on a boat. if shit is moving around you a lot that you have no control over, you get motion sickness
just like passengers in a car get motion sickness, but never when they drive.
>>
>>67061456
You ever play a videogame in VR?
Playing Doom in VR made me get motion sickness for a bit.You anticipate the movements there and it still makes you sick
>>
>>67061581
that's because VR developers are retards and cant do one simple fucking thing that prevents motion sickness.

Your nose needs to be in your field of view. having a stationary object that is always there greatly counter acts motion sickness.

this was figured out back in the mid 90's when the VR craze started, its too fucking bad current developers cant figure this shit out.
>>
>>67056874
Can confirm, lady sitting next to me puked, man on my other side laughed and had a pleasant time.
>>
>>67061456
ppl still get motion sick from videogames, ill never understand it, if im watching something on-screen i will never get motion sick by looking at something i know is an image. also your defending this pretty fucking hard ill take it you get motion sick in movies.
>>
I give them props for experimenting with something new, but yeah, I predict it will be shit anyway.
>>
>>67060999
>60 fps vs 24 fps
>>
Looks great desu. I've been really stoked about it for a while and Sharlto Copley will be great.

Agree on the name change being shit though.
>>
File: 1450752515689.jpg (21 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
1450752515689.jpg
21 KB, 270x270
>>67056334
You can't stop it. It will be the new epic fad that defines this decade of Y2k teen something years. It will be more epic than the 80s Back To The Future movies.

MARK MY WORDS, here and NOW.
IT WILL BE THE BIGGEST CRAZE, the BIGGEST TREND, and the sign of the times...
>>
What's this guy's name again?
>>
>>67056334
that's what your mom said and still sucked it
>>
Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?
>DUDE I GOT A GO PRO HELMET LETS SHOOT A ACTION MOVIE
>>
Looks interesting but cheesy
>>67065120
I agree, more and more movies will spawn with the FPS gimmick.
>>
>>67056334
Butthurt plebs don't realise the first person perspective has been utilised in film since before video games or their parents existed.

Gimmick movies are fine. It's not going to be a trend.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgox84KE7iY

Save yourself a movie ticket. It's pretty much just this for over an hour anyway.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.